Saturday, 30 January 2016

Mondays child differently...

Happy Saturday,

Well I do like to mix things up a bit so this weeks something different is an MDF tag.  I did this piece for a workshop with Gloria and the lovely ladies of Diss.  I started by covering one of the CE MDF Tags in white crackle decoupage paper from Craft Consortium using Cosmic Shimmer Matt glue and seal.  I didn't seal over the top as with these papers you don't need to, if using other brands of Decoupage paper you may need to add a seal over the top so that the stamping and embossing has a surface to cling to.

Next I stamped the Mondays Child poem form my clear stamp set of the same name, onto the tag using perfect medium and heat set it using CS detail white embossing powder.  I then stamped the snowflakes and stars from my snowdrops set in black archival around the left hand side.  I added dots of cosmic white dimensional PVA on some of the snowflakes and stars to add texture.














Finally, I stamped the shaded camellia stamps and cut them out with the matching Sue Wilson dies.  I added these around the bottom right and rubbed pewter gilding wax over the sides and edges before adding a tie of white seam binding.

A little dark but in real life there is a soft white and silver shine, honest!

Ingredients:
Card Size: Tag
Colours: White, Black & Silver
Stamps: JL Mondays child & Snowdrop elements
Embossing:Detail white embossing powder
Inks: Perfect Medium, CS True White detail embossing powder
Embellishments: None


Enjoy...


For any of my stamp sets please Click HERE 


32 comments:

  1. Morning John, this is a gorgeous tag and really love these stamps.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, I saw you doing the papers and MDF on Hochanda and really enjoyed it, I have done some of this before and liked it, very therapeutic.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JOhn,
    Love this tag from your show on Hochanda. Nice to hear hoe it was made. Lovely tag for any gift.
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty tag John, but I'm not going into MDF! I've got enough stash.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John, I saw this on TV and loved it!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, What a fabulous tag this is !! I especially love the crackle paper you have used, so realistic.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is gorgeous I would love to see it in the flesh. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John ,love this tag it is stunning. I really like your stamps.Gloria (Sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    This is so beautiful, the embossed text looks as though it is stamped on glass, it really stands out.
    Thanks for all the great inspiration,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    A great tag, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Lovely, such a great idea.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, John, but like Jan MDF is something I don't do!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eh up John
    Truly lovely and stylish piece of decor.
    Looks terrific.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, lovely idea and its different, I like that. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, lovely idea and its different, I like that. Luv jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice idea love the crackle.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, this MDF project is fab, love the very vintage, monotone colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    I love this tag, it's great.
    I love all your stamps, having trouble where to store them now as I have pretty much most of them now lol.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, have not used MDF but will really have to have a try as this is a lovely tag.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to see something different. It is a lovely tag. Agree with the reluctance of some others to go down the MDF route, space being optimum amongst other reasons!!!! I can say from experience though using decoupage paper and different paints on MDF is great fun.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,

    Lovely project, would love to have a go at mdf, but haven't got the energy for card making at the minute but I'll get there one day I hope.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John. This is such a pretty tag and perfect for a cold wintery day like this morning, although it does seem to be brightening up this afternoon. It is nice to see that the PVA glue dots work on the decoupage papers as I have tried them on pearl and satin card before and they don't hold their shape and flatten out as they dry. There must be enough texture on the papers for them to hold on to. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John the tag is so very pretty and would make a wonderful keepsake gift.
    And the brilliant thing is that it doesn't sound as fiddly or difficult as it looks which is perfect for me lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello John

    The tag is beautiful and perfect for a February/March birthday.

    I know we are not having a proper winter ...........yet..........but this reminds me of a snowy winters day.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well my previous comments seems to have disappeared. Wonderful project John. But I think it would be way beyond my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like this idea John and I do like working with MDF. will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John

    Would look lovely on any mantlepiece, a great design :-)

    T x

    ReplyDelete