Saturday, 2 January 2016

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

I thought that it was high time I reinstated by Something Different Saturday where I showcase a project that is not strictly a card.  It may be a tag, a card set, an MDF piece or my favourite a Box!  so here is the first Something Different Saturday of 2016 and its a tag!  Now this page is designed to math the Box that I am beavering away on for next Saturday's post.






This is a simple project made as it is from layering onto a tag cut from the largest of Sue Wilson double pierced tags set for Creative Expressions.  I find this die so useful that it is held in my basics book as I get it out so often!!  This tag was embossed with the A4 star Swirls embossing folder to add a layer of texture.  I then rubbed Pearl Moon CS gilding was over the raised design and rubbed the excess off, and added a lovely shine, with a dry wet wipe.




I stamped the outline stitched stamps form my pierced flags clear stamp set and cut it out using the matching die designed by Sue Wilson.  Next I stamped the sentiment, appropriate for a Saturday I thought, in detail white CS embossing powder onto Wisteria foundation card and cut this out with the same large tag die form the set.  I foam mounted this sentiment flag over the plain stamped one slightly offset and foam mounted them both onto the right hand side of the page.




Next I stamped CE silver double sided satin ribbon with the camellia border stamp form my Camellia elements clear stamp set in black archival repeating the pattern to cover approx half a metre.  next I made a double bow with the stamped ribbon and used the remainder as a tie thought the top hole in the tag.  Finally I made up a coconut white Camellia flower us the Sue Wilson Camellia die set and finished it with a pearl in the centre.  I added this over the bow and placed it on the top left as shown.

A simple tag that could, if you like, make a card in itself !

Ingredients:
Card Size: Tag
Colours: Wisteria, Coconut White and Silver
Dies: Camellia Complete Petals, Pierced Flags, Pierced tags
Stamps: John Lockwood Mondays Child & Camellia Elements sets
Inks:  Jet Black Archival Ink, Perfect Medium & detail white embossing Powder (Cosmic Shimmer)

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you, I hope this gets through trouble with broadband.
    Take care kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple tag??? - to me it is amazingly beautiful and not really so simple at all - elegant yes, but not simple!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a lovely tag this morning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful John, this looks so stylish, cant wait to see next weeks creation, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John ,this is not a simple tag it is beautiful. Great idea thanks .Gloria(Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, this is gorgeous as you say it would make a fabulous card looking forward to next Saturday to see your box.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, certainly doesn't look simple to me. It would make any gift looks special.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow John, if that is the tag I can't wait to see the box.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning tag. There so much detail it would have to be for a very special occasion. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John very effective.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous tag. A suitably 'educated' and crafty recipient would recycle and make into a card. However, a mean, greedy person like me would keep it!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Posh describes your tag very well. I would love that on a gift!
    Nice!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. It's a gift in itself. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John a mini work of art and hardly looks simple. Beautiful. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how lovely is this ? such a lovely idea i think this would be a lovely confirmation gift .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    I love this it's gorgeous. So different. Also glad to say I have the dies and stamp sets to enable me to do this.
    I spent yesterday afternoon, going through our Christmas cards we received and using the tags made loads of gift tags for next Christmas, they look so professional lol. I always try to recycle my Christmas cards except the special ones that I keep.
    Can't wait to see the box to go with this tag, hope you find d us all the sizes etc. How about a video like Sue does. We know you've done a few, would be nice if you could do some when making cards & boxes.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh up John
    Very pretty tag that would complement a special gift.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A superb tag John and so elegant.
    My apologies as I haven't visited the blog for sometime but plan to make it a regular feature of my day.
    I am just catching up with some of your old shows on Hochanda and I am afraid I missed your most recent ones.
    I am thinking of starting a blog but that would involve more than looking at all my new goodies that I was lucky enough to get for Christmas.
    Going to pack Christmas away tomorrow so will have the space to craft once again.
    I look forward to seeing the box next Saturday, wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    I Love Your Beautiful Tag You Always Create Great Projects What Ever They May Be
    Hugs From Sam xxxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John such a pretty tag and if this is anything to go by I am so looking forward to seeing the box you have created for it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello John

    Well what a fantastic Saturday blog. Love the tag you have made and again ......I love the idea of stamping on the ribbon.

    I can see that this tag would also double up as a card.

    Thanks for the ingredient list, I find this so useful.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you John,
    for the gorgeous tag. It's such an effective design, could be place cards as well as a gift tag and of course, a card.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, A very pretty tag. My hubby is a 'Saturday's Child' and he does 'work hard for a living', this would be ideal for him.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely tag John!
    Hope you had a good Christmas and new year,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely tag. Would look good on a card as well. Looking forward to seeing the box.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So beautiful! Very soft and elegant to look at. Great inspiration. Can't wait to see what is next!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    Lovely to see "something different Saturday again".
    Fabulous tag would grace any gift.
    Looking forward to seeing everything you have to share with us throughout 2016!
    Love Janet
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well I love tge something different, wonderful tag and so pretty that I can't wait to
    see what the box is like.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, oooo this is a beautiful (wow!) tag x Will look forward to seeing the "Something different Saturday" when you do projects like these xx can't wait for the box! :) "thank you John" xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, playing catch up. Yes very different but extremely beautiful, will check this out later.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy New Year to you, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    Beautiful tag, love all the detail.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete