Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Saturday, 30 May 2015

Simple Sunday...


Happy Sunday,

This is a real simple card today and is using the Hello die I used earlier in the week.  This was one of my Demo's form The pick of the day shows with Sue Wilson and I used it as a quick demo.

I simple die cut the Hello expressions die in the centre of an A5 piece of card stock (finished card is 5x7") without the outline die in place.  Next I stuck a piece of acetate behind this and added a mount cut with the outline die that matches and is included with the Hello.










To make the striped background I added blobs (there no better word lol) of PVA pearl glue in Cobalt and silver on the reverse of the acetate and using a piece of scrap card I dragged the PVA across the acetate to create this striped effect.  I sealed the piece by adding a further piece of acetate and foam mounted it onto a piece of Periwinkle card stock before adding to the finished card.

I think this is a great additional use for your colours of PVA glue pearl form Cosmic Shimmer as you can alter combinations and effects to get loads of different translucent backgrounds.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Hello Expressions die
Cosmic Shimmer PVa in Cobalt and Silver pearl
Periwinkle, coconuty white foundation card
Acetate.


Enjoy...

20 comments:

  1. Morning John, I like simple Saturdays, very elegant card.

    Happy Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, Junes Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card John and a day early too !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card John, but it's Saturday here (in Ireland)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. lovely quick card, thank you. take care Kitty. ps it is Saturday today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Lovely card! So elegant - sometimes less is more! So relieved to see fellow bloggers comments. I thought I'd slept right through Saturday! Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John. Love today's card. Clean and simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing, especially how you made the background colour using PVA Pearl glue. I hadn't thought of using them in this way so I will be having a play : )
    I had to check the day after seeing your heading too : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John this is a beautiful CAS card I love the simple design. Oh boy I thought I had lost a day which would have been a disaster we would have missed our daughter's birthday. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card-simple but quite striking. I'm guessing you'll have to find another card to post on your blog tomorrow.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John, such a great card, love the acetate background, the blue is very vibrant. Don't know whether to comment on tomorrow's blog a day early LOL. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John, simple but elegant gorgeous.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, I think you have the day wrong hahahaha !! Is tomorrow's going to be Saturday's hahaha, you have brightened my day, a lovely card.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Well i'm now very confused, dose not take much. This is a lovely card, simple clean lines, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, we are so lucky two for the price of one ,a lovely card .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John, think you have your days mixed up! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    A lovely elegant card.
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab, simple and effective and a quick card to make if on the hoof xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    I am breaking myself in gently after my sick leave but now I'm confused about what day it is lol!
    Remember you demoing this on TV. Very effective and terrific a card.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I was loosing my marbles for a minute but I think you have your days mixed a little ,anyway I don't mind have two fantastic cards to brouse over ,great card simple but looks so effective ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,

    Lovely card, another die for me to add to my list lol. Could use one of the striplet dies I have and try doing this card with it.

    Thanks for the extra post, was well worth it (even if it did cause more work for you) well appreciated

    Thanks
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete