Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Creative Wednesday,

Its Christmas time over at the CE inspiration blog, click HERE to see what the rest of the team have come up with today and this week.  The Creative Expressions Design Team post every Monday to fir day with inspiration across dies cutting, stamping decoupage and a range of craft projects it's always worth a look as its great for ideas and inspiration!

For this months challenge the die cutting team have been asked to work with the Christmas dies from Sue Wilson.  For today's card I have chosen to use the Vintage bauble form the 2014 festive collection form Sue Wilson.  The great thing about this die set is that the baubles come in 2 parts the detail inside die and the outline. This means that you can use them, as I have here, as just a bauble shaped aperture in a card rather than cutting them out!

I started by die cutting both of the sizes of baubles inside the set offset in a piece of milk foundation card.  I decorated these using Gold pearl PVA to add the gold pearls on the detailing. I mounted this over a piece of milk card , using from pads, onto which I had added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet which I then gilded using Red Blaze gilding flakes.

I left a large border and cut off the excess which I used to cut the two of the corners or hangers that are also in the set form the scrap gilded card.  I added these at opposing corners.

I then shaded the top milk card using scattered stars distress ink to add that vintage look.

To finish I matted this onto a thin layer of black card and added a wider matt of milk card, again shaded with the distress ink, and a final black layer.  This addition of the thin black layers adds a little drama and, hopefully, balances the card.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Vintage bauble
Cosmic Shimmer red blaze gilding flakes
Golden pearl PVA
Milk and black foundation card
Scattered Straw distress ink

Enjoy...

Just a quick Note tomorrow is the first Bag-A-Bargain at Creative Expressions factory shop with loads of stuff half price or less, more details below!

Don't miss out on our first Bag-a-Bargain Thursday Clearance Day at Creative Expressions this week, Thursday 9 July.

Don't miss out on bags of bargains!

Join us at Creative Expressions' Factory Shop this Thursday 9 July for our first Bag-a-Bargain clearance day.

This month we have greatly reduced the popular Couture Creations products, giving you amazing savings of up to 50% off a selection of dies and embossing folders.


See you on Thursday - make sure you get here early to snap up the best bargains and don't forget to bring your friends!

Thursday 9 July
 
9.30am - 4.30pm


Factory Shop, Creative Expressions 
 Unit 2a, Vernon Court, Henson Way, Telford Way Industrial Estate, Kettering, Northants, NN16 8PX
01536 481778.

39 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Brilliant card Thank you, Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using gilding flakes behind the baubles sets them off so well. A great idea.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    wonderful card today.
    a fab design and very exotic with the lovely gilding.
    The colour choice looks so rich too.
    Have a lovely day.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, this card is so opulent with the gilding flakes, love the way you have used the bauble dies. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, what a different but fabulous Christmas card I have these bauble dies so will definately be trying this one thanks again for all the inspiration you give us. Wish I was closer for C E bargain day but much too far.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, such a rich opulent card today, love how you have used the gilding flakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love how you have used the dies and the gilding flakes. I would so love to go to the sale but it is too far away and there is work. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way of using gilding flakes, John. A great card.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John, A brilliant card today ,very opulent! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card John,
    I wish I lived in Kettering, love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card. The effect is like a glittering light behind the bauble. I wish I could make it to CE headquarters for the sale but it's a bit too far.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John such a different way to use the baubles,very rich looking card using the gilding flakes and such patience to do the pearl drops! Congratulations to all those who live near CE Towers you are sure to have a good time. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    beautiful card, love the way you've used the dies. Colours and gilding are fab.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Love these baubles, made all my cards last year with them, and on seeing them again this morning I will be using them this year again, they are stunning!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Beautiful card, love the gilding flakes,
    thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fantastic idea just using the inside of a die Potential for all sorts of ideas
    I wish I lived closer to Kettering and impossible to get to by public transport I would love to browse let alone shop! Actually that's probably not a bad thing because I'd be bankrupt

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Stunning card, love gilding flakes,.
    Lydia.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    A really different look for a Christmas card. I love the versatility of Sue's dies and the gilding flakes show off the detail in the dies perfectly.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John. Beautiful card, the gilding flakes give it such an opulent look.
    Rosemary x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John, I have this die too!!! Love what you've done its lovely!!!
    I too would love to go to Kettering:( but i am going to Doncaster on Sunday:) yeah!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, a lovely card. I also have these dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John I love this die so I am really pleased that younhave made todays card with it.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    I Love Today's Awesome Card I Love The Richness Of The Colour Palette You've Used And Of Course The Die Which I Purchashed Last Year, Thank You For Sharing John, Plus I've Just Checked Out Sue's Blog And There Is One Of Your Stunning New Stamps On Her Card So I'm Off To Check Them Out.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John
    Another stunner today. I love how you've used the gold PVA glue as decoration on the baubles, must try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Like the card John, and like the idea of being able to bag a bargain too - do you have to be there in person? or can you order online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesley I think its just in the shop but if you email Tracey@creative-expressions.uk.com she can tell you or maybe able to help!

      Delete
  26. love the gilding flakes ,great card ,would love to hit the factory shop as Lesley asked before me can you order online ?Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eh up John
    Have to say, they look like very ornate hot air balloons to me, reminiscent of Phileas Fogg. . . . . . . . . .very vivid imagination me lol!
    Very glam and glitz.
    Lesley and Laura, if you pop back, its just the factory shop for the bargain bin gals.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, fantastic die used I just brought this die again as I lost mine from last year. Your card is lovely must admit it does almost look like an hot air balloon like ang said. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, I have just purchased this set also and I can see me appropriating your idea as I love using gilding flakes.

    Thanks

    Jan from NSW (Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card John, are these bargains only at the factory shop, what about those of us who cannot be there.....distance.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful christmas card, I so love looking at christmas cards.
    please keep them coming lol.
    sorry to those who don't like christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    Lovely card, love the baubles.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi john
    Love the colours gives it a lovely warm feeling to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John, This is a stunning card, I love how you have done it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous colours and the baubles are gorgeous John. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely stunning John.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete