Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 4 July 2015

Something Different Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Don't forget I'm at the Newbury craft show today demonstrating for the Art of craft, If you want to see today's project in the flesh or any of the other cards I have made using Sue's new festive dies then pop along Ive packed far too many samples!

As promised today creation is a box that would fit work for Mondays card however to make it the right size for that card, click HERE if you missed it, you would need to increase the measurements and use A3 card as Mondays card was quite large!







I stared with a square of A4 card in rich red (back in stock at Julia's Shop) 21 x 21cm and scored 2cm on each edge.  next I placed the poinsettia mini triplet along one edge of the top section and die cut it.  I then rotated the die, hopefully the picture shows how I did this, and cut this along the next edge.  I continued in this manner to make the frame of mini striplets around the edge.  I then rubbed golden light gilding wax over the raid areas of the die cuts and the edges of the box lid.

Next I cut a piece of vintage gold card to 19x19 cm and glued this behind the die cuts.  Next I cut the Merry Christmas die in rich red and rubbed gilding wax over this which highlights the detailed embossing on this die cut.  I added golden pearl PVA glue dots to the centres of the poinsettias and made a double bow in the same two tone satin ribbon I used for the card on Monday.  I have had a lot of questions about this ribbon it is available in 5m lengths in Julia Watts online shop click HERE to see this.  I then added a gold dazzler to hide the knot and the lid was finished.

To make the base I simply cut a piece of vintage gold card to 21 x21cm however I cut it slightly smaller by cutting off a 3mm sliver of card on each side.  Doing this makes the base slightly smaller and ensures the lid will fit.  To make the base I simply scored at 2cm on each edge and folded the base up.

As you can see form the pictures I made a new card to go in this box simply making an 18.5 x 18.5 card blank in vintage gold.  I added a couple of layers of gold and rich red tying a bow around the left hand side of the top 2 layers.  I then cut one of Sue's word tress (from the new festive release) in the rich red and added the golden light gilding wax to this and polished it off with a dry wet wipe.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Festive Collection - 
Christmas Tree Greetings
Poinsettia mini striplet
Merry Christmas Expressions
Rich Red and Vintage Gold card
Two tone satin May Arts ribbon
cosmic shimmer golden light gilding wax
gold dazzlers

AS I said above Julia Watts has restocked all the items used to make this card as a few people have said they have struggled to find the rich red and vintage gold card and I believe the ribbon is quite hard to find!


43 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    my this is a stunningly beautiful box to go with a stunning card.
    I love the beautiful rich colour choice.
    I love what your have created with Sue's excellent dies.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John, love love love this!!! Enjoy your day!!! Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Both projects are beautiful, thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John,
    absolutely gorgeous, both the box and the card. I love the dies and have been on a bit of a pre-xmas shop (prezzie dies for me!)
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, a gorgeous box and card just as nice as Monday,s was.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John this is a gorgeous box and the card is beautiful too. I love the colours you have used and the way you have used the dies. I think I need some more dies. We are popping in to the Newbury show after my husband has set up for an open day at the university and before we have lunch with our daughter. Busy day. Have a good one and I might see you later. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS JOHN FOR THE BOX.....YOU TOOK THE HINT. !!!!

    POSH BOX IS STUNNING, AND THAT FINISHING TOUCH MAKES IT MORE OF A KEEPSAKE RATHER THAN 'JUST A CARD'

    CAROL

    ReplyDelete
  8. This box and card are both stunning, absolutely love them, thank you so much for the instructions. It shouts out Christmas, so opulent. Enjoy your day, how I wish I could be there. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opulent is what I thought too. This really is a keepsake - it looks fantastic.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, a really rch and elegant card today, Christmas don't you just love it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    Fabulous box to go with a fabulous card....LOVE THEM BOTH!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous box! This looks so expensive to buy. I must check out your card from yesterday. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eh up John
    Gorgeous, gorgeous and did I say gorgeous? Just shift that bow a wee bit so we can see the "Merry Christmas" in its full glory lol!
    Have a great day at the show. Whose bringing you McFlurrys today lol?
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John absolutely super project looks so rich in the colours you have chosen. Have a good weekend love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    What Beautiful Collection Of Cards I'm Loving The Outstanding Christmas Card Collection You Are Bringing To Us The Colours Are Just So Very Rich And Extremely Opulent. John Thank You So Very Much For Sharing Your Talent With Us.
    As Debra Mentioned It Looks So Very Expensive If You Wish To Buy!!!
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    A stunning box and card set, rich colours, love it. Hope you have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful, John. I love the colours.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, Stunning, fabulous set ! Card and box are very opulent!Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Glorious rich colour and a stunning design.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning box for a great card. I agree with Mrs Duck-please move the bow lower down so we can see the diecut & the stunning details.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful box for a special card.
    Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    Gorgeous card and box! And how useful to me as I was lucky enough to have my name drawn for the striplet dies in Sue's festive die launch. We're off out for the day and my lovely hubby has agreed that Newbury can be part of the outing ! So hopefully will say hello later. Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a gorgeous set John, very classy,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Boy what a beauty of a set , stunning work John.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful John, love the design, great use of a striplet.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, just catching up with your blog and seen some beautiful cards from the last few days, I especially like yesterdays (can you tell me where I can get "Joy to the World" stamp from), so love the frosty winter colour scheme. Thanks you for showing us even more ways of using Sue's new dies.
    Todays card is also stunning, very rich and festive with a gorgeous box to put it in. Just gorgeous. Have a great day, blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning John, Beautiful creations with the Christmas dies love them all,
    thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is sumptious John - I will try to emulate it! Do you ever do workshops in Scotland by the way - I would love to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John
    Absolutely beautiful cards today and yesterday's card is also.

    I just love these, dies and the stamps.
    Been a bit busy yesterday new Grandaughter born the night before, then to top off my day yesterday I won a set of Sue's new Christmas dies so am very happy.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh gosh, another beauty...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great idea for the poinsettia die john. Stored that one as I bought it the other day. Gorgeous card too x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, that box is stunning as wa Mondays card, I love that ribbon. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, This box and card are stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John
    The box and card are stunning. Even better in the flesh as I saw it earlier today at Newbury.

    ReplyDelete
  35. fantastic card and box ,so rich in colour and style ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous John, Really rich colour combination, just shouts Christmas
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh wow I really really love this card and box they are both absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I love the poinsettia mini striplet, and how you have used it to create this box. Definitely one to buy. Love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh I love the poinsettia mini striplet, and how you have used it to create this box. Definitely one to buy. Love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. A beautiful card finished off with a stunning box - love them both xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Absolutely beautiful John, so classy Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete