Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Today is the start of a new Month over at the Creative Expressions Blog so we have a new challenge however there have been a couple of other changes as well.  The Design Team has been split into 2 teams one for Die cutting using Sue Wilson dies for Creative Expressions and one using the Creative Expressions stamp ranges.  Before you ask I am in the Die Cutting team as I am sure you all know this is my first love.  Its worth popping over to the Blog HERE to see who is in each team and to say Hi to Debbie Stevens who has joined the team, to see her fabulous blog click HERE.

This months challenge is to use the new Lisbon Die along with the matching Floribuna stamp to die for as the main elements.  its going to be fun to see what the team has come up with with the same elements!  I love working to a strict list of ingredients as I think it helps bring out the creativity in all of us!

I stared today by pulling out a co,lord scheme and what else would i start with but a range of blues.  I started by die cutting the smallest three dues in the set form the new Royal Blue foundation card from Creative Expressions.  The smallest three have an oval centre a filigree section and an outline die, when cut together they give the brilliant shape that I used in the four corners.  I embossed a piece of coconut white card, cut to 18x18cm and placed one die cut in each of the corners.

Next I die cut the same die from before (the third largest) along with the next two up to make the centre poetics.  I cut this twice and rotated one of them to make this symmetrical shape.  I love the way that sues dies make different shapes if you simply layer them in different ways.

I mounted this on a square of card, cut to 10x10cm, which I embossed with the same scored lines folder and added a couple the smallest pierced flags die cut in the blue.

I foam mounted this piece in the centre over 2 more pierced flags to balance the design.  Finally I stamped the sentiment, form my Daisy Chains stamp set, in cobalt archival ink and cut it with the third die in the Lisbon set.  I also shaded the piece whilst in the die using the ska cobalt ink.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon
Pierced Flags
Royal Blue & Coconut white foundation card
CE Clear stamps Daisy Chains by me
CE Scored lines embossing folder.

Enjoy...

31 comments:

  1. Eh up John
    Yup, typical when its your day off and wide awake at 5.30am lol!
    Its a wee bit too symmetrical for me if that makes sense but love the sentiment and the royal blue is divine.
    Of course your natural home is on the die cutting team as you are the cutting King!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow John just love this card and the colour is great would make a mans card easily you have now set me a challenge to try this design.
    Keep on giving us the inspiration you are so gifted with all the great work you do.
    Have a great day
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John what a lovely card. Reminds me of the British flag. Have a great day. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card today John, I like the way you have used the dies instead of matting and layering! so different. Hugs to all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really different .....
    Change the colours and use it on St. Georges day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John.
    Thank you for the ideas, but I just don't get this card, sorry. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. A great card again. Something different, and as a couple have already said, it makes you think of our flag so with a tweek it could be used for several occasions. I am off to see who is on which team : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello John, a super card today, great use of dies, and oh my that royal blue card is fabulous. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry, John, but this one is not for me. I will have to put that embossing folder on my wish list - it is so effective.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, a beautiful card today, I love it, but I must have missed this die as I haven't got it in my collection................need to rectify that quickly.

    I am also a die person John, occasionally stamping but not often, I just love my dies.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the tones of blue you have used. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-great card & as Donna said-reminds me of a flag. I've not made many cards that don't feature die cuts on them, I love them!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, A very nice card today and if you would use a different colour it can be used for many occasions.Shall have a look at the other team and the new designer.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    I wasn't sure to begin with but I think it's one of those ones that the more you look at it the more it grows on you.
    .Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Great use of the dies, very unusual design.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, Great card, another one for the men in our lives, thanks for sharing
    love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a lover of your work but today's card is not making me go WOW today a perhaps I need to see it in real life Bought some of the cobalt card at AP and still not used it I just like looking at it at mo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John, a fabulous card and very striking colours love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John mmmmm sorry but this card does nothing for me which is so unusual. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Not sure about this card, think there is a bit too much going on for me...Sorry.
    Glad you are in the die cutting section as I am not great at stamping.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is certainly something different - I am just thinking what dies do I have in my collection I can do this with. I do like the scored lines background - unfortunately I only have a cuttlebug. This weekend I am off to a craft fair, will check out what A4 embossed card in white there might be around.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, I love this card, and the idea that a number of you will all be given the same remitt and can't wait to see what you all come up with.
    With your talent and skills you could be in either camp, but secretly glad you are in the die camp as you show off dies in many different ways, so we have plenty of idea's as to how to use them. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice card John, and congrats on making the die cutting design team again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning John, love the design.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, nice card an love the royal blue. Take care melody x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, very nice card today, very dramatic and regal looking.
    Blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    Another stunning card today. Love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  28. great card ,now John you could fit into either team without too much bother ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John a very different card like it all except I'm not sure about the die cuts in the corners - but too much for me (sorry) but that is as always is just personal choice but I really like how you have used the strips around the sentiment xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very different. The colours are striking.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete