Saturday, 27 June 2015

Simple Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

Just a simple card today I am demoing at Strikes Garden Centre in Daleside today, pop in if you are in the area!

Today's card was made at a demo day a few weeks ago when I was asked about men's cards.  I have a simple approach to men's cards, what I do is to make a similar card to my usual fare I just make them in Masculine colours and make them less fussy (far less flowers is usually a start!)

This card is a version of the delicate Canadian background card I made a few weeks ago in Primrose and Milk foundation card.  The colours were chosen by the people attending the demo and we felt that making it ion Taupe and Black would make it more Male!

I started by die cutting the outline die from the Canadian background die in the taupe.  Whilst in the die I hand cut the aperture (using my scalpel) by running it along the edge of the inside of the die.  I left a large 2cm wide border around the die cut.

Next I cut an aperture in the middle of an A5 piece of black card using the die as a guide and again my scalpel.  I adhered the die cut over the aperture and added a 1.2cm border all around.




Next I cut the centre die from the same background ( the pieces have been separated in this background to make it easier to cut and to give greater flexibility) set in the centre of a larger piece of the taupe card and foam mounted the frame over this.  I then added a black layer and again left a larger border.

Finally I added a stamped sentiment (from my daisy Chains clear stamp set) stamped on the taupe card in black archival ink.  I added one of the classic folder flowers (the larger one) cut in coconut white foundation card to which I added a sprinkling of iced snow so that there was a little but of bling! To lift the card I added cosmic pearl PVA at the centre of each flower,




Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Canadian Background
Classic folder flower
CE Clear stamps daisy Chain elements from me
Taupe and Black foundation card
Cosmic Pearl PVA

Enjoy...



37 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    What a brilliant card thank you. Have fun and take care KItty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh John I really like this card, I dont have the canadian die, I knew I should have got it when I had the chance.

    Enjoy your Saturday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I treated myself to this die at your workshop as it looks so good. Interesting premise for men's cards - will give a go!
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a fab. card would do a guy I guess.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and I love that Canadian background, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning John the Canadian background us proving so useful and certainly fits the bill for men's cards. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John, lovely card today!!! Loving the Canadian die so
    versatile!!!
    Have a good one!!!
    Loopy Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a fantastic masculine card. I think simple in strong colours works well for men. This time last week we were setting off to Pickwells that was a fab day. Enjoy your day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card-perfect for anyone that doesn't like "fussy " cards.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Jan, I bought this die on Thursday. It seems so versatile. I , ave already done something with the bit left from our card! Thanks you for all your ideas and tips, John

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, I love it !!!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    there is nothing simple about your excellent creation.
    You always go the extra mile to create something so special, be it for the male or the female.
    I loved this die when it came out, and I love your fab creation with it too.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    GORGEOUS!!!!!!
    I adore this die, and you always manage to show me another fabulous way to use it! Cheers! John.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, love this Canadian die - so versatile. On the wish list
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, love this Canadian die - so versatile. On the wish list
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Lovely card, CAS is sometimes needed.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, John, so adaptable, and love it even more that I have that die!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very beautiful card
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    Lovely card, this is my favourite background die so far, so I have it in my stock. I have made quite a few cards with it as you don't need much else with it to make a beautiful card. Yours today is great for a male. Thank you for all your inspiration.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, and I like the way you recessed it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, another lovely card, I must push this background to the top of my wish list I think. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love how you have recessed the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the simplistic look of this, the colours work well for a "male" card.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    I love this card, another must have. Trying to think of cards for men is difficult.

    Have a great day
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh that's nice John, in fact you may say it's simple but the effect is stunning. A great guys card but would work equally well for the ladies in more feminine colours.
    Have a great day, blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    Another lovely card, and it's always nice to see a mens version.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I live this die I must get it! I like simple cards Mind you my mind is boggling at the mo re the instructions for the aperture pieces but it's probably because I haven't got the die in front of me and picture it. Looks great in these colours too

    ReplyDelete
  28. The photo doesn't do it justice John. It's much nicer in real life. Lovely to meet you at Purple butterfly crafts today. I'll be back there Monday to get some of Sue's new Christmas dies. Annie P xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, Another lovely card in male colours!?.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John, love this die as the Canadian background die is one of my favourites, I would have no problem giving this card to a male. Take Care Melody xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. It may be simple but it is still a gorgeous card, I do love this die.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    a great man card,good colours together.
    Take care,Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John,
    lovely die and lovely card - to me that still isn't a male card as the background is all flowers.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  34. This card is gorgeous. I love the dies. Both the canadian background and the flower die

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John. This is simply gorgeous, I love it : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Eh up John
    Wonderful card with just the right level of fella fuss.
    Thought you had barred me as Blogger wouldn't let me comment yesterday hahaha!
    Have a great day (I'm at work. . . . . 3 days on the trot arrrgh!)
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is beautiful. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765608719349/

    ReplyDelete