Friday, 11 September 2015

Friday Already?,,,

Happy Friday,

I can't believe it's Friday again so quickly!  I hope you've all had a great week I've been up and down the country this week and had a great time workshopping and demoing Ive met some lovely people and want to say Hi to all the ladies in Fleetwood that I spent the last 2 days with.  I mention this because the first ladies I met yesterday wanted to know all about the Cosmic Shimmer Colour cloud blending inks, something I hadn't prepped but always have with me.  Luckily we came up with this card between us to show the different techniques you can do with this ink and I said I would give a list of the 12 colours I carry as my basic kit so hat list is at the end of this post.

I started by making a Bokah background using lilac whisper and indigo mist colour cloud and a smoothie on a piece of A5 card.  Next I ran along the edge with the indigo mist (again with the smoothie) and blended over the background using the Lilac Whisper that was left on my smoothie.

Next step was stamping, I inked up my shaded poinsettia stamp using Indigo mist and the smoothie and stamped this on the back of the background piece.  Next I cut these out using the matching classic poinsettia die from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  To make up the poinsettia i shaded around the leaves using the indigo mist (again with what was left on the smoothie) and made up the poinsettia by pinching each leaf or petal and sticking the 3 sizes together in the centre.

The next step was to add a piece of coconut white card to the reverse covered in double sided adhesive sheet and added diamond snow over the poinsettias that are revealed where they were cut.  I added a small gold dazzler in the centre of each poinsettia cut and shaded over the diamond snow, again using what was left on the smoothie.

I coloured some white double sided satin ribbon with the lilac whisper colour cloud and ran a strip across the bottom.  I coloured some of the thinner ribbon in the pack and tied a few strips onto the larger ribbon strip and placed the made up poinsettia over the knot.

A few mats and layers and the card was finished however I love the fact that everything on the front is made from one sheet of A5 coconut card stock even the poinsettia.

Another Colour Cloud card tomorrow using different techniques!

Colour Cloud Kit
set 1 - Turquoise Pool, Fresh Grass & Basil Leaf
set 2 - Lemon Merinque, Barely Nude & Natural Rosewood
set 3 - Clear day, Ocean blue & Indigo Mist
Set 4 - Crimson kiss, Pretty in Pink & Lilac whisper

Enjoy...

36 comments:

  1. Very pretty card John. ...great effect
    Luv Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour for the main poinsettia with a pretty background. What a lovely overall effect.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a very pretty card and I love this technique.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design! Loving the colours and the textured effect :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, a really lovely card today, great effects and beautiful colours. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John, very nice lovely colours!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card & a brilliant way to use the poinsettia dies-they look so different.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card John with a very different look ,i love it !
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, I'm so pleased your showing these blending inks as I've just ordered some and its good to see some examples as how to use them. Love how you've coloured the poinsetties.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    This card is lovely and different, I watched you making this background and it is very effective.
    What started as a very bad day for me yesterday ended very good my pre ordered new Sue Wilson dies and stamps came in, so even though I couldn't fetch them my sister did for me, especially happy as I finally got a poinsettia stamp set to go with the dies. Not sure if it's the exact one, but it's a set. I can have a go on the vellum.
    Did you do a detailed demo for your blog for the gingerbread wreath? I don't know about others but I could do with one. Especially as I've ordered everything for it, well I think I have. Also a full list of everything You used to make sure I have it all. Don't want to upset my Granddaughters in Norfolk and arrive with stuff missing.
    Thanks in advance.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning all
    What a great technique love the colours used they work so well together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John I obviously need to practice this Bokah to get as good as you. Very nice card love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card today! I've not heard or seen the Bokah technique, I'll have to investigate that, but your background looks wonderful and the cut out poinsettia looks great. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    I haven't tried this technique although a very kind lady at CE sent me the instructions after I saw a card made with this technique on their website. Thanks though fir the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John
    I have never heard of Bokah technique this card is stunning - will have to check it out
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    A beautiful card and the poinsettias actually look like clematis when coloured like this. The colour cloud blending inks are on my wishlist, which seems to be getting longer all the time!
    Thanks for all the inspiration,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    A stunning card, love the delicate colouring. GORGEOUS.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, Stunning, I love the Bokeh background, I always feel these backgrounds are 'ethereal' and I love the technique, I love your card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John, what a lovely card, will have to try this technique, but am sure it will not look like yours.
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    Absolutely stunning!! This technique looks fabulous, I will definitely have to try it!
    :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've Bokah-ed a Pointsettia - Brilliant idea! I love this card

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, gorgeous card and if I'm right die did you do a demo like this on Hochanda? Love it anyway :) It's great that you have a wonderful day with crafters all over the country and sharing your tips and demo's. Where would be without you/all? :) "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a very nice card John. Do you have a tutorial for making this type showing how to do it? I'd love to see how you do this.
    Thank you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    Absolutely gorgeous. Even love the colours (as you know, lilac is not on my favourite colour palette). That Boka background is so easy but effective! Must give it a go today.
    Well done you, for all the shows and demos and thank you for the inspiration you've given to us.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky me, I actually got to see this card in the flesh yesterday and it is absolutely beautiful. I so enjoyed the workshop on Wednesday and your demo's yesterday, you showed us so many techniques, lots of tips and so many different ideas. I am pretty new to crafting and learned so much. Thank you John for your inspiration, it was great. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the background you have created. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card and I love those colours, they compliment each other so well
    I must get those smoothies to play with and some more blending inks as I only have one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love , love, love this card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, great card the colours look so good together, I think the blinding inks looks really good but so far I have only brought one of the new frosty colours( frosty jade) but have not opened yet as not really had time to craft and I didn't want to open it case it ended drying out by the time I do get back into the swing of it. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, loving the lilac tones...my fave, your card is fab!!
    Hugs Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, I love lilac and this card is lovely.

    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete