Saturday, 23 January 2016

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,



I hope you all enjoyed yesterdays shows sorry about the coughing lol!  Im at the Newbury paper crafts show today from 10am to 4pm at Newbury Racecourse on the Art of Craft stand with the lovely Jayne and Penny.  If you are in the area this is a great show with loads of demos and make and takes etc great for a cold Saturday!

  Todays something different really is different for me as I don't get the chance to do a lot of altered art!  This was a project made for the Craft Clearance website and I got the chance to play with some brilliant retro stock such as this nestling album and matching bling from Want to Scrap.









I mixed this project with Cosmic Shimmer and tried a few new things just to see if they worked.  This whole book is covered with a combination of shimmer paint and Sparkle Texture paste.  I stared by covering the pre-cut book cover of cogs with silver shimmer paint, whilst wet i stippled over midnight sparkle texture paste.  To add some difference and more texture I then stippled over silver moon sparkle texture paste.  I used the two colours to create light and saved and give the impression of age.

















Next I added the matching rhinestone bling on some of the cogs and in the centres.and embossed one of the nesting shoes, uncoloured, with the fine finials 5 x 7 embossing folder.  I then rubbed over some pewter gilding wax in a heavy handed manner so that it appeared tarnished.  I added my initials on the edge and some old CE metal embellishments I have had for an age.






For the background i cut a piece of black card to the same size and embossed it with the linen 8 x 8 embossing folder then covered this with more of the heavy handed pewter gilding wax.

Finally IU used the jump rings that come with the book and added bakers twine and organza ribbon tied to these along with a few more metal keys etc.

All the ingredients used are available on the Craft Clearance website along with a short video introduction to this project (and a few others) by me!

Enjoy....

35 comments:

  1. Morning John, this is a fabulous project one of my granddaughters would love this as she is really into grunge the other two I done were more flowery but must do this one for Nicole.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you for all the great shows.
    Today's card is brilliant, Thank you.
    Take care and have fun, Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    Really enjoyed the shows. The link to the clearance does not work so can't get any of the stuff so am looking for cog dies.
    Great project! Love it!
    Annr M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John. An interesting project. I loved your demos at 4 and 7pm (still have the others to watch). You're starting to be a very busy bee again!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still can't get hochanda....this card is great for a man's card
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow John this is amazing not your usual style at all. I enjoyed your shows yesterday. I am coming to the Newbury show I hope I will see you there. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is different for you John and i LOVE it!
    Great shows .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project, quite different from your usual style.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, wow, wow, wow, absolutely love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John
    Wow, very different. I loved your shows yesterday, some great techniques.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John, wow this album is stunning!!!
    I enjoyed the shows!!! Have fun today!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Wow I love this album,it's great. I did click on the link but Google says page not found.
    I managed to watch some of your shows yesterday while my Grandaughter had a nap. One live and the others taped. I loved the demos.
    Enjoy the craft show in Newbury
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Tremendous Shows, I Really Love Today's Project Its Always Great To See Something Different You Must Be Very Tired After All The Shows And Now Out And About At A Show, I Hope You Have A Throughly Great Day. Enjoy!!!!!!
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John, hope you are feeling a little better today, wrap up warm otherwise you will make yourself worse.

    A very striking card today with lots going on.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to see something so completely different, John. Just watched the amazing demo with gilding flakes in the ray design. Will have to give it a go.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Wonderful project, nice to see a very different look, great shows on hochanda.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. good to see something completely different

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, this is s project with a difference. What fun you must have had doing it. I love the shimmer paint and combining it with texture paste looks interesting.

    As mentioned above your link to the craft clearance web site doesn't work but a search for it in any browser will find it. It has been bookmarked on my computer for a long time.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the shows yesterday. I hope you got yourself a hot Lemon and honey. It helps the throat. What a different looking card today!! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    WOW, as you say totally different, but it is amazing!
    I don't often like grunge but this I love.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not the sort of card I would make, but you've done a great job. Hope you feel better soon.
    SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    Steam punky is not my kinda thing but this is an excellent example. You could do with being curled up in bed with a hot todd.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John,
    Not my thing steam punk but you have done a great job.
    Hope your cough is a bit better today.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, This is absolutely fabulous !! I love the whole steampunk, vintage style, ideal for male cards, this is stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely different John not sure I'd go quite down the paste grunge route but I do have the Spellbinders cogs dies so you never know a variation may surface. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh John this is definitely different, but I think its great would love to to something like this but don't have anything similar that I could use. but will have to keep a look out for some.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well a Creative Expression Takeover weekend followed by a one day special - my credit card overheated. I am always on the look out for cogs/watch cards for inspiration - will add this one to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great project John, love it!!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, stunning work, love all the cogs and wheels in the silver colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning piece of art altered art todsa john!
    Your shows were fan yesterday, you always manage to include so many great hints and tips! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hugs
    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have never done steam punk and heavens this fantastic I love it Going to look at their site now I lived the shows especially as I have a few of the items that were on offer

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,

    Great project, I love it x

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Like this very much. Great day at Newbury today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,
    I love that project. Thanks for showing us.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete