Monday, 14 December 2015

Blue Roses?...

Happy Monday,

I hope some of you managed to catch Sue's shows on Hochanda over the weekend!  I was only able to catch the Friday night show and my record failed on my you view box so can't catch up!

I know the bundle contained the Zoe die and the roses I have used on this card as well as the Corvus mini triplet so I thought you might like a card that I made using these three!

I stared by cutting 2 of the pierced rectangles one in coconut white and one in cobalt blue so that I had 2 pieces the exact same size.  Next I cut the Corvus triplet die, with the bottom cutting edge in pace, across the bottom of the cobalt piece.  Next I cut the outline die form the Zoe die set for the centre top of the cobalt piece.  I also cut the filigree section out form the die cut piece as well


Next I cut the filigree section from the centre of the white piece making sure that the piece was cut at the same level of the cobalt die cut.  I placed the die cut back into the piece and stuck it down to the layer of white I placed underneath.  I then cut the blue filigree piece done the centre and foam mounted it, overlapping the 2 pieces to make them smaller, above the white piece.  I then cut the centre panel from the die in white and added the filigree centre panel in the cobalt on top before foam mounting this onto the card.  I had the overlap with a large stick on pearl and decorated the centre piece with smaller pearls.


I then made a spray of roses by cutting the outline pieces of the rose set in coconut white that I had covered with double sided adhesive.  I then added cobalt blue pieces cut with the outline and the detail of the rises and foliage.  I added diamond snow over the exposed adhesive  and arranged these over a strip of ribbon I added to the front of the card.

A couple of stick pins and some heavy pearlage (new word I think) to the front to finish.  Hopefully an elegant card for any occasion and I have given those of you who indulged in the One Day Special a few ideas!

Enjoy...








37 comments:

  1. Love this deep blue ,very striking card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Just WOW WOW WOW. so lovely thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your work ,your card is beautiful.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, love this card, the blue card is stunning. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the colours and the dies are amazing. Sue was fantastic her shows were amazing. I hope you had a bit of a rest yesterday. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card & love the striking colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. A striking card John. Love the colours.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card, John. I love what you've done with the Zoe die.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)


    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, wow love today's card, I love the colours but also like the way you have done the cutting out. I also had a thought about getting the white die cut in the back ground to be in the correct position.......correct me if I am wrong and I will try this myself and also see if I can explain what I mean........so cut out the white and cobalt using the pierced rectangles dies, cut out the cobalt Zoe filigree section and the white, as well as the corvus striplet, then temporarily fit the cobalt on top of the white in the pierced sections (they pop in and out easily) and you then have the perfect alignment to position the white filigree cut out............... as I said I will try it and see if it works. And now I can stop waffling............. I also love the roses and lucky enough bought that die, it really does look stunning in the cobalt, I can't see if you put some iced snow in the petals or not, might try that too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, Truly beautiful !! I love everything about this card.
    I haven't had chance to watch my recordings of Sue's shows yet, what a shame your recording didn't work, isn't that terrible when it happens, I know, because it has happened to me on more than one occasion.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Another stunning card, I think the blue is too dark for me though.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John. Great card but not sure about coblat blue I may try it with the periwnkle. Thanks . Gloria (sidcup) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, such a vibrant card, Beautiful
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card John, so versatile with die shapes, rose die is now going to the top of my list. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour and beautiful card

    Crafty hugs pen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, very opulent.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John. Great card and I love the blue. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow John, another stunner, so vibrant in the cobalt blue!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pearlage !!!!! Great card John, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the colours of this one. The flat rose dies are ideal for giving texture whilst keeping the card flat for postage. Well they are if one doesn't use mounting foam and a lot of ribbon. Lovely card.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Quite exquisite! Adore the use of the pearls it definitely adds a touch of opulence.
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this color combination, its lovely. I would love to receive a card like this fantastic.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That's a really dramatic card. I love the dark blue. Sue's shows were great. A shame that you missed out John.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card John. Love those dies and the way you've used them. Such a shame you can catch up on Sat. shows but you may know Sue's sample cards anyway.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,

    Love this card, those pearls look fab next to the blue.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John

    This card is WOW !!!! Beautiful, yes i watched and recorded all Sue's shows they were fab as always. the colours here simply stunning. I really love this rose die.

    Crafty Regards

    Julie Kay xxx

    P.S. Enjoy your break xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, I love the cobalt blue it's such a lovely rich colour.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  29. Blue roses, why not? Makes a stunning card. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John another beautiful card, Didn't really like the Rose Die, but have changed my mind since seeing you and Sue use it, and it is now on my wish list.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Superb and I love the colour you have chosen - cobalt blue being one of my indulgences from AP!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card again today, love the bold colour and love all the dies you have used
    especially along the bottom.
    Love it as usual, all of your cards are beautiful and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eh up John
    I love the cobalt and white combo. Full of drama, yet still elegant (bit like moi lol!).
    See, I knew "pearlage" would take off if I said it enough hahaha!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card today John. Also like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  35. A strong blue floral card and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So so beautiful John. It quite took my breath away!


    ReplyDelete