Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Very Late...

Happy Tuesday,

I'm sorry for the late posting we lost our Internet yesterday due to a combination of redecorating the living room and the modem going down!  It's still not up however I have managed to get into CE towers so can post form there!

Today's card is another using the lilac from yesterday however this time I have teamed it with coconut white and made the white more of a feature.  I'm also really sorry but the picture does not show the background properly the light seems to make the gilding wax look patchy which, in real life, it doesn't.

I stated by making the background using the scored lines embossing folder and rubbed pearl moon gilding wax all over it.  I matted this on a few layers of the lilac and white to make a 21 x 21cm card blank.

The central panel is made using the Porto die form Sue's Portuguese collection.  I cut the outside die (die 1) with die 2 and 3 to make the filigree frame in lilac and repeated this to make 2 identical pieces.  Next I removed the filigree die and used just die 1 and 3 to make white frames that were solid.  I adhered the lilac frames on matching white ones then foam mounted them at 90degress to make a square shape.

Next I cut the 4th and 5th dies from a piece of white and mounted the frames above.  I finished with a final lilac layer and added a strip of orchid satin ribbon before adding to the card.  I then stamped my sentiment, from my daffodil elements clear stamp set, and cut it with the smallest of the pierced flags adding a thin lilac border by cutting the medium die in the set.  I popped this in the left hand side of the circle and let it trail out to the side.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft die by Sue Wilson
Porto
Pierced Flags
Daffodil Elements clear stamps
Lilac & Coconut white foundation card
scored lines embossing folder

Enjoy...

24 comments:

  1. Good morning John, I like this card!!! Pity about the lighting!!! I bet its stunning
    to hold in your hands!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, Yes can see what you mean with the lighting, but still looks like a lovely card, I like what you have done with the ribbon. Would like to say a big thank you for all the great tips that you showed us at your demo in Fleetwood on Sunday, it's the first one I had gone to and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the cards you had on display were a delight to look at. Thanks so much and hope to get to Cleveleys in November. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John shame about the lighting but I'm sure the background looks wonderful in real life. The "topper" really nice love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card today john what a statement piece !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, John. I do like the embossing folder - another item for my wish list!

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, this card is so beautiful, I love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy. hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    Lovely card and colours. I'm sure it looks fab in real life.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Great card. Technology is wonderful thing until it goes wrong, then its frustrating, Hope your's is sorted.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, The photo isn't showing this card off in it's full glory, still gorgeous though.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, a beautiful card despite the lighting worth waiting for hope your Internet is up running again for tomorrow.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this card, yes the backing does look patchy, but I think most of us will get the drift......I love this embossing folder and was happy to purchase it a few weeks ago and will try this technique with gilding wax to check it out in 'real life' x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John this is a gorgeous card. You are very dedicated to have traveled so far to post this beautiful card. I hope the decorating goes well. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    I Nearly Gave Up Returning To Your Blog To Check Out Today's Cards I Opened Your Blog But There Was Nothing There Which Was A Surprise As Your Always So Very Prompt, I Love Today's Card The Middle Photograph Gives Your Card A True Liking, Fabulous Colour Palette.
    John Than You So Very Much For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    lovely way of using those dies - It would look stunning in black and white, with small red accent pearls............
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John it may have been a late post but it was worth waiting for. Such a pretty card and great colour combination
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card John, love the colours....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Good job you said about the lighting/wax as I was thinking you had taken grunge a bit too far lol!
    Love the design but would avoid waxing in future ;-)
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, loving the look of today's card the colour combination is perfect, I love the look everyone seems to get from that embossing folder when I use it the card comes out all wavy an won't lay flat, if anyone as any ideas would love to hear them. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John

    Such lovely colours and a very pretty card, I do like that embossing folder, another for the list!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card today, it is a shame about the lighting but you can still see that it is
    gorgeous. I have yet to try the gilding wax on embossed card but must try it soon.
    I love the way you have layered all the dies as it makes it so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    Another stunning card in my favourite colour. Good job you said about the lighting on the wax as it did look odd.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a shame about the photo It still looks fabulous so I expect in real life it looks absolutely brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  23. The centre looks lovely, so I am sure the rest is.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card John, like you say the gilding wax looks a little patchy but bet it looks brill in real life - love how you have threaded the bs near through the aperture xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete