Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Hello!...

Happy Tuesday,

what a nice way to say hello lol  I always think that we don't always need a reason to send a card it isn't always someones birthday, anniversary or other occasion but we want to send a card just to say hello.  That's where the Expressions Hello die come in for me!

I wanted to play with this die to see what would happen if I kept the waste would it still spell out the word, well the answer is yes! I started by die cutting the hello in aqua card however i covered the back of the 2with low tack tape to keep all the piece in place. I then embossed the piece with the embossing sandwich which just ensured that the waste pieces stayed in pace.  Next I carefully removed the die cut and placed the die, with the pieces in pace, over a piece of coconut white card onto which I had added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet.  Next I carefully pushed all the pieces of the waste onto the sheet and carefully removed the die.  This left me with the negative hello you see on the top of the card.

to finish the piece I added diamond snow in the gaps to cover the sticky sheet that wasn't adhered to anything and to give a sparkle to the piece.

To make the card I made 3 sizes of the cornflowers in aqua card twice and coloured the edges with broken china distress ink.  I added a small silver dazzler as the centre of the flowers and added them at each opposite corners set with foliage cut in vintage silver.  I mounted the two hello's in layers of aqua, white and silver and mounted these , with foam tape of course, in the opposing corners.

The waste pieces of the hello die make an interesting optical illusion as looked at close up directly then it is hard to work out the words (hopefully this is apparent from the pictures) however at an angle or as the card draws away from you it becomes clear. This makes an interesting eye opener for the receiver!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Cornflower
Hello Expressions
Delicate Fronds
Diamond Snow
Double sided adhesive sheets
Aqua, Coconut white and Vintage silver foundation card
Silver mini dazzlers


Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. Morning John, now his is my kind of card, I love doing things with the bits cut out of dies, often doing 2 different colours and seating them back in again, you might have guessed that I like doing jigsaw puzzles as well, oh and of course you have used my favourite colour.


    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Typical crafter we don't throw any thing away. A beautiful card. Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, a really lovely card today. Must try it as I have this die. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowery elements, but the card is a bit too busy for me.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card & really nice to see that it is possible to use the "waste" from that die.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, a great looking card and so clever to use the waist ! Missed yesterday's card sa it wasn't there when I looked thought you were too busy,anyway nice card too Take Care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, really great card, and the optical illusion comes out great, love the colours and the flowers.
    Have a great day
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, clever use of the "waste" what a pretty card. Would not have thought of doing this, thanks for the tip. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,
    What a good idea to use the waste pieces like this. I really like the flowers and it gives a great look using the same colour card but then inking the edges. I don't tend to think about inking coloured card, usually just white or cream colours so I'll have to be a bit more adventurous with my inks.
    Thanks
    Heather Treble

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beyond words John, you know me, always try to use the waste and negatives, well done you. This will have to be a demo to show how you keep all pieces in place. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John. I wasn't sure at first glance what the "waste" part of the card was but on looking at it properly I love what you have done. It makes for an interesting card, something a little different and that is always a good thing, I think. It does sound like it's a bit fiddly to do but i will be having a go as I think that without the flowers this would make a great man's card : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever! Need to re-read your instructions Can we have a video It would help someone that's all fingers and thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, A lovely card, and a cue for a beautiful Lionel Richie song (Hello).
    I'm so loving what you have compiled here, it is great that you have got to use the 'waste' too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Love this die and the flowers, and although using the waste is incredibly creative, I'm not sure that I like it with this die.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely fabulous card John. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, a fantastic card love how you used the waste as well which we don't always think to do.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm very thrifty....l love to use up all my scrap bits!

    Love this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE this card John, Sadly I don't have the Hello die, I think it will have to be next

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, a beautiful card. Think its fantastic how you've used the waste aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, I do love the cornflowers, so pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW John, this is awesome - I like the use of the cutaways (don't like calling them "waste"). Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, this card is very clever, using the waste to create a negative. Saw you use this technique when you were on the POTD shows on C&C. Love the colour scheme on this card and especially the little leaves peeping out from behind the larger mat. The flowers are gorgeous, must get some more inks and have a try.
    Blessings all - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John - love the card, although I am not sure about the negative!! I struggled to work it out until I read your post and then could see it in the top photo which is at an angle but really struggling with the other photos - possibly just me!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John
    What a wonderful card. I'd have to have a go at using the negatives to see whether I like it in the flesh so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this design John and the clever use of the negative die. A lovely card and such a pretty colour. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, nice card love the cornflowers very pretty. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  27. another fab card today, simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. fantastic card ,great flowers ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty and immaculate work !

    ReplyDelete