Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 17 January 2016

Ce Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

well the gang get thrown out of Hochanda tonight at 8pm so today is the last chance to see us takeover the channel!  Today I will be working with a fabulous range of masks and this also coincides with todays DT inspiration for Creative Expressions design team how lucky is that?

I will be demoing lots of different techniques with masks such as todays sparkle texture paste on acetate so tune in at 2pm to see how this technique is achieved.  I have also prepped a couple of demo cards so as well as showing lots of different things to do with make I will still be trying to finish some cards.  I hacv come up with a new ( well to me anyway) technique using masks, acetate and texture paste so that should be fun hope it works!




Back to today's DT project and I made this especially s I have daffodils blooming o my kitchen windowsil ( in a planter of course) that I have grown from blue.  This card reminds me of the view out the window as the daffodils are blooming as the snow is falling!

I started by stamping the main element from my daffodil elements clear stamp set for Creative Expressions in perfect medium onto acetate.  I then heat embossed the image using cosmic Shimmer detail what embossing powder.  I then rubbed lemon meringue colour cloud over the top and rubbed off the excess so there is just a hint of yellow.











For the bakcground I spears polar white sparkle texture paste through the snowflake flurry mask onto acetate and arranged this behind the daffodils.  I placed this image behind a frame of coconut white foundation card made with the double pierced rectangles and added a strip and bow of ribbon before finally adding a tag stamped with my pierced tags clear stamp set  and the with love sentiment.

To see what other stunning inspiration the design team have come up with this week, or this month so far, click HERE.

Enjoy....

33 comments:

  1. Morning John, Brrr it is cold today, got a little flurry of snow, nothing much, so if you are out then take care. I am so looking forward to seeing the new techniques for the acetate, so see you at 2pm. Ihave been up since 3 this morning and have just been watching Lisa, Julia and Phill on their repeats. I am so pleased because yesterday all I kept getting was buffeting on my PC screen, I did email Hochanda and they were very good and come back to me straight away and said it was with the WEB and IT team, what service is that.

    You must all be knackered but for me personally I am thoroughly enjoying the programmes this weekend.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John
    Excellent card, some interesting techniques.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Enjoyed watching you put the box together yesterday. Have a good day today.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Another fabulous card, loving the shows, looking forward to today's offerings!
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John. What a lovely card. Your shows were excellent yesterday. I had a go at the technique you showed at 9am with die cutting and embossing - pleased with the result, so thanks. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing with masks.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the shows with all the tips, John. We've woken up to 2" of snow this morning so I'm not going anywhere!!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I have not used texture paste much I will be watching for inspiration. It seems like you are all having so much fun. Take care in the snow. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John, a gorgeous card you are right snowflakes and daffs together what next. Glad you are all having a good time.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, and we have snow hope it goes soon, have to go out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, this card is great. Looking forward todays shows. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John, lovely card today!!! Loving the shows!!!
    We've got snow too, so be careful out there!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card again John, looking forward to seeing you demo the Masks , we have snow too so staying put and crafting.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spending the day in the warm catching up on your shows. Looking forward to seeing your mask demoes. Hope the snow has gone so you all get back home safely tonight. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John, A gorgeous card, and I'm loving your shows.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    A lovely card, shows have been great.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eh up John
    Inspired use of the acetate matey. Its like you have built up layers of scenery.
    The shows have been super so far but I'm really looking forward to the mask ones.
    We've got snow so guessing you have so drive carefully if you were at home last night.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,

    Stunning card, really love this one. Take care

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love the scene from the window look.
    Looking forward to seeing you today on hochanda.
    Thanks for all the inspiration,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    Wow this card is gorgeous, I love the way you have used the acetate. I'm
    Hoping to watch your shows today, if not they are taping so I can watch them later.
    I'm hoping to see how you did this card.
    Snow here today as well our Grandsons have been out in our garden they love it. Wonderful to see them enjoying the snow, first time the youngest has been playing in it.
    Enjoy your last day of taking over Hichanda.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John very pretty design. Drive carefully, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow wow wow just love this card .... fantastic shows.

    crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello John

    Really loving the 'takeover' shows as they give loads of inspiration.

    Love this card and will be tuning in to find out how to do it. (Your instructions above are good, but nothing like seeing it done in the flesh!)

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have used yellow and I still think today's card is stunning. I have recently acquired some white sparkle texture paste so might try something like this once I have got back into crafting. I do plan to do the four striplet frame with colour cloud background that you have shown us so well.
    Enjoying all the shows, I have not bought anything despite some of the amazing prices (some are not so great) because I already have loads so don't want to buy more that will just gather dust. What I mean is that I need to carefully consider what I spend my money on. I was going to get the ink storage but I still have two birthday presents to come so scared to buy anything.
    Happy crafting everyone.
    Wishing good things to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a very effective card today John. At first glance I thought the daffodils along the bottom were a die cut until I read the description. I always forget that you can use acetate to stamp on. Thanks for sharing

    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John.
    love the card. Framed windows is so nice on
    a card and I like your view :)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a pretty card John, classy too!
    Enjoying the shows,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow John this is amazing what a great effect and such a fantastic card, Have seen some of the shows and they are really great.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous John Now this one does not hint at Christmas at all I am so lolling forward to your 1pm show because I need to get more out if the masks I already own as well as look at getting more!

    ReplyDelete