Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 28 May 2015

Greece in Lilac...

Happy Thursday,

I thought I should lighten things up and give a proper description for this card.  I had tried to put a link on yesterday to the demo of the card I made to the C&C America site but sorry it just didn't work!

I started with lilac foundation card and the Santorini die from the Greek Island collection.  I cut cot the first piece using the outside and inside die form the set and used the filigree section as well to make the detailed frame.  Next I cut a plain mat using the outside die in coconut white card  I then stuck the frame over the top and placed the next detailed filigree die in the space (by adding the frame first it allows you to place the next die in the exact place.  I die cut this and then added the sentiment, stamped on lilac card and cut with the centre die, with foam tape on top.

Next I foam mounted the piece over a mat again cut with the outline die in lilac however I mounted this with 2 layers of foam tape for extra depth adding a strip of orchid ribbon between the layers.





I embossed a piece of coconut card using the fine finials embossing folder and rubbed enchanted gold gilding wax over the raised area.  I buffed off the wax with a dry wet wipe to shine upon the piece.  I made a frame using a piece of lilac and white card and floated the centre piece over the aperture.  I then foam mounted this over the embossed piece and added a double bow, in the same matching ribbon, and added a couple of stick pins I made using pearls from the new stick pins elements set and a lilac dazzler.

Finally I mounted the whole piece onto a couple of layers of lilac and white.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions craft dies by Sue Wilson
Santorini
Lilac and coconut white foundation card
Orchid double sided satin ribbon
stick pin elements 
CE A4 embossing folder fine finials

Enjoy...










34 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A lovely card thank you, Have fun and take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, another stunner today, you spoil us you know. love the colours and the elements that you have used.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, John. I have been looking at your blog for some time and finally got round to working out how to comment! Sorry it has taken so long. I hope to get to one of your workshops in Kettering before too long.

    This is a lovely card suitable for so many occasions.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello John, this card is really beautiful, such lovely elements put together in a stunning design. Have a great day with the workshops. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Gorgeous card! Thanks for the tip about getting the central die in the right place!
    Best wishes. Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and my colour too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see a comment from Anne! We hope to do one of your workshops together.
    Really pretty card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card-so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, gorgeous card and love the colour.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John, What a beauty again !love the design and the colour too ,stunning!! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, A lovely card. Enjoy your day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning John lovely design and colours love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, I love lilac so this is just perfect.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card I like how you've created the filigree piece Just wonder if my machine could cope with 2 layers of card That makes 480gsm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    Card is stunning, the colour is perfect!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card and colours, love lilac.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Gorgeous card today, I love the colours. Will have to give this one a try, when I've finished making this baby book and quilt. I'm running out of time just over 4 weeks and haven't started the quilt, only just started the baby book lol.
    Have a great card, I keep telling everyone about you and your blog and what wonderful cards you do.
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  18. Meant to say have a great day, came out as card lol predictive text on the iPad lol
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card John. I love the background embossing and the die cuts are so pretty. Great idea to put the ribbon in between the two layers of tape - I would never have thought of that! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Lovely card albeit I would make it in a different colour as not a lilac person. But that's just me. The way you've used the dies and background is gorgeous.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, love the colours and focal point, must try gilding wax, I have it but it's not to hand, I will rectify this at the weekend. Enjoy your morning. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    My favourite colours have been used on this card. Love the dies and how you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not too many different dies used - so like that. Not too sure about the colour of the ribbon - when I try something similar might try off-white.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, another really pretty card, just love the colour combination
    Wendyx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a lovely card. I love it.
    Greetings from sunny Faroe Islans.
    (not often I get to say that) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty card John, and I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card John the colours look fab. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card John. I may well steal this design if you don't mind. X

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful card John Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John another gorgeous card today, very pretty and love lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another fab card John xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi John, such a beautiful card again, love the colour you have used.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete