Thursday, 2 July 2015

A Little more seasonal...

Happy Thursday,

I thought It was time I showed something a little more seasonal especially as Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far and I was melting in the studio (Garage)!  I liked the idea of rotating between Christmas and normal so I thought you might like to see this card!  I can't promise I will switch between every day as this tomorrow and Saturday will be Christmas but I will try!

Today's card is simply made by stamping the Floribunda stamp to die for from Sues latest, non festive, release and colouring it using the fabulous Cosmic Shimmer watercolour palettes.  I then cut the image out using the largest die form the Lisbon set and mounted it (without foam for once) on a piece of lilac foundation card.

To make the top piece I simply embossed a sheet of coconut white card with the A4 quilted leaves embossing folder and cut an aperture to one side again using the Lisbon die set.  I then rubbed pewter gilding wax over the raised are and buffed it off with a dry wet wipe.

I foam mounted this over the stamped image and added a strip of ribbon and some of the self adhesive pearl strips ( a double strip cut down the middle ) to alter the look of the ribbon.  For the flower I simply snipped randomly into a strip of the ribbon and rolled it up to make the messy frayed flower you can see in  the close up below. A few layers of lilac and silver to 'frame' the card and finished.

Hopefully you will agree this is an appropriate card for the weather!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon 
Floribunda stamp to die for
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour palette No 4 Summer Garden
Orchid double sided satin ribbon pack
Lilac, coconut white & vintage silver foundation card.

Enjoy...

40 comments:

  1. Morning John, it certainly is an apt card for this type of weather, fantastic.

    Please take care in this heat, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a fabulous card and love the flower.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    A lovely card Thank you.Stay cool and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, a beautiful floral card, love the colours. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John,
    Beautiful Card, Love The Fabulous Colours And The Outstanding Stamp Thank You For Sharing.
    Hugs From Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, another pretty card,love the colours you have used. Glad that you are alternating between Christmas and and everyday type cards
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, love the flower, and the stamp is really pretty.
    I never create 'wide' cards, but will now

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous John, love the flower. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I do love the stamp set it is so pretty. Have a great today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card John, but ahh the frayed flower is just so beautiful ,another one for me to try as it has a totally different look .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Really like this, embossing and flower are fabulous.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    oh what a super creation.
    Love that wonderful stamped flower, and your super design.
    Crafty Regards.Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, A great looking card love the flower.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John nice and unfussy but very pretty love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card, John. I really must use this aperture technique more.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Living the lilac and silver together I think I have some pewter gilding wax I must have a play I don't have this set of dies but I would like to have a go at one with a substitute

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card today. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John
    A very pretty card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layout here, oh, and the colours, and the stamp, and the pearls....
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John
    What what a lovely card today. In my favourite colours as well. Love the layout as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really lovely card John.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Love the layout of the card but for me, personally, I would choose garnet instead of lilac. But that's just because that's me.
    I was uttterly useless yesterday, couldn't have even begun to think of crafting (or anything else) in that heat. Hoping we'll get some rain and cooling off, but won't be holding my breath.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this card, absolutely gorgeous!
    love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super card today John, love it. Also yesterdays, because I am very partial to buckle cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    This card is gorgeous I love it.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous John, love the flower lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie j xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John Beautiful card and love the stamping and colours .
    I must try this way of colouring thank you
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, lovely card an beautiful stamping. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, A gorgeous card, loving the pewter gilding wax atop the embossing folder background, and gorgeous stamping.
    I can't even go in my craft room, and stay, it is far too hot and I can't even get to the windows to open them because of all the storage in front atop my desk hahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. And very pretty it is too. Enjoying some crafting time now after sweltering at Hampton Court Flowere show yesterday. But it was a lovely day out and the roses were magnificent.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh up John
    No, an appropriate card for the weather would have a sunlounger and pina colada hahaha!
    Terrific "painting" of the flowers and love the elongated shape.
    Nice to see you hard at work today lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't say good morning John because of the time!!! but I'm going to anyway!!!
    Love today's little gem!!! Sorry it's late but I've been working:(
    Enjoy the rest of your day!!!
    Loopy Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello John,
    This is gorgeous.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely gorgeous summery card for today, I love the stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John

    Super pretty. Unusual shape- we love our 8x8's as there's so much space to fill but in this case small (er) is beautiful!

    Hugs, T x

    ReplyDelete
  37. another lovely card John.like the long shape and a great stamp ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely card John, the shape is really attractive. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card John....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete