Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Enamelled?...

Happy Tuesday.

I thought I would share this card I made on Hochanda on my last One Day Special as I love this technique so much.  Its a lot easier than it looks ( hopefully you were able to catch the show) if not t here's the details.

I sated by cutting the Vela Gemini die with one of the outside edges as well twice form coconut white foundation card.  I then cut one strip with just the outline die to amok bank mat for the back.  Using spray glue I added these 2 dies cuts onto the top of the mat to make a piece with the design in deep relief.

Next I piped in the dimensional PVA pearl glue to the appropriate spaces.  I used deep rose for the flowers, spring green for the leaves,  and cosmic pearl ( which has a mother of pearl finish) for all the other areas.  Whilst I was careful with the colours I wasn't too careful with the lines as its difficult not to go over if you are sausage fingered like me!

I left this to dray for an hour then I cut the larger piece as an oblong and cut the filigree and one side outline die form the top.  I glued this over the piece I have made which covered any areas I had gone over the lines and made it look like I had enamelled in the design.

To make the main element I cut the heraldic square die using the outline and the centre piece form coconut white.  I cut another of the centre filigree pieces however this time I added the outline die so that I got a detailed square.  Next I cut this square into the centre on each of the 4 sides leaving the piece attached at the centre, this creates the flower like petals from the square.


I attached the first piece to the oblong and using an Adirondack pen i drew in some of the pattern to give the front some pop.  I then attached the flower piece and added flower snipped form one of the CE pearl Corners which I had coloured with the same permanent pen.  Finally i added the piece to a couple of layers cut with the double pierced rectangles set.  To get the matching line I left the piece in the die and drew around the inside of the die using the same pen so that all layers had the splash of colour.

I will be back on Hochanda with the next set of the current range of Dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions on Wednesday night at 8pm then on Thursday at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm.  I hope you get chance to tune in for more techniques and new dies!

Enjoy...

45 comments:

  1. Morning John, this is a beautiful card just what we need to cheer us up on a wet and windy morning.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John such a pretty card Thank you.
    Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John
    what a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, I was lucky enough to see you do this on Hochanda and thought how lovely it looked, I am going to have a go when I get a minute, you can do this technique with any of the dies can't you, I will have to get my inspirational hat out of mothballs and have a go.

    I hope you have rested a bit from your hectic few days at NEC and Blackpool, I will be watching the shows this week too.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, John. Lots of different techniques here. Thanks for the ideas.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    This card is stunning, I absolutely love it.
    I will have to give this a try when I get some time.
    Thanks for the inspiration you give us.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    I love this card. My try at the filling in went horribly wrong at the weekend but will try again. Love it!
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a stunning card it is so eye-catching. I did miss the show where you demoed this card so it is good to have a run down of the techniques you used. I will have to give this technique a try. There is so much I want to try and there is just not enough time. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card John! The 'enamelling' looks wonderful. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    What a Bobby dazzler! Absolutely superb! It does, indeed, look enamelled.
    Think your predictive text slipped into Vietnamese lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, really stunning.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John, Loving this technique, looks like a stained glass window, I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't see the show, but what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the technique with the PVA, John. Will have to try it.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful I must try this technique Right I've set everything up to record Just hope it all works!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John, saw the show when you did this!!! Wowza : )
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    Wow, Wow and Wow is all I can say, simply stunning. Will have to read these instructions again to see if I can get my head round them. I tried to record the shows but once again some of these didn't record. Must be where Hochanda changes the title so the recorders don't recognise it. I've had quite a few of these in the past. Very frustrating. Especially when you made such stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    I don't know how you do it!! Every morning I sit agog at your blog!!
    This card is amazing!!!!!!!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow John, wow, wow, wow. Absolutely stunning card. You've done such interesting things on the card that make a beautiful whole. That card must have been on the show I missed when my recorder got gremlins.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty John and so many techniques love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card, I love the way that you have used the pva glues.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John,
    A very pretty card, looking forward to your shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. Haven't watched you make this card yet. Still have some shows recorded. Must try and catch up before the next wave tomorrow evening. Smashing. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, what a gorgeous card, beautiful dies nd the splash of colour is so effective, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    beautiful card, love the technique with the PVA glue, saw Sue do this also. Beauty is one doesn't have to be too careful because of the die cut which goes on top.
    Colours are lovely.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, I missed this one, got all your shows from now on set to record.
    Lovely card, so elegant, but what is the glue gun tecnique mentioned by Rose in her message

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John beautiful card, saw you demo this on Hochanda, so it great to have the instructions to refer to at a later date
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, this is gorgeous, so gorgeous. Missed it on Hochanda :( I really love the Heraldic Square and I love what you have done with it with the pen. Gorgeous John.....mmmmmmm, did I not mention that? Lol! "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, Wow this is so so stunning I just love it.
    Love the enamelled look it just makes it stand out.
    And love the way you have done the heraldic square, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, this card is beautiful, such a great technique, must give it a try when I get more colours. Take care. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a brilliant technique John, so very clever. The card is stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,

    Wow!! I love this, haven't caught up on the shows yet I'm hoping I have the show were you did this recorded it's so beautiful.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card John!

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great card and just love the idea of the stain glass windows.

    Happy days Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John,
    Gorgeous absolutely gorgeous. Love the stained glass effect. Beautiful!
    Love Janet X
    From Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a beautiful card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful card, love it.

    ReplyDelete