Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Friday, 15 May 2015

Small Noble...

Happy Friday,
Today I am demoing at Daisies Jewels and Crafts in Coventry to launch the new Range of Sue Wilson `dies that this card is made with.  If you are in the area it would be great if you could come and say Hi and even better if you have a question you want answering!

Well it is blue and small so it should answer Blue Friday and my promise to show how the same die set as yesterday, which was a large A4 card, could be used to make a much smaller card.  As you know I love versatility in my dies and the nobles are so versatile.

I stared by making a card bank (yes an actual card not a front) using apiece of coconut white A4 foundation card and the largest die in the Ornate pierced design set, the remainder of the card is made using the Classic adorned and you can use the largest die in that set to make the bank however the beauty of the nobles is that the same shapes in other designs are made to nest and I love the pierced card blank you get form the pierced set!

To make the topper I simply cut and embossed each size of the die again in alternating colours using periwinkle and coconut white.

The shiny panel is made by adding a piece of creative Expressions double sided adhesive to a piece of the coconut white card and die cutting it with the outline die  I then added a layer cut with the same sized die however this one I also cut the filigree section from.  In the spaces where there is sticky ( caused by removing the protective sheet and sticking the filigree blue on top) I brushed on pearl mica to give this warm soft gold (using enchanted gold mica powder)

The final layer is a debs piece which I rubbed enchanted gold gilding wax over the debs area to give the same shade in a different format.  The thing I love about Cosmic Shimmer products is that the colours remain constant across the ranges making creating and matching easier!

Finally I added some PVA pearl dots using cosmic shimmer Olympic gold PVA and a twist of the bluebird thin ribbon form the CE double sided satin ribbon pack.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Ornate Pierced design
Classic Adorned design
Periwinkle & Coconut white foundation card
Enchanted gold Mica & Gilding wax
Olympic Gold PVA glue
Blue Bird satin ribbon pack

Enjoy...

37 comments:

  1. Love this card John, Handy size for posting etc, not to bulky. The dies match beautifully and the Mica just adds that special touch. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you, a lovely shaped card. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see a card suitable for posting. Lots f inspiration to draw on, so thank you, John.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, Beautiful card in my favourite colours, thanks for sharing,
    love Junex (Cumbria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, great card, and a favourite colour combo. Sometimes you just want a smaller card. Take care and have a great day with the demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card John, love the colour, thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a fabulous card and great colour, you Julia and Sue all have done blue cards this morning you know what they say great minds think alike.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the shape. Those dies are so useful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,

    Fabulous card, love the style of this one.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John another fab card, save me a seat near the front this morning actually there are 3 of us lol I can't wait to see what demos you have in store for us. Sure to be a treat.
    See you later
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    ooooooo! another super creation with that fab die.
    Love the colour, and the wonderful designing.
    That mica touch is brill, and looks wonderful.
    Great idea the embossing of the middle.
    Safe journey today.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blue card John,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, A beautiful card today and I love the colour.Have a great weekend and take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card & I love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Have a great day demo'ing to all the lucky girlies (and maybe some fellas).
    A beautiful colour combo and lovely card shape.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eh up John
    I personally, would lose the ribbon but the card is stunning in your Wedgewoody colour palette.
    At work from 11 so won't be able to make Daisy's today. I'm sure you'll have fun with Maggie and the girls.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John well zI can usually work out the words but "debs" has me stumped! Despite that nice to see a smaller card and these dies really lend themselves to this. Have a good day today love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, a beautiful card. I used to live in Coventry but now live in Wiltshire....bit too far!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning John, a gorgeous card love the colour, but not sure about the bow. I have just got these dies, and I just love them. They are stunning. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, lovely card today, it's a bit like yesterday's but in reverse. Love the colour but like others, would get rid of the bow. Have a great day, blessings all - Deb C xx ps. yeah, what does "debs" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John,
    Another lovely card. Have a good day with the demos.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John - fab card - hope Debs enjoyed the gilding wax!!!! sorry couldn't resist that!! xxGailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Nobles I'm away for the weekend so I don't know what Internet access I'll have Have a great weekend everyone Enjoy your demoing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John
    I love this small card. I think the Nobles are my all time favourite die of Sue's.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John. Lovely cards this week. You have used all of my favourite colours : ) Thanks for the great shows, I love the two stands in particular. Have a great time at Daisie's today. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John,
    Lovely card, I can see that I'll have to get these new nobles as well............
    Enjoy your day.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  27. I absolutely adore the periwinkle blue with the white, this is a beautiful card John.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, love the noble dies an the periwinkle is my favourite blue just now, the card is lovely. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John,
    Love the shape and style of this card, think I will have to invest in more noble dies.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card John. It took me a few seconds to realise that debs meant debossed but I got there in the end! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely gorgeous card today, a fab and beautiful way to use the dies and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it John

    Everyone stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete