Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 10 July 2015

Whats black, white and red all over?...

Happy Christmas Friday,

I thought it would be a good dies to bring back Christmas Friday, which I have run for the past couple of years.  Those of my blog family that have been with me for a while will know that masking Christmas cards and projects is one of my favourite crafts and this year with me learning to use MDF and beautiful decoupage papers I have even more projects to make and share with you all.

Today's card is an example of how you can make a large special card form the Mini Christmas background set.  This set is perfect for making your batch cards as it can be cut as a whole filigree card front and simply backed with different colours and papers.  However it can also be used in layers with some of the other 2015 Christmas dies, to make your special family and fiends cards.

I stared this one by die cutting die 1 and 2 from the set (when counting from the outside in) in black foundation card.  The die has no outside cutting edge meaning you can make the outer border as wide or narrow as you want.  On this card I cut around the card whilst it was still in the die to give this narrow border.



Next I rubbed pewter gilding wax over the piece (make sure you emboss the die as there is some beautiful embossing on the frame) this shows the sweet village scene.  I then cut a piece of coconut white foundation card, covered in double sided adhesive sheet from CE using just the inside line die (die 2) I removed the backing form the adhesive and added the black die cut over this cutting the white backing to the same size.  I then added diamond snow (a fine version of glitter jewels clear just like my favourite Iced Snow ) which in real life gives a twinkling snow like look to the background.

I the  cut die 3 and 4 in black, die 4 in the adhesive white finishing by cutting die 5 in black and adding this to a whole piece of the white (cut so that it just covers the circle.  I embellished them in the same way as I have listed above then foam mounted them above each other to give a topper that goes in with the moon at the lowest point.

To make the backing card I die cut 2 of the snowflake borders in black and mounted them as shown across the front of a long piece of coconut white foundation card.  I then tied a length of the red two tone ribbon from may arts (back in stock at Julia's shops click HERE for details) I tied a double bow and added this to the front at the left of the main scene.

To finish I added a couple of tags, using the medium pierced tags die by Sue, one in white and one in black.  I stamped the sentiment, form Sue Wilson's new Christmas sentiments clear stamp set, using archival jet black ink.  I then added the whole piece, with the 'scene' foam mounted on top, to a card black made at 30 x 20cm form layers of black and white foundation card with foam tape of course!

I simply lover the shimmer of the diamond snow along with the simple black, white, red and silver of this card!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Mini Christmas Scene
Pierced tags
Snowflake Corner, border and tags set.
Black & coconut white foundation card
Two tone satin red ribbon
Cosmic Shimmer pewter gilding wax
Sue Wilson Christmas sentiments clear stamp set
CE Double sided adhesive
Diamond snow

Enjoy...

45 comments:

  1. Such a striking card John, stunning and so looking forward to seeing all your new ideas. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, this card is certainly a very special one, love the layout and the colours. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great design John,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this design John
    Take care
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a pretty card not sure the colours work for me but like the design.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John,
    I love this card, and love the colours you have used.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is stunning it is so eye-catching. I love how you have used the dies and the ribbon just sets off the whole design. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card John, what gorgeous borders. Love the black and white with the touch of red, very classy. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beauty of a card,love the borders and the added tag messages.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John, love everything about today's card!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, A lovely card in a beautiful colour combination.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    What a fab card to start with, love how you have made it an extra special card by extending the design!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John like the concept of the card, but I would change the colour combination, its a bit to dark for me
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colour combination you have used, John. I have the snowflake border set so will have to give this style a go.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, very striking & bold.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    A very busy card, not for me I'm afraid. Sorry.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, A lovely card in monochrome with a splash of red, I do love this ribbon.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning John, a very striking card today!
    Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Wow what a stunning card, I love the way that you have put this together. Everything about it is gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John a sumptuous card very striking love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, This mini background die is my favourite, there are so many combinations to use. I am using this one for my batch cards. Not sure about black for me though, it looks good in cobalt blue/white or periwinkle/white and of course
    silver/white and gold/milk card. I love how you have made a bigger card with it and will try this one as I also have the snowflake border! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see what else you do with the new dies! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Very striking card, but a bit busy for me...Sorry!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, very striking card? Very bold colours. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Firstly Can I Apologise For Not Commenting Yesterday Things Became So Very Hectic. I Know Some People Don't Like Black/White Cards Well I Just Love Your Outstanding Striking Very Beautiful Card Today, I Love How You've Added The Deep Red Bow To Break It Up Simply Stunning, Thank You For Sharing And Giving Us Lots Of Wonderful Ideas.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    stunning card, love the colours. I, too, have those two dies so might adapt your design for bigger cards.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    Just love this card and the die you've used. Hopefully this die will be waiting for me when I get home from Harwich. I'll have to re read your instructions though. By the time I get home I'll have forgotten them. Good job your cards don't disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John gorgeous card and love this die and how you have used it for a larger card.
    I have never tried black and white so must give a try .
    Jeanie.e

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    I always loved your Friday Christmas creations when you showed them before so it's lovely to see you going back to this fab idea.
    My this is a stunning creation.
    I love your fab scene made with those glorious dies.
    Wonderful, wonderful designing as always.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very striking Love the dies you've used I think I'm going to have to have a re-think on some purchases

    ReplyDelete
  30. John, tis fab! I have most of the Christmas set and I love them. Debs from Limetree with your strawberry crush card. See you soon. Keep crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. fab Christmas card today, I love this Christmas scene and it looks so striking in the black with the gilding wax.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful creation, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John
    WOW absolutely stunning, love the colours love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,
    Nice c-card I don't mind it in black and white. Very nice set of dies
    this year and you making lovely cards of them.
    Hope you had a nice day, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. fab card ,great dies Sue's dies are always great wasn't going to get the border die but it look great on this card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  36. fab card ,great dies Sue's dies are always great wasn't going to get the border die but it look great on this card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice card John, I have this die and did this technique with the wax to bring out the detail.xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a great start to Christmas Fridays. Beautiful I see a box lid in the background thatdI'd like to have a shot at too. Clever use of the dies, just love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John, I love this card an it's one of the 1st dies I brought from the new range I was thinking it would be a good die for the kids to make there Xmas cards for the teachers an I brought the Santa an sleigh die to go with it, now that I have seen the way you have put it together on a Larger card with the boarders an that gorgeous ribbon I now think I be using the die myself, lovely just lovely. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. John playing a bit of catch up following my holiday. This card is absolutely stunning, I LOVE it, and want to make one like it. What a creation that would be but not a patch on yours.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Eh up John
    Blogger wouldn't let me comment yesterday. . . . . I thought I was barred lol!
    Wow, this reminds me of the the lid of a very posh box of chocolates and is just as delicious! Yum!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  42. This new die just catches my eye, you have made a beautiful card with it....must put it on my wish list...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fab card John and love the sentiment and the font xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete