Monday, 8 June 2015

Tied in a knot...

Happy Monday,

Today's card is blue and white again however a different technique as I have used the frames I made using the dies in the Rhodes die set form the Greek Island collection.  Again it was a demo card so I really hope you managed to catch the show as this is easy to show but hard to explain!

I made frames using the largest and next outline die form the Rhodes set 4 times twice in blue and twice in white. I then added the filigree section that fits within the frames and cut this once in blue and once in white.  I layer them together to make 2 frames that are mirror images with one white on blue and one blue on white?!?




next I made a cut in one of the frames (hidden by the ribbon and bow) and twisted the frames together to give this knot look where they appear to be tied over and under each other (this is the difficult bit to explain!)  I then threaded a piece of the bluebird satin ribbon through this knot and added a large bow, tied in the same ribbon, a blue dazzler and a couple of stick pins ~I made to match using Sue's stick pin elements.

To make up the card I made a set of layers in embossed card plain card and Pearl corners.  I shared the embossing with summer blue gilding wax to match and polished it off using a dry wet wipe.



Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Greek island collection Rhodes
CE Embossing folders 
Scored lines 8x8"
sparkle square 5 x 7" 
Summer blue gilding wax
Bluebird stain ribbon pack
Blue dazzler & stick pins from CE

Enjoy...

33 comments:

  1. Really pretty card today john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you a lovely lacy card, pretty bow. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, an amazing card today, love it, keep um coming!!!

    Enjoy your day whatever you are doing, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a very pretty card love the way you twisted the dies.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    I love this card, I did watch the demo you did for this. Even attempted a version of my own now at good as yours though.
    Hope you get to enjoy some of this lovely sunshine today
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John just love this card, colours design everything, take care
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card (minus the bow, just not a bow person) and love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have used the dies. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the overlapping on the buckle section of this card ,great card John ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've interlaced the dies It's a bit like one of those optical illusions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. I love your woven basket shown on Saturday, yesterdays card was something a little different, I love the mica powder behind that gorgeous Striplet, and then today's lovely card which are always fun to look at to see just how you made it : ) Thank you . Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a very pretty card today and I love how you twisted the die !very clever. Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Lovely card very clever indeed!! Such pretty colours!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eh up John
    Have seen this card or similar but can't remember if it was on telly or when you've done a demo lol!
    I personally would not have the ribbon across the middle but the card is gorgeous and I love the interwoven frames.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, A lovely card, especially the interwoven die-cuts in the buckle effect, very pretty.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card, John.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John,
    Another lovely blue card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    WOW this is a stunner today, love the idea of the interlocked frames, brilliant.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the twisted knot arrangement - kind of reminds me of the buckle cards that Sue does (co-incidentally, she is showing one of those today on her blog) Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Lovely card and I love the colours.
    Thanks,
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John, like the idea but perhaps it is the ribbons, the bow is a bit heavy and the one across the middle to my mind detracts from the overall design. Sorry to be negative, trying to be constructive!! love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, Beautiful card love the colours, thanks for sharing!
    Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card John, love this one.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. A real stunner John, beautiful shade of blue. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card John, love the colours and the blue dazzler is stunning.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    lovely card and such a clever use of the dies. Taking my hat off to you.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, I'll say it again! Beautiful card.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Grogeous card John, saw you demo this on Sue's POTD shows. Love the way you've used the dies to create an interlinked knot and the colours are beautiful.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely gorgeous card and I really like it all except the overlapping bit.
    it's not that I don't like it I am just not sure.
    But I love everything else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card John and love how you have 'twisted' the frames it looks fab xx like the look of the embossed panel too - don't recognise it but it is very nice xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, love this card an I got to see you demo this on the POTD show with sues dies, cleaver use of the dies. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete