Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Keeping it simple...

Happy Wednesday,

I promised that this card, from my stamp release in December, Would have it's day on the blog and I thought today would be perfect. The reason is that I am busy preparing for the launch of the stamps to die for one day special on Hochanda which starts tomorrow night at 8 PM.


 I will be sharing samples, demos and techniques using some of my favourite Sue Wilson dies and stamps to die for. The launch is at 8 PM tomorrow night (Thursday) and continues throughout Friday.

Back to today and although this is a simple card I do feel that the rainbow of colours is really effective. I started by stamping the happy birthday tag from my pierced tag sentiments clear stamp set in black archival ink onto Coconut White foundation card. I then cut these out by hand around the stamped image, as you can see from the picture the stamp has shading dots all-around which add interest to the tag as well as giving them an antique look.  With the right shade of colour cloud these could be made to look old and distressed!

I then selected a rainbow of six colours of colour cloud blending Ink and gently shaded each of the tags, concentrating on getting a darker shade around each edge, fading to pale in the middle around the happy birthday. I punched a hole in each tag and arranged them in the following order along a piece of thing double sided satin ribbon in black, lilac whisper, clear the fresh grass, Lemon Moran, Baked Peach, and crimson kiss. I added to these to a piece of white card edged in black and taped the ends of the ribbon to each side.

 I then arranged each of the tax overlapping each other so that the colours went through all the colours of the rainbow. I finished with a hands tied bow on each end and added a further mat of white and black. I feel the card works best portrait style however it can be used landscape.

Back tomorrow with a sneak peak of the shows.

Ingredients:
Card Size: A5 (UK Size 14.5 x 21cm)
Colours: Coconut White, Black Foundation card
Dies:None!
Stamps: JL Pierced tags
Embossing: None
Cosmic Shimmer: Colour Cloud Blending ink- Crimson Kiss, Baked Peach, Lemon meringue, fresh grass, clear day, lilac whisper.

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you this is a brilliant card.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, that is a lovely card today, and the colour clouds really do compliment them beautifully. Looking forward to seeing you on Hochanda.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John, I like this it's so simple but very effective!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card its so simple yet very effective xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, I love this card is so different x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, this card is fabulous, love the idea of rainbow colours at the moment, to brighten up dull winter days. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I hope all the prep goes well. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning!! A brilliant card which could be used for many occasions if you changed the wording.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, A lovely and 'looks' quite easy card, I'm loving all the subtle colours.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John. This is certainly different and a good idea for male cards. Hochanda are certainly keeping you busy.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    I do like this card, it's perfect for a mans card as well.
    On first looking I thought you had used the tag dies to cut them out, but reading your instructions I discovered I was wrong.
    You are busy busy becoming a regular guest on Hochanda, you certainly looked comfortable on the take over last weekend.
    I must set my box to record your shows.
    Enjoy your preparations.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A great card for a man, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the colors,and a nice idea.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bright card. Really effective.

    Anne (Northampton))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, love the simplicity of this card and fab. colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A simple but very effective card. I agree this would make a great man"s card, also I think, a teenaged boy's card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a good idea and lovely and colourful. Can see me doing something similar. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    What a fantastic idea for a Happy Birthday card. So simple but so effective. I'll be recording your shows as usual. I also like how your listing what you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A CAS card maybe. Lovely colours
    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card. I remember admiring it when we saw you at Strikes, Ince Blundell in December. Gill. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    I remember seeing this card at your demo day at Lady Green, love the rainbow effect, I may have to record the shows.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    great idea and use of tags. Especially for recipients who like clean and simple.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning John such a neat idea and ideal for all adults and children alike. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the idea of repeating the die to make a simple but effective card.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card - will set recorder for shows tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. My first comment for your blog and I love your designs I have to say. I think this would make a great mans card.
    Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this card Have the tags .. Need to play me thinks! Will hopefully watch tomorrow's show and will definitely be recording

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John, what a fabby card, I love your design and the selection of super colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John what a great card, simple but so effective - love it.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    Simple idea but brilliant! Especially as no dies were used, just letting the stamps do the work.
    Looking forward to the shows.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    Wonderfully creative!!!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow this is brilliant John, might do my daughter's 18th card with something similar as I wanted something easy but striking, maybe I will edge with glitter. Thank you for the brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow so different from your normal card ,fab love it ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John. So enjoyed all the shows today. Have learnt a lot, thank you. Love this card. Agree with you it has a Regal look to it. Hope your cough is better soon. Hugs. Jan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John. So enjoyed all the shows today. Have learnt a lot, thank you. Love this card. Agree with you it has a Regal look to it. Hope your cough is better soon. Hugs. Jan. xx

    ReplyDelete