Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Paper Grout and Paint...

Happy Tuesday,

I had to feature another card made with the lovely Passiflora stamp to die for because Sue Wilson featured one she had beautifully col,toured on her blog last week.  She mentioned that this is a stamp that I drew and I have to say that although it is my own work, of which I am highly critical, I do love using and colouring this image.

I stated by stamping the image, using perfect medium, onto teal foundation card which I the embossed with cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder.  Next I coloured it in using the cosmic shimmer watercolour Mica palettes.  The great thing about the these watercolours is that they have a large mica content which means that you can paint onto dark colours and still get the true colour.  To colour this one I chose a soft pink, from the greens and purples range, and a couple of shades of green for the foliage.




To make up the card I die cut the largest die (no1) from the Lisbon die set form a sheet of milk foundation card that I had embossed with the bed of roses A4 embossing folder.  To get the stunning sparkle I used teal sparkle texture paste and sues fabulous paper grouting technique. I have added sues video for this below (as it saves me explaining it!) if the video doesn't play click HERE to be transferred to You Tube.

Once dry I cut the aperture and foam mounted it above the stamped image .  I cut a thin border using the teal piece underneath and mounted the whole piece, with 3D foam pads of course, onto the card blank made from layers of milk and teal

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions craft dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon die set
CE Bed of Roses Embossing folder
Teal sparkle texture paste
Stamps to die for Passiflora
Milk & teal foundation card

Enjoy...


38 comments:

  1. Morning John, another beautiful card, love it.

    Enjoy Tuesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card John, and the techniques, but I'd have put the bow just a little lower, or on the other side - it's covering up half your roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,
    A beautiful card today.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card- but I agree that the bow is obscuring your lovely stamped flowers.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card but the bow obscures and detracts from the lovely stamp.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, another incredible card, lovely stamping and colouring, but the bow I agree, should be smaller. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, John, I find the bow a bit "heavy" but the rest of the card is great.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, love the embossing folder and the stamp, look lovely together,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, another winner it is beautiful.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The stamp is beautiful. I must have a go at the grouting technique. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eh up John
    Its coming up black and cream on my screen but can imagine it looks better in the teal. As the gals have said, the bow is the focal point rather than the stamp.
    Having seen you do the "grunting" it is very effective.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloomin predictive text. . . . . . .that should have been "grouting" I won't go into the grunting in public hahaha!
      Ang x

      Delete
  12. Hi John, A lovely card ,although I don't know about the grunting!?!lol The bow does coverup your beautiful flowers,pity.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card today, love the stamp.
    No bow for me too...sorry John!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Lovely card but again I agree the bow is taking the glory away from your beautiful stamp.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Great card, but not the bow it's too distracting.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, A beautiful card, loving the stamping onto the teal card with the white embossing powder, so effective, love this stamp.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, love the stamp but apologies I do agree that the bow is a bit too much. Lol lynne m xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, another pretty card, but I don't think the bow does anything for the card, it detracts from the beautiful stamped image
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John. I have to admit I am another of the "no bow" brigade, but I love your stamp.
    Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to agree with the other ladies - but it may be the photo but the bow does overshadow the beautiful stamp Love the grunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John lovely stamp and techniques but I think I'd have used a sentiment and left off the bow. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    Absolutely beautiful, lovely colours and just divine.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    A beautiful card, I love the colours that you have used for the grouting. Maybe the bow would be better in a cream colour but it's a lovely card with great techniques.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, Beautiful card, love your stamp and colours!
    Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    stunning card and beautiful ingredients. Thank you for sharing.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an amazing idea John, thank you for explaining so well for us.....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  27. another beautiful card today, I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. it is amazing how different techniques make a card look so different ,great background,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous card John, I love that stamp. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeous! I am new to your blog. Where have I been?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, please take the predicted text off : ) my head is adele enough hence the name!!! Anyway beautiful card even better minus the bow!!! I love bows!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John

    Pretty and very sparkly. I like it a lot, especially the colours, they look amazing together

    Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  33. HibJohn
    My word what a gorgeous sparkly card. Just love the colours you've used. Although the Teal looks blue on my screen. Must be the others coloured you've used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John, Stunning card ! Love the stamp.
    Hope you had a good day
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John, gorgeous stamp the card is lovely an the sue Wilson embossing folder is fantastic. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John. a lovely card today. I love the colour combo you have used. Take care x

    ReplyDelete