Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Summer Papyrus...


Happy Tuesday,

After my holiday in Egypt a couple of weeks ago (feels like that though Ive just worked out it was 2 months ago lol) when I discovered Creative Expressions were doing a new colour called papyrus then I had to try it.  Today's card is the result of my playing and teaming it with coconut white.  I think it would look fab with `Ginger but guess I should wait until the autumn before I start heavily on the autumnal shades!

I stare by stamping the Infinite Reflections stamp to die for on the Papyrus card using perfect medium.  I added true white detail embossing powder and heat set it.  Next I stamped the sentiment, form my Daisy Chains set, in jet black archival ink in the scantier before cutting it out using the Porto die form Sue's Portuguese collection.
Next I cut 2 slits down each side and threaded the brown / ivory grosgrain ribbon through these slits to make a band effect.  I added 2 of the Porto die cuts in black and offset them so there was a shadow around the image (and it keeps the ribbon fixed).  It is always important when stamping with Black Ink to add a thin layer of black to make the stamping balance.

Next I took a square of coconut white card cut to 17 x 17cm and cut the eternal rings triplet inset die along the bottom.  I added a few PVA pearl dots in cosmic pearl and left it to dry.

Next I added a larger mat, using from tape, of the papyrus card and a thin mat of black, again to balance the image.

To finish the card I added a mat of papyrus card and a thin bored of the papyrus and black finishing at 19.5x19.5cm.

Finally a bow made form the ribbon and some black and white bakers twine with pearl centre (from my stash) to hide the bow.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Eternal Rings Striplet
Porto die shape
Infinite Reflections stamp to die for
True white detail embossing powder
Papyrus, Black and coconut white foundation card
Brown/ Ivory grosgrain ribbon

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Morning John, such a beautiful card, love the layout and this new colour if fabulous. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, and the colour...stamps are a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, love this card ,the colour is fabulous and so are your stamps. Great design too. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Love this card and the colours. Really don't know how you come up with all your ideas, am thankful I can get my inspiration from you and Sue lol.

    Off to Daisys this morning card making, give me a break from babysitting the grandkids lol.

    Trouble with holidays they soon pass and feels like you've never been away.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, you always inspire me with your creations and this one is no exception, I have a few ideas running through my brain now....just got to catch them.

    Enjoy Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John a lovely creation today using yet another technique with the ribbon, love the card and love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour especially peeping through the striplet.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card-live the colours & the die cuts. I even like the bow which is most unusual for me...!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new colour John - very nice contrast wit the white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, a great card and like the new papyrus colour.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours on this card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card John,great colours and dies used,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow very different but still pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John, fabulous!!! Love everything about this card it's delicious!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card John and I agree that this colour would look fab with ginger. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John the papyrus is a very nice colour and works well with the black and white. Personally I find the ribbon too heavy but like the concept love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    What a beauty! I love the colour, design and the ribbon. A great design.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card John and I love this new colour card, fabulous.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card John and a perfect sentiment, just how I feel sometimes. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    Great card, the colours work really well together. I think the papyrus colour is one of those chic neutrals.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    Love today's card and the colour you've used. Loved yesterday's card as well but I think I forgot to post. I simply missed Sunday's poinsetta cards. I wonder where Sunday went to. Love the stamps that were inspired by Julia, and hope to see some samples on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John what a great card, love the colour, and a beautiful sentiment.
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Love the way you have used the striplet on this and the papyrus colour is fab.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    Very unusual design and it all works together. Must try threading ribbon through some of my dies...
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John,
    Love the colours and the use of the striplet, a very unusual design.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    Love the card and the new colours. They work good together.
    Nice stamps .Maybe one for the men in our lives....
    Have a nice day, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, John, this card is lovely. I love the colors! Perfect color balancing, as always. I don't think it is too soon for fall colors. On this side of the pond, they are showing Halloween & Christmas designs already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. My 20 friend and I are flowing you every day. We would like to know if your stamps and paper will be sold in the states, We have tried using site in the uk but takes to
    long to get the products. Please e-mail me or replay to this post. lynnmorr7@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John

    Really nice card, colours would be great for the man cards I have coming up in the next few months

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely gorgeous card and I really love the colour too.
    That ribbon just finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    beautiful card today.
    Love that fab shade of card, and your design as always is perfect for it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eh up John
    A wee bit ribbon heavy for me but love the concept. Look forward to the hieroglyphic stamp set to match the new paper lol!
    Have a great evening.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John
    I have been away for a while lots of stuff going on, but I have to say your cards are stunning, I love your creative spin on things x x x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card today John. The papyrus is a fabulous colour for mens' cards. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John, lovely card, like the way you added the striplet die at the bottom and the new colours of the card packs are great. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunning card John. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete