Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Spearmint Noble...

Happy Thursday,

I hope you all enjoyed the shows yesterday I had a real laugh with Martin!

back to today and as you all know by now I have  a real soft spot for Sue's Noble dies collection this new design has so much interest in it I have been happily playing with the different layers.  When I first get a die set I usually make a tunnel card where I cut all the layers and mount them backwards form the smelters to the largest so that the design goes into the centre.  This is exactly what I first did with this the new Classic Adorned Design die set.  I simply cut each die in Spearmint or coconut white foundation card alternating the colours with each die.








The beauty of this set ids the thick layer of debating on the second die which has added this stunning swirl pattern to the second layer cut in spearmint.  To get the deboss image you simply need to impress the pattern using the tan mat and pink plate in your calibre, for other machines check what the embossing sandwich is and use that!  I highlighted the swirls by adding some PVA pearl dots using the cosmic pearl PVA.

It make the card I simple layers the die cuts in ever decreasing sizes adding pearl dots where the seemed to be needed ( and I will add them at every opportunity lol)  I cut each subsequent layer larger on the outside (to do this I cut the largest front piece to a size and simply use the lines on my piercing ruler to cut each layer to a mat as I add them on working from the largest to the smallest (I know this makes sense in my head so I hope it does to you)

To finish the card I added some of the new CE pearl corners and a set layer of the spearmint and white.  A large card however I will be back tomorrow to show how this can be turned into a small card, flexibility or what?!?

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Noble Classic Adorned die set
Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA
Spearmint & Coconut white foundation card
Pearl Corners

Enjoy...


34 comments:

  1. Really classey card John
    Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a fabulous card and I love these colours, your shows were fantastic was hoping to email in the first show but got caught with my neighbour so was glad I had set to record just in case.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John.
    Thank you two great shows yesterday, a lovely card today. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,

    Stunning card, love the design and the colour combo.
    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, love the card and love the colours, looking forward to tomorrow th see how you have decreased the card size. Off to watch your second show from C&C from yesterday. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, great shows on C&C, had a good giggle (and sorry not meaning it badly) when the ribbon would not stay stuck. That happens to me a lot. Love todays card, never thought to do a card like that with 1 set of dies, so think I need to give it a go. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card today-love all the layers & really nice colour choice.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, Love today's card what a great idea to use the whole set .look forward to tomorrow.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Noble dies but went for the Square option as I have to post a lot of the cards I make and like to keep costs down I love the pearl corners

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    Gorgeous card from colour to design.
    I love ever decreasing centrepieces.
    Now, I can normally translate Lockwoodese but even I can't fathom "smelters" lol!
    Bet you're never taking ribbon on an MDF show again lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, love this card, unfortunately I haven't got this die but the method will work on others so I will give it a try, thank goodness I can take my iPad into my craft room so I can keep checking on how to do stuff.
    I haven't watched your second show yet from c&c will watch it later on this morning . I can get used to being a lady of leisure 3 rd week off work with a bad back and I'm not missing work one bit I have my crafting friends blogs for company. I am managing about 1 card a day in between lots of breaks but would be in misery without my craft work. (The pain relief does help as well lol)
    Off to watch your show now
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love the noble dies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning John the spearmint colour is very nice that you have used and the dies certainly have a lot of interest and the little pearl corners are lovely. Be interesting to see the smaller card tomorrow. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    Lovely card, I do like the colour you have used.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John
    I just love all the Noble Dies. After seeing your Lilac card the other day I bought this set as well. The Spearmint colour is lovely. I look forward to seeing the smaller card tomorrow, as I prefer these for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Lovely colours and card today, love the noble dies. Enjoyed the shows yesterday.
    Sorry to keep mentioning but I miss your pin it button as I like to save them on my computer for future reference.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card John, yes loved the shows yesterday. I feel really inspired to try the decoupage papers. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layers - very classy looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love everything about this card and look forward to seeing a smaller version too. Most of my cards need posting too.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John Beautiful card and love the new dies .
    I really enjoyed your show yesterday so many great ideas well done
    jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John,
    what a lovely card - love the colours and how you've used the beautiful dies. Must get some done now, quite a few birthdays coming up...
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the colour and the dies you have used. Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Clean and simple design & I love it. The spearmint is such a lovely colour & the pearls are a pretty finishing touch. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Lovely colours, managed to watch the second show yesterday and also manages to buy some things!!
    Love Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, lovely card an lovely colour, the noble die sets are by far my favourites out of sus's new dies. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Great colours together, and a lovely card, looks like 'invertage', looking into the 'heart' of the card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice card today John, love the colours and the recessed apertures.
    Blessings all - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. great card ,good shows today ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab card and fab colour way too - love the look of these pearl corners - think they will be in my shopping list!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely John I shall have to try this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John,
    now this is the die I won on Sue's blog, so I am very happy to see this superb creation done with it.
    Thanks for the tip on the embossing too.
    Lovely colour choices ,and very unusual too.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John

    Stunning. New Noble dies on my need list!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the way you have used these noble dies John, very pretty indeed

    Everyone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete