Monday, 14 September 2015

Stamped to Die For...

Happy Monday,

I hope you all were able to see the new die launch over at Sue Wilson's particraft blog last week, I can't wait to have a play!  I designed a few stamps to die for for this range and thought I would show you some of these over the next few days!

I stared with one of the four newt sets that match with the finishing touches classic Vase die.  This die is fab as it works like the configurations and you get the insert as well as the outline meaning that the possibilities are endless.  Here I tied it, as a vase, with the new Peony Bouquet stamp to die for.  This stamp is designed to fit within the die cut vase perfectly with all the stems drawn to fit as if the vase was holding the bouquet!

The stamp does, however, have all the stems to the bottom so it can be used as just a bouquet of flowers.  There is also a sentiment included in each set and these are separate so that they can be mixed and matched.

For the peonies in todays card I stamped the image ( which come remounted and cut for you) onto coconut white foundation card with jet black archival ink.  Next, using distress markers, I coloured around each flower and leave then using a water brush I pulled the colour into the main body of each flower.  I went back over the leaves with shabby shutters distress marker to give some real definition to them.  Next I cut them out by hand (fussy cutting) and foam mounted the vase over them to give some depth.  I foam mounted the whole piece on a square of wisteria foundation card which I cut with the new Noble double pierced square set which leaves a lovely pierced and embossed edge around the square..


To decorate the square I cut one of the new delicate garden frames in coconut white and then cut it into four corner sections.  These I flat mounted  around the square which highlights the stamp and vase design as well as the piercing form the square.

I edged the square with a mat of coconut white and added 2 of the new charming lace trim from the configurations range.  I glued 2 of these along the top and bottom, cut again in the coconut white, to focus the card and balance the delicate garden frame.  I added appears in the centre to give a full stop to the image and stop me adding more lol.

I made up the reminder of the card using a larger square, again cut with the double pierced noble set which I then embossed with the pinpoint checkerboard embossing folder.  I added a couple of strips of wide satin ribbon form the silver pack from Creative Expressions I used the thinner ribbon for a messy bow and placed this on the corner of the main square.  A couple of layers of the coconut white and wisteria, again cut with the noble set, to finish and a classic card is complete.









Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Noble double pierced squares
delicate garden frame
classic vase
charming lace trim
Stamp to die for Peony Bouquet
CE Pinpoint checkerboard embossing folder
Wisteria & coconut white foundation card
Distress markers
Silver double sided satin ribbon pack.

Enjoy...

51 comments:

  1. Morning John, yes I saw Sue all day yesterday, she did a fantastic job (as you did) and gave you lots of credit for your stamps and things that you had taught her, it was wonderful to see and I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

    Today's card is beautiful I love the vase but the stamps really do set the seal on it, fantastic, your a genius.

    Enjoy Monday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, This card is so pretty, what an amazing set of stamps you have designed. They look as though they are going to be so versatile. Take care and well done. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    A beautiful card Thank you, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a very pretty card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card John. Love the stamped image ,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, I am still unable to watch hochanda, but I have had an email from them saying virgin media is in the pipeline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John, this card is gorgeous, love the bouquet, beautiful colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so pretty and realistic.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card John, and really lovely colours. The stamp is amazing but I don't think I'd have the patience to cut it out! Wonderful idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Great idea to make the stamp able to fit in the vase and such lovely flowers too. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, so full of detail-really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John this is a stunning card the colours are beautiful the stamps go so well with the stunning vase. The whole effect is very pleasing to the eye. I hope you have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, Love it !! Love it !! Love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card, John. It looks like Wedgwood!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John ,another stunning card I simply adore the colour combination you have chosen. Love it. Gloria (Sidcup)xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Very decadent! It does indeed look like Wedgwood!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, a stunning card! You're a fabulous artist ,
    Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful delicate card I love everything about it I'm really "getting" your matting and layering technique (I keep looking for it now lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow John I must admit the die didn't look much until I saw the stamps, I should have guessed you had designed the stamps they are fab.
    Well it's not a case of I want these it's s case of I need them all lol.
    Nothing new for me. Will I ever catch up with you and Sue
    I was hoping to do some crafting today but am babysitting this morning for my youngest Grandson and then this afternoon with my youngest Granddaughter they are a bit little for crafting yet.
    The other 3 love crafting so I reckon these two will also. So this evening I will try and get my crafting stuff out. I've not yet used my poinsettia stamp.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh John what a fabulous card, love the colour combination and the way you have used the Garden Frame Die is lovely. What can I say about the stamps, except that they are beautiful and a must have.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    What a lovely card. I have looked at your stamps but I am not good at stamping - they are lovely. Especially the bunches of flowers.
    Anne M xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Really pretty card, I love the stamp for the flowers. You are very talented. Thanks for all the great inspiration and designs,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  24. Of course I like this card as it's my favourite colour. Nice stamp and I'm looking forward to seeing more. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    Beautiful card today, really pretty. Love the stamp, but I'm afraid I am hopeless at painting.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    beautiful card - I love the dies, they are so versatile (and your placing of them is just wonderful).
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card John. Love the colors too.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  28. This vase die is growing on my, love how you have used it here...a beautiful card John...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John what a beautiful card and the colours and your design is wonderful.
    I love it.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}


    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    Very pretty indeed mon petit pois!
    Couldn't see the "newt" but maybe you had drunk like one before you typed your post hahaha! Or maybe it's that small its mi-newt............Ok, I'm going now.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another beautiful card. Thank you Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such an elegant card today. Love EVERYTHING about it! Do more like this please.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW what an absolutely gorgeous card.. The colours you have used almost make it look like parchment. Really beautiful . Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW what an absolutely gorgeous card. The colours you have used almost makes it look like parchment. Really beautiful. Loraine Jefferis xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card John, love the colours and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John, wow! What a stunning card! Love the bouquet and how you have coloured it in. Great too that you can cut the stems to fit in the vase. The Delicate Garden Frame and the Configuration die are gorgeous. I just how you can cut one large die and able to cut around it to make corners and sometimes even borders. Gorgeous, "Thank you" John xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Absolutely love this card John, the bouquet is fabulous. The corners look really pretty and I think the vase die is a must have - really useful. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John

    You've used these dies beautifully, a lovely card.

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card love the new dies and your stamps.
    Must have a rummage at AP for some, take care
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi John, gorgeous card love the dies an the stamps are great. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John, that is one very gorgeous card, just love the vase and the stamped flowers are so pretty and they go so well together.
    Love the colour too

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely card and good job on the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello John, I love your stunning card, beautiful colour theme too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi John.

    Beautiful Card. Very Wedgewoodesk, lovely stamps, dies and colour. Thanks for sharing.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete