Tuesday, 19 January 2016

More Masking...

Happy Tuesday,

I thought you might like to see a close up of this card as it didn't get any time on Hochanda at the weekend!  I had prepared this as a demo however a last minute change in the items meant we didn't have this mask to show!


Lots of people have asked how to use this technique of using sparkle texture paste onto acetate. Therefore I hope you were able to catch the demo on Sundays shows.  This works really well if you're using two different masks.

I started by spreading Phill Martin's Frosted Mink sparkle texture paste through the mask onto acetate ( I use heat emboss acetate to answer a question, you don't need this but I prefer to use one that will work for everything so its easy lol)  I allowed this to dry for a couple of hours then I cut a small frame using the 2 smallest dies in Sue Wilson's double pierced squares.  I then used the smaller die from the set to cut an aperture in the acetate to make a window.

I then placed the smaller frame around the aperture and used a larger frame I had to around the outside of the acetate. Next I embossed the same mask onto another piece of taupe foundation card and shaded this with frosty mink coloure cloud blending Ink. I mounted the acetate above the embossed panel and then mounted this on a card blank made from layers of taupe and Chestnut foundation card.

To decorate the front I then stamped the sentiment, from my pierced tags clear Stamp set, in Coco archival ink before cutting this out and making this into a tag with some string. This was all framed around the smaller frame on the bottom left of the card to focus attention on the Centre Square.

Hopefully you can get a sense of what I did from the pictures as well as my description I love this technique of the sparkle texture paste on acetate as it really shows the difference in the colours and makes quite a subtle card yet one that pops.

Enjoy...

33 comments:

  1. Lovely card John ,enjoyed the shows ,what a lot of glitter was flying around on one of the shows,you were covered in it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A lovely card Thank you.
    I must get some masks.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John. Loved watching you use the paste and masks. My mojo is slowly returning so eventually I'll try out this technique.
    Thanks for answering my question I've got loads of ohp film that would do the job.

    Have a great day

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, I really want to get round to trying this technique, as the results are fabulous. Love the colours on this card, really subtle. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using masks I must admit I had to record a lot of the shows so just hoping I recorded the mask ones.
    I hope to watch them all this week.
    A great card though and one I will be trying to recreate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John. This looks a lovely technique. I saw your first mask show and was looking forward to seeing the techniques in the second as I guessed they might be things I hadn't tried. Imagine my disappointment when I found it hadn't recorded. Workshop please? ...
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, very pretty. Great background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for going through the technique again I must give this a go. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John
    Wow that is a great card. Shame about the mask not being available. I love it - will be looking for this mask as soon as it is for sale.
    Great weekend!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Wow this is a stunning card, shame you couldn't demo it over the weekend though.
    I will have to give this technique a try I haven't got many masks though. I will have to stock up on them, there you go tempting me again to get more craft stash (not that I need an excuse lol)
    Thanks for sharing this card with us.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    Great card, excellent for the men.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project, lovely subtle colors i love it all.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, John. I have actually done texture paste on acetate and it is so effective.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Such a beautiful card. The tag is particularly sweet.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, This card is absolutely stunning !! I will need to re-read your description so I can get the techniques into my head (senior thing hahaha !!).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, sorry late this morning, had quite a poor night sleep wise but am raring to go now. This card and the technique is awesome, I saw the use of the masks using the smooth paste and have seen Sue and Phill using the textured paste so I know how to use it, I have some and am waiting for my masks to arrive before I have a go, it really does sparkle, great products.

    I hope that you are OK after the mammoth weekend, I so enjoyed it but I hope you have got some rest to get over it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the effect of using texture paste and masks and will certainly use the method on acetate as you showed how easy it is. Lovely card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, a gorgeous card love the textured paste on acetate but don't do it a lot must do it more.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    A lovely card.
    Hope you have recovered for the weekend.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eh up John
    I remember this being flashed up as a sample as me and Mr Duck both said "Oooooooh" together as its like a picture you would pay a lot of money for in a posh shop.
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely, the colours are so subtle.
    Thank you John,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Stunning Card I'm Still Enjoying The Shows That I Taped I Watched The Shows Now Going Back Over Them It's Just Wonderful To Watch All Of Your Tremendous Demos Thanks For Sharing I Hope It Can Happen Again.
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Afternoon John,your card is stunning as always x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card John. Haven't tried the texture paste on acetate yet, but I love how it looks, must put in on my 'to try' list. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, this is really lovely. Have not yet tried using texture paste on acetate, but will really have to give it a try as it looks amazing.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    this card is really lovely, I think we only got the briefest of glimpses of it on the show. So glad it gets a proper airing!
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, certainly effective putting the paste on acetate. Something else to try, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card John, love the effect the pastes on acetate give this, beautiful.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, beautiful card I love it!!! Gorgeous colours!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow John that is one absolutely gorgeous card and I really love it.
    All I need now is some texture paste and some masks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely effect with the texture paste John. A really lovely card. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the subtle colours and the texture paste.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete