Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Tuesday Technique...

Happy Tuesday,

I thought I should try to return to my format of showing a technique on a Tuesday as I feel things have got little messy recently with my schedule being quite busy!  Today I thought it would be fun to go over what can be achieved with the Gemini range of dies. here I have used the Perseus I really like the way these dies have 2 separate outline dies one for each edge.  This means that you can achieve loads of different looks with just one set.  Here I have used the centre section of the Perseus die and the cutting edge that has the droplet on it together to make the main lilac panel  Then I have used just the droplet outline (so called by me as it has a droplet on the bottom like a teardrop)







I started by cutting the filigree and edge die from lilac card. I then cut just the edge from coconut white card next I embossed the white card with the A4 embossing folder Tartan Trellis.  Next I rubbed graceful lilac gilding wax over the raised area and buffed it up using  dry wet wipe.

Next I added a strip of CE double sided adhesive sheet to the back go the lilac card and sprinkled diamond snow over the front so that it fills the apertures.  Next I added small dots pf PVA pearl (cosmic Shimmer) on all the points of the filigree (the brilliant thing about Sue's dies is there are places on the die cuts to put pearls on).

I then cut the lilac piece into a wedge shape and foam mounted it over the embossed panel making sure that the bottom edge is offset so that the layers show.  I then added a strip of orchid satin ribbon where the lilac joins the white adding a bow and a couple of hat pins I made with the new stick pin elements range from Creative Expressions.


Finally I added a die cut Enjoy in lac which I mounted on a white die cut which I sugared with more of the diamond snow.

Hopefully I have shown you a different way to use your gemini dies!





Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Gemini Perseus Die
Expressions die Enjoy
Lilac & Coconut white foundation card
Diamond Snow
Gracefull Lilac gilding wax

Enjoy...


44 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    A beautiful card and great tips. Thank you take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, well I certainly have 'enjoy'ed this card today, it is gorgeous and I am going to have a play but I know mine will not be as good as yours.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy everyone, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,

    Fabulous card today, love the design. These dies are gorgeous I must say.

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of crafting tips here which could be used with a whole range of dies I guess. A lovely card. Thank you.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, another awesome card, especially with the xxx Gemini die, they can be used in so many ways, lovely colours too. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh up John
    You and Sue were thinking alike today.
    Very pretty card. The Gemini is fab and love a bit of lilac.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, a fabulous card and great tips love this die Sue used it too great minds think alike.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb work, Well Done .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Thank you for explaining the technique. I love learning new things. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card-lots to like on it.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely , clever card John!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John, lovely card John and I like the way you used the Gemini die .Take Care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Plain and fancy both at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning John,
    A really lovely card. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lydia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Beautiful card, love the Gemini dies, Thanks for sharing!
    love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Others have already Sao that Sue's card today has same Gemini die so I won't mention it OK! But how different do they look! I love my Gemini die and will certainly be adding more to my collection

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    Love this card. The Gemini die looks like the bottom of a chandelier how you've done it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John
    Stunning, simply stunning
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John,
    It really is a beautiful card, simply love the gemini die, you have made it look absolutely fabulous!!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John, so pretty and teardrop explains it so neatly. I don't have any of these dies and told myself I don't need them but I'm beginning to change my mind. Been onto Sew Simple this morning and they said won't need a ticket as indicated on CE blog. So you will have at least one person in the audience! Looking forward to seeing you on the 9th, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi

    Loved today's cardz Julia, I see you will not be at the Glitter Pot this weekend after all xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like this layout, it makes good use of such a lovely die
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    you use the die and EF to such good effect. I LOVE the insert of the Perseus, and all the little pearls you have added. Lovely card.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't have that die John, but I have something similar. I do love the diagonal, as asymmetric designs appeal to me, lots.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning John, A very beautiful card, gorgeous colours and gorgeous die-cut techniques.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, absolutely beautiful card!!!!!
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John. Love this card. The Gemini dies are great aren't they and Perseus is really pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John - lovely card - not one of my favourite colours but can be done in any colour combo to suit xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John
    I have a thing about lilac. It's lovely
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi John
    I have a thing about lilac. It's lovely
    love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Like the way you used the die, very pretty, love the colour, thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutley beautiful card, and I love the effect the gilding wax gives to the embossed area.
    I am definately going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi John, what a stunning card love the lilac shade. I would be over the moon if I received such a beautiful coloured Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOOPS ....... Should read - Beautiful coloured Card,

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning design and colour John. The Perseus die looks amazing & I love the way you've embossed just part of the background, very effective. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I might have to purchase this die. xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another beautiful card, really like the Pereous die, think it will have to be added onto my ever growing IWant list:) Thanks for the "tips" Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  38. gorgeous card ,lovely border die ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi John

    Absolutely stunning. I love the droplets and the diamond sparkle together. So pretty. Alos love the embossing poking out from under the diagonal mat.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi John

    Absolutely stunning. I love the droplets and the diamond sparkle together. So pretty. Alos love the embossing poking out from under the diagonal mat.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi John

    Absolutely stunning. I love the droplets and the diamond sparkle together. So pretty. Alos love the embossing poking out from under the diagonal mat.

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful card John, gave me inspiration to try my take on it but not sure I like mine. This is gorgeous tho! x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended BTC exchanges (Bitcoin for Currency):
    Coinbase: $1 min. transaction
    CoinMama

    Get free Bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    BEST Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete