Wednesday, 5 August 2015

A Little bling...

Happy Wednesday,

Well its a new month which means a new selection over at the Creative Expressions design team blog. Its always worth popping over to see what the team have come up with and this month the stamping team have been given my paper pack to deal with so that will be interesting!

Today's card is made using the new Peace Dove festive die with the snowflake background which is fast becoming my fave of this years Christmas range.  I stated by cutting the background in aqua foundation card with the centre oval die in place.  Next I cut around the edge of the die so that I just got the background with a thin bored.  I then mounted this onto acetate so that it could float over the background piece.

To make the sparkly background i covered a piece of scrap card with a double sided adhesive sheet and sprinkled over silver mica flakes.  The mica flakes are a lot more substantial than the mica powder and have a really beautiful shine and sheen to them.  Next I cut a larger frame for the die cut so that a layer of the background was visible around the edge (well you don't waste a good background by hiding out too much!  I foam mounted this over and added a pierced mat of aqua and a thinner vintage silver layer to frame the piece.

The tip is made using more of the scrap card with the adhesive which I cut the Peace word and dove from.  I then covered these in the mica flakes and from mounted them in the centre over an oval of aqua card (just using the other oval in the background set)

Finally a rhinestone star spray ( I have gone all bling haven't i?) and finished.

It would be great if you could click HERE and leave a comment on the CE Design Team blog!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake background
Peace Dove
Aqua and vintage silver foundation card
Silver mica flakes
CE Double sided adhesive sheets (A4)

Enjoy...

31 comments:

  1. Morning John, a stunner today, the dove of peace die was the first one of Sue's collection that I bought, I think it is gorgeous and you have done it proud with this card, yes got to try it.

    Enjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a gorgeous and different Christmas card love the dove and peace die must go look for it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    A real beauty. Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    Another beautiful card today, I love this background die and am fortunate it's in my ever growing collection.
    Thanks for all your ideas
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love all the sparkle.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, a beautiful card this morning, love it all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really striking card. Lots of bling! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, Stunning card again, love the dove and peace die ,I have this die but have not used it the way you did on this card,must try!
    Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    Bling tastic!!!!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  10. great card lots of bling ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a real beauty I love this background die too I think I'm going to have to invest in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Gosh, very bling. Maybe the birdie and peace would stand out more in a contrasting colour but a super card nonetheless.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Lovely card, very bling.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Great card, love the bling.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous John. Check your date fr C&C Wednesday is 12th

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, John, I liked everything you did to this card, until you got to blinging the Dove and Spray - I think that was some bling too much! On the screen, its hard to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm Ang on this one, John. The bird seems to disappear a bit - I suspect it is one of those cards that look better in real life.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Love the concept if the card. However, the bling us much to much as it all blends in together and the designs get lost in each other.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Yep, it's a bit too much - but I love the background die.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Lovely card with the gilding flakes, would have liked to see the dove in a different colour, but as someone has already said it may look better in the flesh.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the background, but the dove disappears.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely bling and I just love the background. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    I Really Am So Very Happy The Christmas Cards, Is Back It's Just I Have So Very Many To Make So Gaining All Your Tips Etc: Is Just Great And Greatly Received.
    Thanks For Sharing John.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, a lovely card but I think you loose the Peace Dove a little perhaps it would have been better to either do it in a different colour or shadow mount it to make it stand out from the background. Or it may just be the photo that does not do the card justice
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too blingy for me, cannot see the centre piece, like the idea but not the final stage....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too blingy for me, cannot see the centre piece, like the idea but not the final stage....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both dies but I think the dove looks lost on this card,
    I love the background and the colours but I do think the dove would look better in another colour to make it stand out more.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card John, O have the Dove and Peace die, but have not got round to using it yet! Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, lovely card th dove die is great.Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card John, love it.

    Love & hugs

    jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete