Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Its creative expressions design team day and as promised I made a version of the Ornate Noble pierced card from a couple of weeks ago as a Christmas card.

I stated by making a card blank, form coconut white foundation card, by using the largest die in the set.  Next I made a filigree frame using the largest die no1 and no 2 and three together to make a frame with the detail.  Next I cut just a frame using dies 1 and three form coconut white card onto which I had added a
sheet of double sided adhesive.  I slipped the backing off and placed the filigree frame over this leaving the sticky showing through the filigree sections.  I then added iced snow and rubbed of the excess which leaves this glittered white on white finish.

I foam mounted the fame on and using the next die in the set, no 4, i cut out an aperture in the centre which I backed with heat resistant acetate (the heat resistant has the right stability for this).  Next I die cut the let it snow die using the piece of card form the centre of the frame that had the DS adhesive sheet on it,
I removed the protective film and covered the whole sentiment in iced snow.  This was placed over the aperture and a piece of vintage silver foundation card was added on the inside back go the card so It frames and shines through the sentiment.

Finally I added a die cut of the illuminated three die again cut form card with adhesive sheet and covered in iced snow.  I placed PVA pearl dots, using cosmic pearl PVA, on all the junctions of the filigree frame and added a small white seam binding bow and silver dazzler to finish.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Ornate pierced noble design
let it snow
illuminated tree
Coconut white foundation card
Heat resistant acetate
Creative Expressions double sided adhesive sheets
Iced snow.

If you get chance pop over to the Creative Expressions blog and see what the rest of the team have come up with HERE!
Enjoy...

38 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    This card is just stunning Thank you so much. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John, love this card it's gorgeous!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, thank you for showing this card, it is gorgeous, love it!. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card john but I don't understand the acetate bit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of sparkle, so very Christmassy!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Christmas card-perfect amount of sparkle!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a fabulous Christmas card love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card to tempt up with this morning ,great creation ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Another stunning card today. It looks fabulous.
    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, A stunning,sparkling Christmas card ,love it! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Lovely card,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card today, love anything that sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Adorable!!! It is stunning and sparkly, and I'm definitely making this one!
    Thank you
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brrrrrrrrr that ice sure does look cold and wintery , lovely card John.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John. Love the noble dies and love your sparkly card. SueL x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Stunning card, love the noble dies.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, This card is stunningly beautiful, really frosty, brrrrrrr I'm cold now hahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    What Can I Say Other Than Today's Card Is Truly "Exquisite, Elegant,"
    A True Masterpiece I Really Love Everything About It, So Very "Rich And Opulent"
    John Thanks For Sharing.
    I'm Sorry I Didn't Comment Yesterday But I Had A Really Hectic Day I Must Say I'm A Huge Fan Of MDF Items I Started A Few Years Ago When I Met A Young Man At One Of The Shows He Goes To Ally Pally And Is Always Exceptionally Busy His Company Name Is Simply The MDF MAN He Used To Do Workshops With Another Very Talented Lady, Called Clare Whom Works For Graphic Designs So They Always Used Graphic Design Papers Which I Adore.
    Thank You John For Sharing Today's "Rich Opulent Card" And The MDF Goodies From Yesterday.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely sparkly glittery card John. Really nice, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. HibJohn
    Wow wow wow. I just love this white sparkly card. Must have another go at using the adhesive sheet with the let it snow. I tried this for last years Christmas card, but it didn't work. Not to sure why, the sticky wouldn't peel off. Must do better next time. I'm definitely going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh John I love this card it just shouts Christmas.- Stunning!
    Wendyxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Absolutely Stunning ! Love to make something
    similar but me and sticky sheets do not go together....
    Take care, Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow John,
    an absolute dazzler, I love it.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    What a gorgeous,wintry,sparkly card. Just love it.
    Love Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it, beautiful John...luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    Stunning card, looks so frosty you can almost feel the cold coming from it.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eh Up John
    Fab and frosty and looks so sparkley in real life.
    Love it!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card John, love it and my favourite sentiment for Christmas cards too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful elegant Christmas card John - I love the frosty look. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, beautiful lovely an frosty looking very nice. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful sparkly christmas card, love it.
    can just see that twinkling away with all the christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely stunning

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card John, I bought these dies last year. Brilliant and I love your paper pads. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John,
    beautiful white on white stunning card.
    super design, and I love all the wonderful sparkle.
    Crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John playing catch up again........ This card is my kind of card, love anything blingeeeee and sparkling................Would you be in agreement if I made a card in my craft group based on this one, I think it really is gorgeous.

    Enjoy Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete