Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Red Hearts...

Happy Wednesday,

Another card made using the stunning new dies launched by Sue on Hochanda last weekend, this time the Heart of Heart and a different take on the Orange Blossom Flowers.

For this one I stared by die cutting the centre die of the hearts form baby pink foundation card.  I then added a heart behind this cut form double sided adhesive sheet which I attached to the back and covered the exposed adhesive with Rose Copper polished Silk glitter ( I've been using this loads recently)

I then cut the next plain heart from the set from coconut white and cut one of the Corvus Gemini die form the bottom.  I then cut the next heart die from baby pink card and cut another Corvus base however I made sure that this layer was higher than the white one.  I finished this with a pink square cut form the double pierced squares set B .

I added double sided tape around a slightly larger square and covered this with more of the polished silk glitter to create a mat for the piece.  a few layers of white and baby oink to make the finished card front.





To make the dots on the Corvus points i added cosmic pearl PVA glue and sprinkled polished silk glitter on these so that I got raised glitter pearls.



To finish the card I needed some flowers so it was back to the orange blossom set of dies however this time I simply cut 2 each of the smallest 5 flowers along with each of the smaller centres that come with the set.  This set has so many different flowers and includes the centres definitely a brilliant value set.  I cut the smaller flowers in the baby pink with centres in white, shaped them with my ball tool and mounted them 2 to a flower with a white centre.  I finished with a soft pink VA glue dot in the centre and arranged them around a priced flag.


For the flag I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment onto white card and cut out one side of the medium flags.  I then reversed the die and cut the other end with the flag end hanging the remaining piece of the end of my machine to give a double flag.  I arranged the flowers around this once I had shed it around the bottom of the heart.

Ingredients:
Card Size: 20 x 20 cm
Colours: Baby Pink& Coconut white
Dies: Double pierced squares , Heart of Hearts, pierced Flags, orange Blossom complete petals, Corvus Gemini
Stamps: John Lockwood Pierced Flags clear stamps set
Cosmic Shimmer: Rose Copper polished Silk Glitter, Pale Pink PVA, Archival Ink Jet Black

Enjoy...


45 comments:

  1. Good morning John, lovely card today!!! Would make a fab
    Valentine card!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a beautiful card as Lynda said a fab. Valentine's card I think this is my favourite die from the new collection so far, all the cards Sue showed on tv were gorgeous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes as already said lovely card for a valentine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John.
    I think we are all in agreement, lovely Valentine card.
    Thank you, have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    yes a great valentines card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,

    Beautiful creation, would make a fabulous Valentines card too.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, Another Beautiful card! Al it is missing is a box of chocolates :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, what a stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, oh you are onto a winner with this one, we have Valentines day coming up next month and this would be a lovely card to either give or receive, I love it, the trim works so well on this too.

    Stay safe, healthy, and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello John, this card is a real stunner, love the pink and red combination. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Love this die and the fall away from it. Made a really pretty card.
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Wow a beautiful card today very pretty colours as well.
    I'm having a craft day today hoping I don't get disturbed lol. I have 2 quilted craft bags to finish before Saturday.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design and dies are amazing. I really like the heart die that one is going to be hard to get hold of. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Another Fabulous Card Thank You So Much For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card. This die is top of my wish list.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Polished silk glitter and pink card are not what I would expect from you but they have worked well in this very pretty card. I like the idea of using the glitter to make a mat for the main piece.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card John, nice color combination it really works and the cute petals are adorable.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John very pretty card with so many elements to it. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John,
    A very pretty girly card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, A very pretty card, I'm loving the 'petticoat' style border.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John ,a very striking card today .I love it .Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the idea of "sinking" the main image. It is so effective and must try it. A lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    Gorgeous card. I love the colours and recessed heart of hearts die.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy New year John, sorry a little late. Beautiful card. Your colour co-ordination is truly splendid.
    Best wishes
    Till Lady aka Anne (Reading)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    A gorgeous card! I had over looked this die until I saw Sue on Hochanda, and now this beautiful card, I see how absolutely wonderful it is especially for weddings!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what a lot of pink! Too much for me but in another colour combination this card's a winner. However, that's personal choice and in no way detracts from the design.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty, such a lovely layout of the dies....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Morning John, lovely card and such a great way to use the dies, and great as a Valentine Card
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely Gorgeous card and love the colours too .

    So many things to do with this die Weddings ,Anniversary ,Valentine , top of the list for this one .Thank you john for inspiration .
    Jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card John - so many things one can do with the die.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have a few 25th Wedding Anniversaries within the family in 2016, so I have seen one of Julia's I can adapt and one of Sue's and now one of yours, so at least I will not be sending the same card to them all. I will need to adapt because I don't have all the dies that Julia, Sue and yourself have used - I know that is a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello John

    Another beautiful card today. Love the composition of this card using the Heart and Corvus dies.

    The Orange Blossom die flowers are so delicate and I love them.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this card Perfect for birthdays anniversaries and dare I say - valentines My never ending wish list has yet another item added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the design of today's card John but there is too much pink for me. Very well made though.
    Another miserable day here in Gloucestershire I hope it improves soon.
    Wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy New Year to you John, I hope you had a good Festive time, and a bit of a rest.
    Beautiful card, the dies are wonderful as is your design, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous card, I love the Heart of Heart die. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card today John. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, lovely colours too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  41. Eh up John
    Sorry I'm a day behind but I got waylaid as I was about to comment last night.
    Its a bit too pink for me but the design and the use of the glitter is superb. The flowers look fab too.
    Off to look at today's creation.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi John, love the dies used and the way you've put it all together. The pinks remind me of Angel delight and strawberry jam together.....yummy! Thank you John xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete