Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 23 November 2015

Something Brighter!...

Happy Monday,

I had a fab day yesterday in Darlington with Frankie , Robyn and the ladies at Frankie's Craft, Coffee and Chat thank you all for a great day and lunch! lol

Back to today and I thought id show one of the samples that displays one of the dies I will be demonstrating on Hochanda tomorrow for the launch of the One Day Special at 8pm.  I used a selection of dies form the release which I have been showcasing for the last few weeks,  Tomorrow is the last One Day special for the September release of dies and there are some beautiful dies in there epically the delicate Garden frame which I used to make the flowers and butterfly on this card.

I stared this by cutting the heraldic square form sky blue card I then mounted this onto a pierced square of coconut white foundation card.  I then cut out the centre aperture using the square outline die from the set and added a thin border of the blue..


I added acetate behind this and made the section into a shaker card by adding foam tape and a piece I had stamped the louts inner stamp to die for onto using the indigo mist colour cloud blending ink.  I poured in grape mica flakes which, because of their big size, make a beautiful shaker card.

I added one of the white pierced squares and another line of the blue before adding the piece to a Bokah background I made from Lilac Whisper and Indigo mist colour cloud blending ink.

Next I cut one of the delicate frames and cut this into four to make corners just to offset the busy look of the background.  I added these in each corner to frame the frame as it were.

Finally i cut a piece of scrap form making the background and cut flowers using the small flower die that also comes in the set, along with the side facing butterfly.  I arranged these along the left hand side to create a focus.

I will be demonstrating this die along with the butterfly triplet and others from the range tomorrow and Wednesday on Hochanda.  Miss Julia Watts is on Hochanda today at 11am, 2pm and 5pm with some stunning Justrite stamps and she will be sharing her fabulous tips and experience, tune in if you can I know I will be (to see what tips I can nick lol)

Enjoy...

39 comments:

  1. stunning card John love these colour shades together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card John love the colours.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    A very pretty card , Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card John, looking forward to catching yours and Julia's shows!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John. A lovely card again which I look forward to seeing you demo. Busy week with you and Julia on Hochanda.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, this card is different, but lovely nonetheless. Glad you had a great day yesterday. Looking forward to lots of inspiration this week. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Unusual but very nice card today and can't wait to see you back on telly. Am recording you and Julia for later.
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design and the dies are gorgeous. I will watching Julia today and looking forward to your shows tomorrow. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, very different to your usual style.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card John, loving those tiny flowers .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, a lovely shaker card today, I love the heraldic die it is so pretty. I wonder what the 'louts inner stamp to die for' is, you do make me laugh. Yes I will be watching Julia today and you tomorrow, I will have square eyes at this rate, haha.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing your shows this week. Love the way you've made this shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Striking card John! Love that it's a shaker card with mica flakes. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eh up John
    Pretty card. I guess this is one of those that has to been seen in reality to appreciate the shaker element as I did think it was a strange pattern in the middle until I read what you'd done lol!
    I'd stamp those "louts" too. It's what they deserve lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, I'm loving the 'Bokeh' background, it's a technique that I never tire of seeing, I love this colour combo. I was amazed when I saw the 'mica' pattern in the shaker element, like Ang above, I think this needs to be 'seen' in person.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    A lovely card, I really like the colours and the dinky little flowers. I'll be recording and/or watching both you and Julia.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, adore the colours

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely shaker card John. Looking forward to watching how it is made.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    What a fabbie way to use the heraldic die, very creative!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure about the shaker card element of this but my immediate thought was what a great card to display a photo.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,

    Such a beautiful card, love the dies used.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Wonderful card today and I love these dies as well.
    Must make sure I program my HD box to record your shows.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Abit different John, but gorgeous.. Talk soon, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, love the card, not keen on the shaker bits colours, too dark from my picture. X Ro

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, love it.
    Love Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI John, a pretty card, but not to sure about the Shaker Element, perhaps its a bit dark, but other than that lovely.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    Lovely card, I like the shaker idea.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have got to get this Heraldic Square die, have seen so many beautiful cards made with it and this is no exception, it is beautiful John.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello John

    What a lovely card and a shaker too!

    The small flowers are beautiful and really finish off the card.

    Look forward to seeing you on Hochanda.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another Beauty, lovely dies and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,

    Lovely card, I love the colours you've used.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, amazing card. Love the colours used and the die (one of my favourites....never have guessed! lol!). Great shaker card and the colours used, the more you look at it, the more it grows on you xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Never tried a shaker card, but I shall now. Beautiful card, love the colours and oh, those dies. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,
    Love the card, might try this one out one day
    Take care, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Like the card today John. Just my colours.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card John an really pretty die. Looking forward to the shows.Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete