Friday, 22 May 2015

Blue Friday...

Happy Friday,

After Blue Thursday I couldn't not show blue today even though I should of changed the colour!  Todays card is made as a team effort at my demo in Strikes garden centre in Blackpool.  The ladies were asking me how to apply the pearl PVA in dots so I cut the Lattice diagonal die (as it has a perfect place for the pearl dots join the lattice, and got them to do a row each!  I think they did very well and as you can see for the card got better with each row.  I didn't want to waste their hard work so I made the piece into this card whilst there!

I used the same etchniqure as yesterday to make the frame however this time I didn't add the double sided adhesive I just cut a blue filigreed frame and a plain coconut white frame and set them on top of each other.  I then cut the smallest die and filigree section from the die set and set this in the centre adding foam tape to each panel.

I die cut the smallest frame die in the set in the sky blue without the filigree section and stamped the sentiment, from my butterfly dreams clear stamp set, in black archival ink.  I made a frame using the outside die and the insert and added this above.

next I embossed a piece of coconut white card using the new fantails A5 sized embossing folder.  This was to show how this folder can be extended to cover a larger piece.  I rubbed pearl moon gilding wax over the piece and added it rot a card base made with layers of the sky blue and coconut white.

Finally I added a messy bow, made with the help of 2 fingers form one of the ladies, and added it with a dazzler over the lattice.

I hope you don't mind me showing this group effort!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek Island collection Rhodes
lattice Diagonal
JL stamps butterfly Dreams
Sky Blue & coconut white foundation card
pearl moon gilding wax
cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA

I am starting on a heavy weekend today by filming at Create and Craft for their US channel,  I am doing the weekender on for the U.S. tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday night along with a demo at the strikes garden centre in Congleton tomorrow, so wish me luck! lol

Enjoy...


36 comments:

  1. Morning John , a beautiful card today, I knew I would be sorry missing your day at Strikes a couple of weeks ago but I was working. I have spoken to the girls who work there and they said it was a fabulous day, very busy! Good luck with the filming for the US C&C programme, have a great week-end. Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card John!
    I really must invest in sues slanted dies.
    Good luck with your hectic schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, a truly elegant card today, I really like the way this as turned out, got to try it.

    Take a bit of time if you can in your busy weekend to chill out, don't worry, you will be fine and they will love you as much as we all do.

    Enjoy your Friday, Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, a beautiful card and well done ladies.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    Great team work, Wow Create and Craft get their pound of flesh. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John, a really lovely card, great team work, have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'committee' card! My, you have come such a long way since returning to the UK. I must have been a bit of a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, love the design.

    You sound like you have an extremely busy weekend ahead so good luck, not that you will need it, just talk a bit slower so they understand you lol!

    Have a great time

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card & hope the weekend isn't too busy for you.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card John and the group certainly got the hang of the pearl drops quicker than I did.
    Good luck for your busy weekend
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. What a good idea to show people how to use the pearl dots. Your weekend sounds frantic.It should be fun though. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, A very beautiful card again and love the blue colour.You sure have a hectic
    weekend! Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a very beautiful card ,i just love all those pearls ...
    enjoy your weekend.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card John, love that trellis, I think Val has it so I will have to borrow it LOL.

    Have fun this weekend, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John,
    Lovely card, the pearl dots are the finishing touch.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John,
    Love it, there's no such thing as too much blue!!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card I love how you've let the ladies have a go at doing the pearls As yet I've not been brave enough to try doing a "row" paved pearl is my limit at mo
    Enjoy your hectic w/end!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John,
    Another fab card in wonderful blue. Hope you enjoy your busy weekend.
    Love Janet x
    from Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John. Love this card especially the way you have turned the larger of the die cuts on it's side, a great idea I will be trying : ) I hope your weekend goes well, you are busy aren't you! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Didn't they do well? A great idea to get people involved and then use their efforts to make a card. Love the design John, very C&S and a lovely shade of blue. Have a great weekend everyone. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, You are definitely a busy boy this weekend, enjoy.
    A beautiful combined effort on this card, and well done all.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John, Beautiful card, never get tired of seeing blue! Have a good weekend,
    thanks for sharing, Love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another pale and beautiful card. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck John, for your "heavy weekend" - you're turning into a proper star, aren't you? I only wish I could watch you on the US shows but alas, my freeview tuner doesn't allow me to ............
    Card is lovely, am seriously thinking about getting that particular diagonal, too.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to create and craft.com you can watch the American shows Rose

      Delete
  25. Super card John and your ladies have done you proud with their pearls. Well we all knew you were a star but going global is another matter!! Hope you enjoy the weekend but have some time to relax love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, lovely card an the ladies did really well with the glue dots. Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John
    The ladies did really well with the glue dots. I love the card that you made to finish off their efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    I am blown away with this lovely creation today.
    Those pearly dots are a work of art on it.
    Great design as always.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John your cards are really beautiful, you really inspire!! Bye for now Susan Dunn (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Another gorgeous card today and I love the look of the pearl dots
    on the diagonal die as it brings out the design.
    Good luck with all of the shows and demos sounds like you are going
    to have a very busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card John ,love it great use of dies ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your group effort card - wow you are a busy bee I bet you sometimes forget where you are supposed to be!! Good Luck with the filming for the U.S. channel and enjoy your demo day xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete