Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 3 August 2015

Not Christmas...

Happy Monday,

I thought it would be nice to have a break from Christmas (well it is August lol) so today's card is one that I can't find on the blog but I thought I would have blogged this as I love it!  If you have seen it before sorry but I checked and couldn't see where!

This is made using the Canadian collection and the prefect peony.  I stared by die cutting the outline die from the Vancouver die set in the centre of a 18 x 18cm square of milk foundation card.  Next I embossed this using the scored lines embossing folder.  I then cut the second and third die for the same set in lilac foundation card.  I then die cut a piece of milk with the third die and mounted the lilac piece above.  I then cut die 4 and 5 form lilac, die 5 from milk (and mounted these together.

To make up the central piece I simply foam mounted each layer together alternating colours.  I finished with a lilac layer and added some pearls and a set of pearl squares cut form one of the corner sets in the centre.

The flowers are made by cutting the perfect peony complete petals die (all flowers) in lilac card.  I then cut one of each of the open petals in milk card, mounted these above the matching flowers and made up the peonies as shown.  A 8mm pearl in the centre and I then repeated the above to make 2 flowers.

I tied a bow in Amethyst satin ribbon and mound the flowers above.  I made a couple lot stick pins using Sue Wilson stick pin elements and placed these at 45 degrees to each other framing the centre piece.

I made a card blank at 21 x 21cm and added 2 of the Canadian border dies cut in milk down the sides and added the topper with layers of lilac and milk to frame the piece.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft die by Sue Wilson
Vancouver
Canadian border corner and tag
Perfect Peony Open and complete panels
Lilac and Milk foundation card
Stick Pin elements in Amethyst


Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Morning John, Oh I like todays card, the embossing folder really does stand out, gorgeous and I love the colours.

    Enjoy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you another beautiful card, Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, a really beautiful card today, love the colour combo and the way you have created the aperture. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow John, I love this card! The colour is super, but could also be made in a lot fo combinations. I also love that you contrived to make a square embossing folder look great on a rectangular card! Must get that folder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a fabulous card and love the colour combination you have used really must get this folder as it a real show stopper.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-stunning card! Love everything about it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour combination and the perfect peonies are always a winner.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John,
    another super card today.
    Love the colour choice, and the super design.
    Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful creations with us.
    I know I don't manage to comment every day, but I still try and find time to have a look at your wonderful creations.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love the colours and the flowers are gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John , Stunning card !!love everything about it,superb design. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Stunning card today, I love it and the colours.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful creation That EF is a lovely one Suitable for male and female cards I love the touch of the Canadian border in the background

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Gorgeous!!!
    I wish I had all these wonderful dies and accessories, you make such wonderful cards that I would love to make :-)
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card, John. I love the flowers.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John, love love love this colour one of my favourites!!!
    Simply gorgeous!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. My colour John, just perfect, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful and full of Gorgeousness .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    A stunning card, love the way you have made the aperture and then embossed, love the flowers too. Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Stunning card, have looked at this embossing folder before and not been sure about it, but now I seeing it used it's a must have.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card John, have loved all your Christmas creations.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card John, I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    love the design - so clean but full of interest.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. An amazing card today, my favorite of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John what a lovely card, and I really really like the embossing folder you have used/, another thing on the wish list.
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eh up John
    You definitely haven't shown this beauty before........I would have remembered this lilac loveliness. Fab florals too.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Definately a beautiful and stunning card, definately one I would have remembered seeing before if yoj had posted it.
    So pleased you have shown it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, beautiful card I love everything about it, I love that embossing folder even though I can't make it work for me it just won't lay flat after I have embossed it,bi love it anyway an the flowers look gorgeous. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    Beautiful card, love it !
    Have a good Tuesday,
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card John Crafty Regard Julie kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this card and colour....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this card and colour....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete