Saturday, 23 May 2015

Stamping Saturday...

Happy Saturday,

I am in the Craft Shop in Astbury Meadow garden centre in Congletom today form 10am to 4pm if you are in the area or like me a bit of a Saturday Garden Centre addict ( I think we have something for the Coffee Shops lol) then pop in and see hi.  I will be demonstrating Die cutting techniques with Sue's new range of dies and throwing in a few of my stamps!


Back to today and I thought it was time for Stamping Saturday to return!  Today's card is made using the focus element from my Tulip elements clear stamp set.  I stared by stamping the oval frame with the tulips onto coconut white foundation card.  I then coloured the tulips using the CE Mica watercolour palettes in shades of pink and green (all taken form the carnival brights set) and then carefully cut the image out leaving an aperture in the frame.  Next I mounted this onto a piece of acetate to straighten the frame and create a window.

Next I made up a gate fold card, from a sheet of A4 coconut white card and die cut the centre panel form the regal striplet into each of the two front folds.  I then added a pice of card covered in CE double sided adhesive sheet behind the aperture and covered the exposed are with Iced Snow.  To get the colour in there I brushed over a soft mallow pink mica concentrating on the corners to 'shade' the die cut.  The Mica colours the iced snow and does not need any additional sealing.  I then added the frame onto the right hand side with foam tape so that it floats in the centre.


I then stamped the same image into the centre back of the gate fold card and coloured it using the same Mica watercolour paints.  I added a little gold around the tulips (again using one of the watercolour set)( to give some shading to the frame, this is where you can stamp your sentiment or write a message!

Finally I added, as usual, a liberal sprinkling of pearls!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Clear stamps by John Lockwood
Tulip Elements
CE Craft dies by Sue Wilson Regal striplet
Carnival Brights mica watercolour palette
Coconut white foundation card
Acetate
Iced Snow & Mallow Mica
Double sided adhesive sheets

Pin IT, I didn't realise I had to add the pin it button to every post so sorry its been missing.  I have added it to the last couple of days and today's and will try (honest Guv) to add it to every post!

I have been asked where US and Canadian followers can get hold of my stamps well I am pleased to say that The Glitter Pot have agreed to send them anywhere in the world!  Click HERE to see their range.

Enjoy...


37 comments:

  1. Very pretty with several techniques to try.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, such a beautiful stamped card today. Good news for US and Canadian stampers too.

    Happy Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John absolutely gorgeous card today, so glad I've now got this stamp, wish I had the paints too but will use mica powder for mine, the paints are on my ever growing list.
    Have a great day and thanks for your inspiration
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous as usual John
    Take care
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card John ...you must have a steady hand for all that trimming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card-looks like a painting.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John your card is gorgeous. I love tulips they are one of my favourites. You can add a floating Pinterest pin to your blog posts it means individual photos can be pinned. It is the last thing I put in my blog posts. I could send you the html. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, An absolutely gorgeous card again with beautiful tulips!Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it John, abit different for you I think, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    How very creative!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello John, gorgeous card today, love the shaded side panels, and the stamped tulips. Great tips as well. Have a great day with the demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John. This is gorgeous. I love it all, the beautiful tulip stamp, the colours, the Striplet ..........everything. I have recently got some mica powders, the watercolour mica paints are on the wish list, so will have a go at something similar. Have a great time at Congletom. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love the tulips.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John. Lovely card. I love the gate fold effect and the panels are exquisite. One to try I think. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John so many interesting ideas in the making of this card. Have a nice time today love from Jackie xx ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card John ,looks stunning Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John, a gorgeous card love the strips cut into panels a really must try in order.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Really unusual card today, love the tulips, and the use of the striplets die.
    Glad you have now got the pin it button sorted...THANK YOU!
    Love Janet
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card John!
    Enjoy your day!
    Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card John and love how you have used the Striplet die to create a gatefold card - perfect dies for it - have a brilliant day today demoing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, very pretty card, my little grandaughter Lilly is sitting here with me an she said she really likes your tulip flower an would like me to buy it for her. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    This card is gorgeous - love the tulips!
    Have a great bank holiday,
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,

    Stunning card.

    Have a great day and weekend.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John, A very gorgeous stamping Saturday card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very creative and clever I just know that I wouldn't be able to cut that delicate frame out to create a window!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    A truly stunning card, everything about it is gorgeous. That stamp set has to go on my list now, you can never have too many flowers! Love the design of this, you could make something quite art deck with it I think.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  27. Drat auto correct. I obviously meant art deco.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A stunning card John love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another gorgeous card today, I love your tulip rubber stamp it is so pretty
    and on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a beautiful card John.
    Sorry not been around much this week for blogging. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a beautiful card John.
    Sorry not been around much this week for blogging. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John,
    another gorgeous creation today.
    Wonderfully designed as always.
    Love you super tulip stamp, and I can see a further purchase on the horizon, as my daughter loves tulips.
    What a fab idea the mica on the iced snow, must have a go at that sometime.
    Safe journey home from you demo at the garden center.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Simply stunning John, wonderful design and colours on your image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous card John, it looks so elegant. Pat x

    ReplyDelete