Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 7 May 2015

Feeling Noble and Majestic...

Happy Thursday,

Well I'm sure you all know by now my love of the noble dies I was so happy that Sue designed a new shape for the noble range this ornate shape which comes in three different styles which are perfect for layering!

I stared with the ornate pierced die and using the largest die in the set I made a card black.  By using the die i got the advantage of the beautiful shape, embossing and piercing all the way around my my card blank.  I then added the filigree section and die cut this int the front of the card only.

To make the glittered lilac layer I die cut a piece of lilac foundation card wit the largest and the centre shaped die form the set.  I also added a sheet of double sided adhesive to the piece before cutting.  I layered the largest piece behind the filigree and added a sprinkling of Diamond Sprinkles to the adhesive hat shows through the filigree section.

I then die cut the centre filigree section from the Lavish accented noble die set using the matching outline die.  I added this to the smaller piece of the lilac with the adhesive and again added diamond sprinkles to the visible adhesive.  I hen cut the smallest die in this set and foam mounted all the pieces together.

To make the topper I cut 2 of the new maidenhair fern dies in the lilac and added dusty concord distress ink to colour the edges.  I then cut one of the new majestic butterflies in lilac and 2 in coconut white then cut into one of the white butterflies as these are designed to be cut down to make a smaller butterfly.  I then altered them up with the smallest on the top.  Finally i layered these onto the fern die cut and placed the whole topper on the card.  To decorate I added pearl PVA riots around the frame and on the points of the butterflies.

This is a die cut heavy card however the colours really compliment making it look less complicated than it is.  I know that not everyone will use as many layers as I have here however there are ideas that I hope that you can  take some ideas form this one!





Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Noble Ornate Pierced Design 
Noble lavish Accented design
Maidenhair fern
Majestic Butterfly
Lilac & coconut white foundation card
Diamond Sprinkles
Creative Expressions Double sided adhesive sheets

Enjoy...








38 comments:

  1. Morning John, I think this is a fantastic card I love all the layers and colour
    it is gorgeous will definately be trying to replicate this one.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A beautiful card thank you. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card....the ideas are now stored in my computer (up top) ...brain is overstocked with your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. morning john, one word fantastic

    Have a happy day everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card. One to try.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow John what a card love the colours I have the original noble dies so this will have to go on my wish list too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello John, such a lovely card, really showcases the dies, thanks for sharing your ideas, they are very inspiring. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,

    Stunning card, I adore the Noble dies and you have showcased this one perfectly.

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the noble dies too it is so great to be able to make your own card blanks and the piercing is an added bonus. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-thats a wonderful card. Love all the layers you have used.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John a "riot of pearls" what an apt expression! Interesting use of all the dies love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, Wow what a fantastic card in gorgeous colours!I have ordered the majestic butterfly isn't it amazing! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the noble dies and the butterfly is lovely , great card John!
    Have a good day,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! So many layers but I love it! Mind you for the type of cards ai make (flat for posting) it wouldn't work but I will be pinching ideas from it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John a very pretty card, I do love the noble dies and these new shaped ones are stunning, I think I can remember how you cut the folded card with a noble die from a CE programme! very clever. Will be pinning this one. Crafty hugs to all, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Exquisite!! I wouldn't mind finding out how you cut the card shape with the noble dies? When I cut a shaped card I always get marks on the back of the card!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi aliens
      Email John and ask him. He showed me at Ally Pally how to make cards out of dies. I've also emailed and asked him about other things as well.

      Delete
  17. Eh up John
    Gosh. What a layer fest. Perhaps a soupçon too much pearlage on the butterflies for me but still a very attractive card matey.
    Enjoy your workshop.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, and I am glad the new Noble dies work as card blanks too. A tad too many butterfly and leaf layers for me, but still very pretty
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John,
    A tat too busy for me but I do love the layers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think its super, but I can''t afford the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the idea here John but I would use less layers and pearl dots. The colour is beautiful and the butterfly die is stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    This Noble shape is fantastic. I love the way you've showed how every layer looks. Of course we couldn't send this card through the post as it would be to heavy. Love how each layer looks though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    oh this is so superb.
    I love it.
    Superb designing, and wonderful colours used.
    Really beautiful butterfly as well.
    A real treat for anybody that receives it.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is very lilacy pretty for you mate, I love it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card love these new dies thankyou john for your great ideas
    jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, My love for the Noble dies continues with these gorgeous shaped Nobles, they are fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow John - love the techniques but a little bit busy for me!! sorry!!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW another stunning card and I love the way you use the die to get
    shape the card, I definitely must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, love the noble die range, really like the colours used in today's card very pretty. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John,
    Love the general idea and the colours, but there is just a layer or two too much for me - sorry - but I bet it's stunning in real life.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, wow stunning card, love the colours.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is fab. colours are gorgeous.
    Thank you John
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, love the idea here and the colours. I would not use so many layers. But that would be my choice. The concept is great Thank you, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the shape of this die makes a great card .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card John ..... just love this card. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete