Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Seed Pearl Snowdrops...

Happy Tuesday,

how about another gentle card as an antidote to all the bright colours and lights of Christmas!

I stared by stamping the main element from the Snowdrops set in black archival ink onto coconut white card.  I swapped the sentiment to the Chill its your birthday as I thought it more appropriate for the icy topping I was putting on.  Next I cut out the stamped image using a circle die from Sue's first release . I then added a piece of double sided adhesive over the stamped image and cut it out by hand.  then I added microbeads that show the image through but give a look as if the image has been frozen.




Hopefully this picture will show what I mean lol.  I then cut three panels of coconut white card covered in double sided adhesive using one of the outline dies form the mini striplet dies.  I then covered each of these with microbes and inked over the top using cut and dry foam cover in flake and glitter glue.  This makes the microbeads receptive to being brushed over with pearlescent mica powder.  Once dry this alerts the translucency of the background giving an appearance of seed pearls.




I matted these on more white card and from mounted them onto a few layers of card.  I cut one of the Scandinavian borders and added antique white double sided ribbon ( the thin ribbon from the pack) over the centre and some white PVA dimensional glue at the junctions.  I added the circle over the top and a bow with a shaped camellia flower to hide the knot.

A few double pierced layers ( sorry they are my favourite base dies so seem to be popping up on everything!) and finished.

Hopefully a gentle birthday card for anyone born in the winter of spring?!?

Enjoy...

35 comments:

  1. Morning Jihn, a really beautiful gentle birthday card watched you demo this technique on Hochanda and meant to try it really must as it is amazing.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John. What a pretty card. The stamp is so delicate.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, what a beautiful charming card this is, so serine, I love it and yes I will try this out in the New Year, I have used the micro beads in the past similar to your sentiment on the round card but never done one by making it into the background i.e. seed bead effect - another one for my growing list of things to try ion the New Year.

    Now have you caught up with all your cards and Christmas preparations - have you been delving into the fridge for the wine......I hope so because you have worked so hard this past year your head must be spinning........or have you been at that wine again.......ha! ha!

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,

    Stunning card as your always are, so sorry I have not blogged for a while but I always look in n your wonderful creations. Love the effect you have done on this one so beautiful.
    May I wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John Thank you.
    a lovely card the Snowdrops are already out in my garden.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, very classy I lo've it!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, Loving the triptych and the very subtle colourway. I love it!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh up John
    Not the "microbes" again. I'm doing my best to stay away from them lol!
    Great effect with the beads. Guessing you could do it with a coating of Versamark instead of glue.
    Last day at work, thank goodness......exhausted.com!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, a lovely frosty card, the snowdrops stamp is gorgeous. Love the micro beads. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    I love this card, and so happy I have the stamp set, makes my fingers itch to have a go.
    Will have to wait, I'm babysitting my two Grandsons this morning, so I will have a go this afternoon.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, lovely card this morning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John once again a very classy card. Have a good day. Gloria (Sidcup ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John
    An elegant card, I enjoyed the demo of this card on Hochanda.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would love to receive this card on my birthday!
    Stunning
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. As you say John, a gentle, but very classy card. I go away tomorrow and will be missing for a few days so can I take this opportunity to wish you and all your followers a very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    A gorgeous card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these panel cards, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning John a very restful card beautiful love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, delicate card - matching my mood! Just had an op and feeling blue! Your card has cheered me up and all your lovely blogs
    Love Till Lady aka Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello John

    What a beautiful winter birthday card. Love the sentiment.

    Look forward to more inspiration from you this holiday!

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    lovely card even though I'm sure you didn't cover it with microbes LOL. Not sure what you did to the microbeads , will have to go back and fathom it out - it's very effective.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    An incredibly beautiful card, I simply adore your snowdrop stamp.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah, the microbes make a welcome return appearance to make a lovely card. I like the idea of using the flake and glitter glue with the mica powder to change the colour.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Absolutely stunning card, love the tone on tone look.
    Thanks for sharing

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing your idea and technqiue of applying mica to the microbeads. I never would have thought of this. Lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card and who would have thought adding mica powder to micro beads would give such a beautiful effect. You always amaze me with these new techniques you come up with. I really love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John such a pretty card, quiet and peaceful. Love the idea of adding Mica powder to the Micro beads, will have to give it a try. Thank-you for sharing
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the mica with the micro beads John - great idea! Such a pretty card, I love the snowdrop stamp. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John this is a gorgeous card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete