Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Lilac Grace...

Happy Tuesday,

Today I thought I would have another play with the Orange Blossom stamps to die for  this time using the larger stamp in the set as well!  Also I thought it might be an antidote to the Scarlet of yesterday which divided opinion.

I started by stamping the larger stamps twice each in lilac whisper colour cloud blending ink onto coconut white foundation card.  Next I cut these out with the matching dies, shaped the flowers and shaded them using the same ink and a smoothie.  I then cut the matching orange blossom leaves shaped these and shaded them in the same way.





Next I cut just the outer die and one of the filigree sections from the Grace frames and tags die.  I stamped Happy Birthday from my pierced flags sentiments set in the colour cloud and shaded around the frames with a smoothie and the ink left from inking the stamp.









To make the card I used a piece of acetate that I had covered in polar white sparkle texture paste through the wavy mask ( this takes a couple of hours to dry)  I mounted this being a frame cut with the double pierced squares set using three of the dies to emboss the farm then just the outer and inner dies to cut for the frame.  I saved this to match and foam mounted it over the textured window background.

Next I made a card bank ( yes an actual card blank) at 16cm x 13cm and cut an aperture in the front using the smallest of the pierced squares used for the frame.  I then foam mounted the frame element over this to create the window.



I placed the grace frame along the bottom just popping up from the window and arranged the flowers and foliage to complement this.

The base seemed a little plain so I embellished it with some 5mm stick on pearls.


Ingredients:
Card Size: 16cm x 13cm
Colours: Coconut White
Dies:Grace Tags and Frames, Orange Blossom Complete Flowers, Orange Blossom Leaves
Stamps: Orange Blossom Shaded stamps, JL Pierced Flag sentiments
Inks: Lilac Whisper Colour Cloud Blending Ink


Enjoy...

42 comments:

  1. A lovely card John, loving the stamp,shading and the frame .
    Take Care
    Elaine h X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A lovely card thank you.
    take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, oh I do like this one today, I love the wave effect in the background and the wonderful flowers, I am definitely going to try this one.........Now where did I put my 'wave' mask........I know it is here somewhere. hehe!!

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. like this card and just love tha background with the wavey stencil

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice card I love the layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, love your card, its brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, a fabulous card, still after that wavy mask, as it makes a fantastic background. Love the colours too. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, very pretty. Love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - this is so beautiful - love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love everything about it. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    I love this card and the colours you have chosen.
    I will give this a try when I get time later this week.
    Happy crafting
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John. Another beautiful card, particularly the flowers.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John, another stunner!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Truly inspiring!!!!!!
    Loved yesterdays colour and adore today's.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, Gorgeous !! I love how you have 'placed' your die-cuts at the bottom of this card, really effective !! I love, love, love, how you have done your frame, I really must give this technique a try.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    My first thought was that it was a window box of flowers. I love the shading on the flowers.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favourite mask! I have yet to try using it on acetate but, as I have I have a couple of birthday cards coming up, I think I will try this. I just hope I can get my cut n boss to not cut through the pierced dies when embossing the frame before cutting the inner and outer edges! You have convinced me that I need the stamps to go with the flower dies.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card John especially like the background love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John, a gorgeous card love this mask too.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    Lovely card. Great use of acetate. Love it!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, I love the flowers and the way that you have put everything together is so elegant.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I loved the scarlet one yesterday, but I love this one too. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, love the card and the way you have created the background with the mask and acetate.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card again John, looking forward to this weekend coming

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning John, I do so love that wavy mask I must buy it soon lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eh up John
    A vision of lilac loveliness.Marvellous from top to toe and the background is splendid...........I'd have a good home for it in May..........
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  28. How strange that some folk didn't like the red card yesterday. Must admit i like a pop of colour and especially when it is scarlet and fired brick is constantly used in my craftroom i even have distress glitter in the same colour so yesterdays card was a real winner for me. Now back to the gorgeousness that is todays card. Love the wavy mask on the acetate, and the half moon effect of the sentiment background, the blue and lilac colouring well as you can see, i love everything. It's one of those cards that looks simple but then engages your eyes for an age with all its components.......thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    A great card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    beautiful card, I love it.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, a lot or work gone into this one John, but nonetheless it is stunning, love the texture paste on the acetate idea....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely - I'm going to have to try this texture paste on acetate I know you prefer to answer questions by email but I may not be the only one on this one Does the smooth side of the acetate become the "front" or do you use the textured side? Did that make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty card today, so easy on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful, beautiful card John. It's wonderful
    I am still under the weather so cannot craft myself so that's very frustrating. Hoping everyone enjoys their own crafting.
    Wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello John

    Beautiful card and I love the Grace die, so will be having a try at something similar.

    Have not tried texture paste on acetate, but I love the look.............so will be giving this a try too.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice card John. Love the soft, muted colours. The flowers are a WOW too

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John
    Stunning card. I've seen that mask around quite a bit and admire it every time I see it. Another one for the wish list. Lol. Best wishes. Anne O.
    PS. I'm also interested in the answer to karenlotty's question.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John,

    Oh I love this card, the glitter paste on acetate is gorgeous. Can't believe you had mixed reviews from yesterday's card I thought the colour was lovely.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John

    Beautiful, love the way you used acetate on this. Just to say I have loved the other cards you posted recently too.

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Teamie. That wavy texture paste masking on acetate is very effective and looks awesome! Fabulous work as always!

    ReplyDelete