Sunday, 31 May 2015

Saturday Stamping...

Happy Saturday,

I thought id show you some stamping form the POD shows where I used the stamps to die for.  As an ardent die cutter I love the idea of stamps that fit within the dies I am using and it, in my view, adds more value to your dies as you can do more with them.  Today's card is made using the Sand dune floral stamp that matches the St Kitts dies set form Sue Wilson's Caribbean collection.

I started by stamping the image using perfect medium and then heat set it with cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder.






Next I coloured the image, using what is hopefully Caribbean colours, using the acrylic drawing inks. The inks come with a mica in them which, in real life, makes them shine.  They also come in small bottles with a brush in the lid which makes using them so simple and easy!  I coloured the flowers in a orange shade and matched that with a purple red shade.  Then die cut the image using the outline die form the St Kitts set and shared the whole piece using rusty hinge distress ink.

I then used the smaller outline die in the set to take out the centre panel, the stamp is designed to give a border around this cut as well as the outline.  This is one of the advantages of the stamps to die for as they are drawn using the lines form the dies so that they fit perfectly!  I finished the piece by adding some 5mm white pearls on the centres of the flowers.



To make up the card base I made a 21x21cm card base and added three panels of embossed pieces using the A4 wild roses embossing folders.  I shaded the edges using the distress ink and foam mounted these on a piece of coconut white foundation card cut to 20x20cm.


I made a wrap for the card using the quilted blocks striplet just using the filigree section and not the outline.  This meant that I could continue the pattern it give me a longer border which I cut to by hand.  I cut a larger strip of card and shaded the centre with the rusty hinge before adding the die cut piece over the top.  Finally I wrapped this around the square with the embossed panels.



To finish the card I added a few pearls on the centres of the quilted blocks and some pearl corners to balance the edges before stamping a pierced flag, shaded again and adding this coming form the centre of the stamped image.

Not my usual colour scheme but hopefully it has a slight Caribbean zing!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Caribbean Collection St Kitts
Quilted Blocks Striplet
CE A4 embossing Folder Wild Roses
Stamp to Die For Sand Dune Floral
Rusty Hinge Distress Ink Pad
Pearl Corners 
Jewel Cosmic Shimmer drawing Inks

I think I have been able to add a Pin It button to each picture on my blog permanently If you try it can you let me know if it works!  Hopefully this means you can go back on any of my posts and pin the pictures.

Enjoy...

26 comments:

  1. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the design it is very pretty. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card-love the exotic colours you have used, very tropical.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, fabulous card, stamp, colours, design. I love those inks too, if fact will be using them today to colour in some butterflies I have stamped on Kraft card, heat set in white, for three of my little people to paint. Have a great weekend X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I have a birthday card to make for my friend today so will pinch a few ideas from this I think, adapting to what I have.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John,
    Sorry John, not sure about this one. I think maybe its the colours.
    Good job we all like different things.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, A lovely card again today and since we used to live a few years in the tropics your colours are dead on! Can't tell you if the pin works as I don't know how or what it does or what to do ?? Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John,
    I think you would really need to see this one, don't know if the pictures show the colour right. Will try this one to see.
    Thanks for sharing
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, Gorgeous card today and love the colours.

    Have a great day
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours on this one, fab design, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the design of this card, John. I must try the panels - they look so effective.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, just love this card in every way , fantastic!.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Fab card, love the wrap, really pretty.
    Now the pin it button, it works differently today, only todays card comes up for you to pin, where as before all your cards came up to pin. IE if you go back to any other day and use the pin it button all your cards come up...hope that makes sense John!
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,

    Beautiful cards. I think you may have posted your cards in the wrong date if they are scheduled as you have the Hello card posted for Sunday's date tomorrow but its showing today and you have todays card dated as Sunday 31st May! just thought I would let you know in case you did not realise lol!

    Beautiful cards both of them.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh John this gorgeous The panels are a great idea and to extend the quilted Striplet that's a definite must try! Love the colours too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John not seen this stamp before but it certainly fits the bill with the colours you have chosen. Really like the way you gave created the card so many different elements all working so well together. Love from Jackie xx ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    This card is amazing, I really like the stamps that go with the dies and have a few. There is so much in this card I think the ideas will keep me inspired for ages.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello John, Beautiful cards as usual but a mix up today with Saturday and Sunday posts together! Glad to be back on your blog today after being missing! Both Hubby and I just back from a visit to Blackpool Victoria Hospital where he had key-hole surgery and I stayed in B/B. He is on the road to recovery now so hope to get back to card-making very soon, I have missed it a lot! Have a good weekend everyone! Good to be back! Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card John and love how you have used the Striplet die as a wrap for the card xx not sure if your scheduling as gone a bit awry!! Sunday 31st May?? must confess it did make me stop for a second and have to think if I was on the wrong day in my head!! have a good weekend (short) weekend lol xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    It's a stunner of a card. I love the colours and die.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, nice card love the rose background embossing folder. Got a bit mixed up with what day it was today as the cards is for Saturday 30th but at the top of the post it says 31st Sunday lol thought I had lost a day. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi what a beautiful lively card for today, I love it.
    definately reminds me of holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the three panels in this card your stamping is stunning and it all goes to make a fab card,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Must have forgotten to comment yesterday John sorry, lovely card, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete