Thursday, 30 April 2015

Twisted Lilac...

Happy Thursday,

Just a quick message to all those wonderful Bloggers and followers who have asked about my stamp range.  The too talented Julia Watts has opened an online shop and is stocking them as well as a small stock of the Daisy Corner set form my first designs.  Julia is offering 10% off until the 4th May so give her a visit by clicking HERE.

I have called this card and post Twisted Lilac because I have used Sue's wonderful weaving dies however when framing the piece to make the card I have twisted the design so that the weave goes diagonally and not straight.

I stared by die cutting 2 each of the classic and striped weaving dies 2 classic in white and 2 striped in lilac foundation card.  IO then wove them together using the small strips from the striped set stuck over the individual pieces form the classic die.  This gives a different look and also allows you to make a different pattern.  I have been playing with these dies and have found that by altering the colours you can make paper versions of different fabrics (i am working on a Tartan for reveal next week I hope!)



To make the frame I die cut the Caribbean background using just the largest piece from the set (some of the more detailed background have been made in parts so that you can get maximum detail and flexibility) in coconut white foundation card.  Whilst in the die I cut the oval out using my craft knife by running it along the edge of the die.  This gives me the detailed frame with an oval aperture cut form the centre.  I trimmed around the piercing on the edge of the background die.  I mounted this onto a piece of the lilac card and again trimmed away the goal in the centre using my knife.  I always think it is fun to look at what else you can do with your ides and I often use some the the no cutting edges as a guide for cutting either by drawing around them or using them as a template to cut with my scalpel.






Next I added this frame of the woven pattern twisting the pattern so that I runs diagonally cutting off the excess around the edges.  I then simply added a couple of mats and layers of the coconut white and lilac  to frame this.

It make the sentiment panel I simply used the middle die from the pierced flags die set which doesn't have a cutting line of the straight edge and turned to die to cut a double ended flag.  I added some of the new CE self adhesive pearl strips in white however i cut between the 2 lines on the strip and added one strip to each side.  I then die cut the best wishes die in lilac card onto which I had added a piece of double sided adhesive sheet and sugared the finished cut with Iced snow.  To finish the card I added a piece of the lilac embossed with the CE A4 embossing folder fine finials onto which I rubbed enchanted gold gilding wax.  I then, as always, added a few layers of the same colours to frame the piece and finish the card.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Weaving dies Classic and Striped
Caribbean background
Pierced Flags
Best Wishes expressions die
CE A4 embossing folder Fine Finials
Cosmic Shimmer enchanted gold gilding wax
Lilac & coconut white foundation card
Iced show

Enjoy...

46 comments:

  1. Morning John, I am gobsmacked with this card today, I absolutely love, love, love it I have made quite a few of the weaving sets but not this way so will have to try it, the colours are gorgeous, oh all of it is stunning. thanks for sharing with us.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Beautiful thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, absolutely love today's card The way you put the weaving piece on the diagonal is brilliant. Once again you have gone outside the box. Will have to start looking at my dies in different ways to use them. Keep coming with all the inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card John, but then I usually love your creations! Don't often leave a comment but think I might from now on as we all need a little bit of encouragement from time to time and I really appreciate all the work that goes into sharing a blog. So thanks for sharing, I honestly look forward to your reading your blog everyday, Love Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, this card is another winner, especially the woven piece placed diagonally, really gives a very different look. Lovely colours too. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning John, absolutely gorgeous card the more you show cards with the weaving die the more I love them haven't got them yet but I definitely will now.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card John made with lovely colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card John, love the colour, looking forward to meeting you at the glitter pot on Saturday, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    A lovely care and the colours are wonderful together, I don't know where you get your ideas from. I ordered from Julia's site yesterday I didn't see the stamp you used on yesterday's card, but will go back and have another look.
    Thanks again for all your inspiration. Oh by the way I spent yesterday putting my dies in books not quite like yours are stored but a similar idea, I had to improvise. Makes it easier to get the dies when I need them and not struggle getting them in and out of the packaging all the time.

    Thanks again for the idea
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,

    Stunning card, love hoe you have twisted the weave. On my PC you cannot see the sentiment very well but it does look like Best Wishes rather than Believe but I did say you can hardly make it out, perhaps a darker Purple rather than Lilac would have made it stand out more but then its probably a combination of my computer and my poor eye sight lol! Whatever it is gorgeous.

    Have a great day

    Love &hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card John ,must take these weaving dies out of the package and try look stunning <Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card John. Lovely colour.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card today-so much detail & so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    what a beautiful card - I LOVE those weaving dies and can't wait for your tartan masterpiece. Love the diagonal look, too.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card..you always seem to find that extra twist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, Beautiful card, thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning John such a difference when you place the weaving diagonally looks really effective. Love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card in my favourite card making colour too Will take a look at Julia's site later

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, Love this card it's so pretty and the way you used the die is gorgeous.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John,
    Absolutely fabulous, I simply adore the weaving dies, and hope you manage the tartan!!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John, beautiful card today. Love the diagonal weave and the colour is gorgeous. Must add the waeving dies to my wish list. Really liking the double ended flag too. Have a great day, blessings - Deb C xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning John,
    A gorgeous card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning John
    Stunning card, I love this weave die and I will go to Julia's shop now to look at your stamps
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning John, My favourite colours and my favourite weaving dies, it's a definite 'Yes' from me !! I love how you have twisted the weaving die-cuts, very effective.
    Lotsof love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card John and the colours are stunning. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning! Love how you've twisted the weaving dies

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John, I love this card, and the slight variation on the weaving die looks fab. The colours are great too. Thank you for mentioning Julia's new shop, it's set out beautifully and great opening offers. Have a great day X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    wow this is different and I love it!
    Have a nice day
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John
    What a lovely card, and such a novel way to use the weaving dies. It makes it look totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Eh up John
    Lilac always a winner for me. Genius twisting the woven background. The sentiment is not showing up on my screen either but it all looks gorgeous!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh John this is absolutely stunning and what a difference twisting
    the pattern round makes.
    I love the colour you have used too, you can never go wrong with lilac lol.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Words can't do this card justice, it is just so beautiful. Great idea to twist the woven background and to cut out the oval whilst in the die, as for the colour it's fab. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a gorgeous card, John.
    Love, love the colour and have some on order.
    Great look with the twisted weaving :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John,
    another really stunning creation today.
    I love that you have turned the weave die cuts, and what a stroke of genius, as usual.
    Fab colour choice.
    Will pop along to Julia's shop shortly.
    So thank you for the info.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello John,

    Stunning card today. Like how you turned your weaving on the diagonal, gives an entirely different look to the card. A also like how you use an embossed layer between your plain layers. I like that look. Great job as usual.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi John, beautiful card, wonderful colour.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card and although not a lover of lilac I think this card looks fab - love the offset weaving too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi John

    What an absolutely stunning piece if work. Pinning this baby because it's amazing. Can't wait to see paper tartan! :-D

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John, love this card and the offset weaving very nice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi john I love how you have changed the direction of the weaving looks great,love the colours. Lynda Brock xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi John, I have just found your blog an wanted to say hello, love the way you have done the weaving very pretty.Take Care Melody x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi John, this card is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is really clever and effective. Love the colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is really clever and effective. Love the colours too xx

    ReplyDelete