Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Monday, 6 July 2015

Golden Monday...

Happy Monday,

As we are only in July I thought I would soft peddle the Christmas by dropping in  Christmas cards in every now and again!  I hope this makes sense lol.  Therefore today's card is in gold however it is distinctly not Christmas and is for any occasion although I have made this into a Birthday card (though it would make a great Golden Wedding card)

I stated by die cutting the Lattice Arched Adornment die from the configurations line (I love this range as the individual dies can be used in so many different ways) 4 times in Milk foundation card.

I adhered 2 of these facing each other on a strip of vintage gold card I then clipped the corners to round them.  Next I added 2 of the adornments to another piece of gold card cut slightly larger than the first (this was all done by eye so measurements are difficult!)  This time I added them opposite at the top and bottom and foam mounted the first piece on top.  Next I mounted this onto a piece of the gold and made up the card using a piece of the gold card which I pierced and a few layers of milk and gold to frame the centrepiece.

I then stamped the shaded peonies in cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder onto vintage gold card.  I then cut the stamped images out using the matching die and made up three flowers with an 8mm pearl in the centre.  I also stamped and die cut the matching foliage (which also comes in the set) and placed these around the flowers which I arranged on the left of the centrepiece.

Finally I stamped Happy Birthday from my Daisy Corner stamp set, in perfect medium and embossed using the same detail powder.  I cut this out using the medium die in the pierced flags set and mounted it onto a piece of milk card which I had cut to  make a small mat.

I added a few 5mm stick on pearls and finished. I love the variability of the configurations dies and the way you can mix and match them to create your own patterns and style.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Lattice Arched Adornment
Pierced Flags
Perfect Peonies complete petals
Shaded peonies stamps to die for
Vintage Gold and milk foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer true White detail embossing powder
8mm & 5mm white stick on pearls.

Enjoy...



54 comments:

  1. Perfect peonies are just stunning
    The card really stands out. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect peonies are just stunning
    The card really stands out. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Wow this is another beauty Thank you.take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a beautiful card, love how you have done the peonies, very classy looking . Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John and all crafters, this is such a pretty card today, can be used for almost any occasion, thank you so much for shareing it with us.

    Enjoy Monday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    I love this card is beautiful.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    a super stunning creation today.
    My those dies look so lovely the way you have used them, and the colour choice is perfect, but it would look equally as good in other colours too.
    Wonderful flowers.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. It would make a wonderful anniversary card. I hope the demos go well today it is nice that you don't have to travel too far. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect peonies like the ones we made in the workshop - they look great. The card could be adapted for many occasions- lovely, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful card! The card design would work for so many occasions. The peonies look so lovely, I've just ordered the peony stamps. Have a great week. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card John and yes it would make a great Golden Wedding Card
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just full of gorgeousness.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, a beautiful card and love the gold.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Oh my, absolutely gorgeous!!
    As you say a beautiful card for any occasion, wedding or Christmas.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful John , love the flowers,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card-perfect for a special occasion.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a stunning card, John, and, as you say, perfect for many occasions.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John,
    What A Tremendous, Outstanding, Card I Would Love To Make This
    Very Beautiful Card I Would Use It As A Christmas Card As It's Just
    So Rich And Opulent.
    Thank You For Breaking Down How You Made The Card And Which Products You Have Actually Used, I Love The Lattice Arched Die, I Love Your Colour Palette You've Chosen The Soft Gold And The Milk And Then Using Embossing Powder To Create Those Stunning Peonies, John Thank You So Much For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, A gorgeous card to start of the week.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    What a stunning card, absolutely gorgeous. I love the way that you have made the flowers with the white embossing.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    A beautiful card - such a clever use of the adornments! Love the peonies, too. In fact, there's nothing I don't love about this card. You are right, would make the perfect Golden Wedding card.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eh up John
    Super card that can indeed be adapted to many occasions.
    The gold adds a great touch of opulence.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    What a stunner this card is. A beautiful way to use the adornment dies. As you said it would make a fabulous Golden Wedding Card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I MUST get some of this gold card! So rich and opulent I love your design and like you've said can be used for quite a few occasions by just changing the sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    It was lovely to have met you on Saturday at the show, thought I would have a look at your blog, love this card, very ornate but perfect.
    Gail Cx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning John,
    Fantastic card, love the rich gold, and yes a Golden Wedding card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning John, Beautiful card, thank you for the ideas as I won this die on Sues blog launch it's really pretty, I will be trying a version of this one as I haven't got the peonies, I will use my Camellia open and full petals! Thank you for sharing!
    Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very nice start to the week John the flowers really add the finishing touch, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW John, stunning, rich and opulent today, absolutely love it! Fabulous flowers.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  30. The card is so pretty.......brilliant idea.... thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card John, the flowers are gorgeous.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card John Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Morning John, I love the colours on this card, and those beautiful die-cuts and fabulous flowers.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an adorable card John, and 10 out of 10 for ingenuity! Very well done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, very classy, nothing to not like.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, very classy, nothing to not like.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely idea, as you say for various occasions....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely idea, as you say for various occasions....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card, it lends itself to so many other occasions as well as the birthday. I can see it as a stunning wedding card too.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  40. Good morning John, love it, love it, love it!!!
    Have a good one everyone!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John, this is gorgeous, very elegant and classy. I'm loving the stamped & heat embossede peonies, beautiful. Also really liked yesterdays card, very pretty.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. What an elegant look today John. I love the soft gold colour and the Latticed Arch Adornment die. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi John, what a beautiful stunning card today. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi John,
    Love this card ! must get hold of some vintage gold, the die's and
    the stamp. It is all Gorgeous.
    Hope you are ok,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  45. great card love the two tone[gold and white]together ,lovely die too ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  46. wow that is one gorgeous card today, and it would also make a lovely Christmas card. lol

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow a super gorgeous card . Love your peonies and the way you have used the dies. A really stunning card. Thank you for sharing. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi John
    Gorgeous card. I love the layering and the flowers are so pretty. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love this card, the flowrs are stunning.
    Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  50. Playing catch up again John but just had to comment on this as it is just lush xx love it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete