Sunday, 19 April 2015

Sunday Stamping...

Happy Sunday,

It was brilliant to meet so many people yesterday at Daisies don't forget we are doing it all over again today!  Today's card is a simple stamped card perfect for a lazy sunday which I won't be having this week either!

I stated by stamping the rose trellis triplet stamp successively down a sheet of pink card from my stash with perfect medium.  I them dusted pearlescent mica powder across the stamped area.  Perfect medium makes the mica adhere to the stamped image and on a deep shade gives a beautiful shine as well as looking like a watermark.  I cut this piece into a panel and added it to a 18x18cm square of coconut white foundation card which I had matted onto vintage silver foundation card (I am kind of running a pink, white and silver theme this week as we all do when we get crafting!)


Next I stamped the rose bud from the rose bud elements stamp set on to the pink and heat set it with cosmic shimmer detail silver embossing powder adding a sentiment from the same set.  I then cut it out using the centre die from the Sue Wilson Caribbean collection background die.  I matted it onto a piece of silver foundation card and hand cut a border around it.

To make the medallion I die cut a piece of vintage silver foundation card and drew around the outside of the die as this die is an inset and doesn't cut around it.  It is then easy to cut the shape using a pair of scissors.  I then added this to a pice of the pink card and cut the pink card along the line of the silver. Finally I added PVA pearls around the frame, this die gives you a little circle to place the glue dots on which means you can't get them in the wrong place! A simple 21x21cm card blank with a layer of coconut white just finishes the piece.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Caribbean collection Background
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps - Rosebud Elements by me! 
Cosmic Shimmer detail silver embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer Deep Rose PVA Pearls
Vintage silver foundation card
Pink card from my stash!

Enjoy...

30 comments:

  1. Morning John, a very bold card today, live the die you have used as well.

    Have a happy Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a very dramatic card today maybe in a different colour way would appeal to me better. I forgot to check in yesterday(an age thing) but I loved the card with your new heart stamp it was gorgeous can't wait to see you demo the dies on C&C looking forward to your shoes.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello John thank you for the hello just looking for someone to help me with my blog I was write on it but I cant up load pictures or art from my PC to the blog and dont know why ..thanks....MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rose stamp is very pretty but not sure about all the pink.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card John , love the design,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Love the stamps, but unsure of colour.
    Glad you had a great day yesterday.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh up John
    Im getting bright red card with pink pearl dots so I will have to use my imagination lol.
    Love the design. Would make a great Valentines card.
    You're not the only one working today but at least you'll be having fun lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, a really lovely card today, love the medallion offset on the side. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card & lovely stamping.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning John,
    Another lovely card using your gorgeous stamps. Love it.
    Hope you have another grand day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the concept but the pink colour looks exceedingly dark on my screen So it needs to be in a different colour for me too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I LOVE the colour here. Simple design, but outstanding detail
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, a lovely card .love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Lovely card today. I love your stamp sets and dies you gave used. I have this coloured card but wasn't quite sure whether to use it or jot. I'll team it with cream to see wht it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful John. Hope you have another enjoyable day.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, super, but I think I'd stamp the rose on white so I could colour it in. (Just got all the Sectrun Noirs pencils, so I'm wanting to colour in EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Beautiful card and one even for males (those awkward recipients LOL).
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Sunday
    stamp is lovely
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Sunday
    stamp is lovely
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, it was great meeting you yesterday, sorry we couldn't stay until the end, but we are looking forward to attending one of your workshops. I bought the rose trellis stamp yesterday and just love this card. I think I might try to do one like this later today. You are an inspiration
    Maggie in Solihull

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John, lovely elegant card.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John this is a gorgeous card I love the stamping. I hope you had a great day today just like yesterday. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John
    another really great creation today.
    Wonderful colour, and beautiful stamping too.
    crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John ,a very pretty card today and nice stamping too Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John - another fab card and love the double effect panel in the front of the card and the lovely sentiment too - glad you had a good demo day xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. great card John,love the pink ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you enjoyed today as much as yesterday John. Today's card is lovely although a much stronger colour than you normally use. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John

    Great idea using the striplet stamp stacked one un top of the other to make a background, nice easy layout that looks fabulous.

    Hope you had a fun day. Lucky customers seeing such great crafters in action!

    Hugs

    T x

    ReplyDelete