Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 24 January 2016

Creative Sunday...

Happy Sunady,


I had a fabulous day yesterday at the Newbury paper crafts show thanx especially to Wendy and Janyne for organising the show I hope all those in attendance enjoyed themselves as much as I did!

back to today and once again its time for my design team inspiration for the Creative Expressions design team.  Just a reminder but we are working this month with our own personal favourites from last years DT packs and I chose my fave die the Lisbon and colour Periwinkle !

I stated this by cutting a repeating background using the filigree section from the eternal rings triplet die. I demoed the technique for repeating a day like this on a Hochanda last week so hopefully you were able to catch this.  If not it is a simple technique to achieve you cut the first panel and then slide the die along so that the beginning of the panel fits into the last area cut in the die. You keep doing this until you have a panel as long as you want with all the interlocking circles .

I attached this using double sided adhesive sheet stuck to another piece of coconut white card and in the spaces, where the adhesive is exposed, I added Periwinkle polished silk glitter. This technique gives this beautiful glittery yet soft velvet feel background.  I then used PVA dimensional glue in Phil Martin's decadent denim to place pearl dots in the centre of each ring.
 Next I cut the filigree frame in coconut white card using the outside die (the filigree section) and the next die in the Lisbon set, in my calculation is die 1, 2 and three. I then cooked a frame using just dies one and three in more of the card stock covered with a double sided adhesive sheet.  I peeled off the backing and added the filigree frame over the top and again filled the exposed area with polished silver glitter.


I stamped the sentiment, from my Monday's child clear stamp set for creative expressions, in watering can archival Ink. I selected the Sunday's child tag who is Bonnie and Blythe according to the old poem, As I felt this was appropriate for a card to be published on a Sunday.

To finish the card I made up some of the camellias using Sue Wilsons camellia complete petal dies and added white PVA in the centre .  There is a thin double sided satin ribbon bow in silver which finishes off The design. To mount the card I ran double sided adhesive tape around a larger square and added more of the periwinkle polished silver glitter to balance.  A few layers of white and vintage silver and a 21 x 21 cm card is complete.

 If you would like to see what the rest of the team has come up with this months using their favourites from 2015's range of products then click HERE.

Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely card, I use these stamps alot.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a gorgeous card still love this striplet die.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John
    Another stunning card today, I love the background and did watch the show t see how you did it.
    I will give it a try later on today after our Sunday visit from our Grandsons & their parents. I dare not get my craft stuff out as they will want to help there would be one big mess if they did lol.
    Happy Sunday
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    what a beautiful card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love that striplet die set too. It was so nice meeting you yesterday and it was inspirational seeing you demo and seeing your cards in the flesh. Enjoy your day I expect that you have lots of prep to do. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Love this background - it is so useful for anyone. Love the periwinkle and the glitter edge.
    Have a good weekend!
    Anne M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I can see why you chose that die & the periwinkle colour card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John
    This is such a great technique, I saw the demo of it.
    Hope you are relaxing today after all your demoing.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your demo of this technique last week, it is very effective as the end product is beautiful.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great use of this striplet die, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, lovely card as always x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John lovely card though cooking your dies sounds a bit drastic! Have a good day love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    A lovely card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John, I so like todays card, beautiful, I am going to try the technique and yes I did see you doing the striplet die demo, so pleased about that.

    Also I bet you are dead chuffed that the workshops and demos yesterday went so well, I know I would be, but then they are watching a master at work.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    Lovely card as usual ,love the striplet dies .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John, love this technique!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great technique john, I wish we could watch hochanda shows back!!
    I did catch the end of the extending demo, I had forgotten about polished silk glitters, must get them out again!
    Thanks for tbge inspiration,
    Hugs
    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Your Card Is Truly Tremendous Your A True Inspiration.
    I Love Watching Yourself And The Team On Hochanda I Could Never Go Back To Watching Create And Craft I Prefer The Presenters On Hochanda They Seem Truly And Honestly Interested, In All Of What You All Do.
    Thank You For Sharing Such A Stunning Card I Truly Am Inspired.........
    Hugs From Sam xxx
    ✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello John

    Just loving this card...........favourite colours.........and great technique.

    I love the way you have achieved the background and the silk glitter is so subtle.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card and it was so good meeting you yesterday. Enjoyed your demos. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Lively lovely card today. Love the eternal rings due.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John lovely card, and a great striplet die, but I think the Filigree Frame gets a bit lost on this background.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    This is my kind of card...love it!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  24. Eh up John
    I would never have guessed this was glittered. It's a wonderful design and I bet its fabulously tactile with that lovely silky glitter.
    Predictive text again matey lol?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this card. I enjoyed all of your shows, perhaps more so that usual, as I already have a couple of the dies you used. I hope you're getting over your cold/cough Take care

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beauty. Must try using the striplets like this and think the glitter needs to go on my wish list. Just finished watching your shows - brilliant demos and tips, John. Thank you. AND I've bought the daffodil burst stamp as I so loved the gilding on acetate.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm having a go at commenting via IE instead of Firefox!!
    I love the blue and white -a very clean look!
    Janetannc

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,

    Amazing card.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete