Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Tuesday Already?

Happy Tuesday,

I can't believe its Tuesday Bank holidays always seem to throw me out somehow lol.  Today's card is another one made with the colour combination that I used last week by accident and loved.  This combination of Sky Blue and Taupe foundation card just looks so fresh, I thought it was appropriate as I don't know what the weather was like yesterday where you are but here it was a lovely day really spring like!

I started by die cutting he Scandinavian background in the sky blue using bother the background and the centre oval die.  Then cut a large border(2.5cm) around the piece.  I then cut the centre panel from the die in the centre of a piece of the taupe card.  I then foam mounted the blue over this and hand cut a 1/2cm bored around the blue piece.

The remainder of this card is very simple.  I layered the blue and taupe in 2 sets foam mounting as I went making sure that each blue piece matched the size of the border around the background piece.

To finish I added an array of pearl glue dots using cosmic shimmer pearl PVA and a triple bow using a;piece of grosgrain ribbon from my stash.  The centre is a dazzler setting with one of the new pale blue dazzlers in the centre.  I made a couple of stick pins using the stick pin elements set from Creative Expressions and finished.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Sky Blue and Taupe Foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA
Dazzler setting and pale blue dazzler
Stick pin elements white pearl & blue teardrop beads

Enjoy...

42 comments:

  1. Morning John, what a lovely card to greet us with this morning, I don't have these dies so looks like they will be on my list at Ali Pali this weekend, it looks so pretty.

    Enjoy your Tuesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card john.....you must have a lot of patience putting all the pearls on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card ! Has to be one of my favourites !

    Hugs,
    Rose
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John. What a gorgeous card today, beautiful colours, I love it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John, another gorgeous creation, love the colour combo, have to try it. There are so many die sets I would love to have, but having spent the day last Thursday sorting out my dies, I need to lay off a bit :-( Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, very delicate & great colour combination.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning John, Beautiful card love the colours, will be having a go at this one as I have this die set. Thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also like this colour combo John , lovely delicate card,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John
    Well you, Sue and Julia are all on the blue theme today - just love your card
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John
    These card is gorgeous. I just love this colour combination. It looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John,
    Lovely card, really liking this colour combination.
    Weather in Edinburgh was gorgeous all weekend, a bit cooler this morning tho.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card John. I love the colours and the bow is so pretty.
    love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    what a pretty card - you are right, the colours are fresh and spring like. Love the background dies, one can do so much with them.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John, A stunning card with fabulous combination of colours and die-cuts, stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,a stunning card today and the colours make it look very elegant,Take care JaneB.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    Fabulous card, fabulous colours I guess I think today's card is FABULOUS! 😊
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, beautiful card and the combination of colours is lovely,
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card John, love the colour combination and the design.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another lovely creation I so need to see the CE card and the colours seem to avry so much on screen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card today John. Just love this colour combo. It is so effective. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. fab card John ,love all the layers Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this gorgeous design and the colour combo is just fab. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely card - will have a go sometime.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card John, and today has been even better, weather wise, than yesterday was. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eh up John
    Pure, simple and refined. Lovely colour combo which adds to the elegance.
    Beautiful day here yesterday and today.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is the first die of Sue Wilsons that I bought but I have never thought of using it portrait. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card and love this colour combo a fab happy accident xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765607620964/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another great card. The colour combo is lovely.. vintage feel to me.
    Love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another great card. The colour combo is lovely.. vintage feel to me.
    Love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are right, it is a great colour combination. And I love all the perals, perfect finishing.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi John, BEAUTIFUL CARD Love the colours you have used, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  35. Evening John.
    A really simple and elegant design. Good colour combo. Thanks
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  36. A beautiful card John for a beautiful day. Once the mist had cleared we got to 18c here in Cardiff. The blue and taupe looks a lovely combination and one I must try. x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi John Thank you take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely stunning, and love the gorgeous bow too x

    ReplyDelete