Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Sunday, 24 May 2015

Simple Sunday...

Happy Sunday,

Todays card is really simple with just the Cherry Blossom triplet stamp and some watercolour painting!

I started by stamping the recut and mounted triplet rubber stamp with perfect medium onto a piece of blush foundation card and heat set it with true white detail embossing powder.  Next I coloured the image using a selection of the Mica Watercolour paints from the new palettes.  I used the carnival brights set (the same as yesterday) and the blossoms shimmer in real life which just doesn't cone across on the pictures!  I stamped the sentiment in a dark pink archival ink and shaded around it using the mica paints.

to make up the card I die cut the outline die form the bevelled glass striplet into a square of coconut white foundation card and foam mounted it over the stamped and coloured image.

A simple card but hopefully effective and great for a quick card!

Ingredients:
Stamps to die for cherry blossom striplet
Carnival Brights mica watercolour palette
Blush & Coconut white foundation card.

Enjoy

25 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A very simple but elegant, Thank you. Take care, Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, another beautifully elegant card today, gorgeous.

    Enjoy your Sunday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card John so glad I've got this stamp very pretty and I always forget I can emboss then paint will give it a go later, was good seeing you on US TV lol love the demos as always
    Have a great day
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, it may be simple, but is very effective. Love the colours used on the stamped panel. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, very pretty card today, love white heat embossing and the colours just sing. Have a lovely Bank Hol, blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, a lovely card ,very pretty.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have previously said, I love using these paints: the effect is so pretty. Like the simplicity again, but think I prefer DL size for a striplet.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John. What a beautiful colour you have used on this card, I love it. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, as Kitty said simple but elegant love it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a beautiful card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John
    Another lovely card today. Just elegant. Mind you the main card looks a very light green on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    How did you resist putting something at the top.?I know I would have done.
    A great card,
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, love the technique, just too plain for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    At first glance I thought shaker card, but not, your stamps are just always delightful!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. May be a simple make but it is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Simple but pretty card.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,

    Stunning card, simplicity at its best.

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, I love how you have done the stamping and watercolour painting.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, nice card the heat embossing is always so effective. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this John...very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful this card is, sometimes simple is the most effective. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another fab card and love this Striplet stamp - it may be simple but is truly lovely xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    another of your wonderful creations for yesterday.
    Fab stamped image, and wonderful colours used.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was privileged to watch your demo at Astbury yesterday. Thanks for the fantastic tips and ideas. can't wait to see your next demo ,John

    ReplyDelete