Saturday, 21 November 2015

Baby Pink, me...

Happy Saturday,

Im demoing at the Strikes Garden centre in Congleton today it would be great if you could pop in and say Hi, especially as I know so many of you are deep in prep for Christmas!

I know its not my usual colour but all the elements seemed to come together in this card, using the new dies and matching stamps to die for, in baby pink!  I just love the clean crisp yet soft way this harmonises, what do you think are you a pink person?


I started by stamping the brand new tumbling leaves stamp to die for onto coconut white foundation card.  I then coloured the image in using distress markers, worn lipstick and mowed lawn if my memory serves me right!



I then cut the aperture in the centre using the matching die form the ornate oval - my fried set.  I also cut the lovely sentiment that comes in the set and shaded through the die using pretty in pink colour cloud blending ink.  Whilst I had the ink out I colluder a piece of white seem binding using the ink and a smoothie by dragging the ribbon between the top of the felt in the pot and the base of a smoothie.  If you drag the seem binding or ribbon slowly you get a solid colour in difference form the ombre look you get by pilling it quickly.

I threaded the ribbon through the circle fixing it on the back so that it goes over and under the aperture ( this is better illustrated in the pictures!)  I then  adhered a piece of acetate behind the aperture and attached the sentiment to that so that it appears to be floating.

Next I took a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and aded it to another layer of coconut white foundation card.  I the  covered this in marshmallow mica flakes which in real life add a level of depth and subtle sparkle to the card.

To finish I added a few layers of the white and baby pink with a couple of stands of the cream jute twine for balance across the back layers.  I made up a bow using the coloured ribbon and jute and added this at the bottom.  I finished with one of my all time favourite CE embellishments the larger Pearl embellishment which I have on my shows next week as these will always be a stable of my crafting.

I hope you have enjoyed this journey into Pink, another new stamp to die for tomorrow when I shall be in Darlington for a workshop.

Enjoy...

48 comments:

  1. Morning John, a delightful card this morning and I do like pink one of my daughters is a really pink girl she has her kitchen done in pink and she used to have a pink mini so anything pink she loves so this would be a great card for her. Good luck at you'r demos over the weekend enjoy.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Pretty in pink Thank you.
    Take care it is snowing here in Northants Brrr.
    Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pink card, I like and use most colours except orange I do use orange but find it a hard colour to work with

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning John, lovely card John, baby it's cold outside!!! But you warm the cockles of my heart : ) very nice in pink!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see such a pretty card to cheer me up - it's been snowing here this morning and I hate it! Seriously though, that really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card John! It blowing a gale outside here. I'll be staying indoors with the heating on making Christmas cards today. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, such a pretty card today, the sentiment die looks so lovely on the front with the beautiful stamp around the outside, and the baby pink colours are just right, your so clever.

    Sorry I can't get to see you in action today but I know you and everyone attending with have a great time.

    Stay safe, healthy, warm and happy, hugs, June smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, really pretty. Not usually a "pink person " but this looks great.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John so miserable outside today but this is a very cheery card. Like this new stamp and the pink works so well with your design. Take care on your travels love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a stunning card. I do like the colours you have used and the stamps and dies are gorgeous. You are always so busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to look twice when I saw this on your blog, not your usual colour at all but very pretty, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, this card is very pretty, love the colours you have used. Have a great day with the demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty stamp on a gorgeous card. Have a good day in Congleton.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    A very pretty card today, I love the stamp must see if I can get it.
    Enjoy your demos today.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty, John. Have a good day.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, I like the new you crafting in pink.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic pink John..love it!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not a colour I expected to see from you but it is beautiful all the same.

    Have a great day today.

    ps received a package this morning from up the road. Thank you.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh up John
    I too scrolled past on my reading list looking for the "John" card lol!
    Hey, its good to surprise us lol!
    Its a terrific card and I love the naivety of the colouring.......its just a lovely riot of colour rather than too prissy.
    Enjoy your demo day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, nice and colourful!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John , pretty card. Would have it in another colour myself
    but the stamp is so pretty.
    Have a good day demo .at the garden centre.
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Really pretty today! Not what I think of you with Baby Pink but it works so well. Sometimes cards just become .............
    Well done you!
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that is a pretty card today...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that is a pretty card today...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello John

    Today's card is lovely and such an unusual colour for you!

    The new stamp is gorgeous and looks like it requires no perfect colouring techniques ............so would be good to batch make.

    Look forward to more new stamps tomorrow.

    Lol Barbara W xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    This is a colour we don't see on your cards very often, very refreshing change. Would make a really lovely one for a baby girl, with a few butterflies and gems, and the bow supplemented with one made with very narrow ribbon.
    Hope you'll get a "full shop" in Congleton.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree, the stamp is gorgeous though I'm sure my colouring-in would leave a bit to be desired. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card John, I'm a pink person!
    Love Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. A lovely card John I don't think it too pink the balance is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    A lovely card and not too pink!!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    Pretty pink card, the new stamp is lovely and I do like colouring in.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, I love this card and the pink is so pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, this is such a pretty card. and I think I could become a pink person
    Lovely.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,

    Beautiful card, I love the colour.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card John and I love the stamp and the colours that you've used. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John, such a beautiful card. I love the pink and the marshmallow mica flakes sound almost yummy! It really is beautiful John x Sorry about Congleton! But I'm looking forward to going to the Kings hall in Stoke where the Christmas Fayre is being held. I have never been one before so I'm quite excited! "Thank you!" xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love pink and I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this card and although not big on pink I do love this baby pink.
    I think it just pretty and subtle.
    Really love the stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful John, love it all

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Just my colour. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John, very pretty card love the stamping, I think this is the die an stamp that I spoke to you about so was nice to see it in use. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful colours, John,
    Love the stamps and dies too.
    Many thanks,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh yes, I'm definitely a pink person. Pink and peach :) And this is a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete