Sunday, 26 April 2015

Sunday Stamping Double...

Happy Sunday,

back to some nice stamping today and here I have featured one of the new Stamps to Die For form Creative expressions.  I was lucky enough to draw this stamp for Sue and as a die cutter the ability to stamp and image that fit exactly the dies is fantastic, I can merger both my loves, stamping and die cutting!

This image is called Cabbage Rose and is designed to fit in the outline die form the St Lucia die set meaning you can use it for apertures that can frame the image, as I have done in the first card.  Alternative you can use the die to cut your stamped image to mount it on the top of a card as I have in the second card or cut the image out for it to be mounted.


For this first card I have stamped the image in archival back ink then heat em,bossed it with detail clear embossing powder.  I then coloured the image using the new Mica Iridescent watercolour palettes using the carnival set.  I then cut and parterre using the outline die from the St Lucia die set in ruby red and foam mounted this over the top.  The reminder of the card is made using the same ruby foundation card, back foundation card and the border and corner, cut in the black, form the Greek Island set.

The second card is made in the alternate method I stamped the image, using just the Archival black ink directly onto ruby foundation card.  I then cut the image out and added Creative Expressions clear varnish Lacquer to give a raised effect.

I made the rest of the card by embossing another piece of the ruby with the A4 wild roses embossing folder.  I then rubbed midnight gilding wax over the surface and buffed it off with a dry wet wipe to soften the black and make it shine!

Finally I added a piece of the matching satin ribbon and a bow made with the narrow ribbon that comes in the set.  I added a couple of hat pins and a dazzler setting which I had filled with the clear lacquer.

A dramatic colour scheme and I know not everyone will like the Ruby and Black but its nice to see some brightness sometimes!


Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Caribbean Collection St Lucia
Stamps to Die for cabbage Rose
Creative Expressions A4 embossing folders Wild Roses
Ruby Red & Black foundation card
Midnight gilding wax
CE Clear Varnish Lacquer
CE Satin Ribbon pack Scarlet

Enjoy...

29 comments:

  1. Morning John, rich and vibrant colours for todays card, very warming indeed on this wet and miserable Sunday.

    Have a great Sunday even though it is raining hard today. Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    Thank you love the drama of these cards. Take care. Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 very dramatic cards today John, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two different techniques today, using the same stamp and die, thank you so much for the inspiration. Hope you had a great day yesterday at Strikes Cleveleys, really sad that I was working and could not get there:( Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very rich lookimg card and I really do like this sentiment xx hopefully a day off for you today - enjoy what is left of the weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    two very different and superb creations made with the same lovely stamp.
    You are so clever, and a wonderful designer.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning John, love that stamp!
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello John, 2 great cards today, love the rich red, and the stamp is lovely. Have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, two fab. cards today very opulent. Hope manage a rest today it is another gorgeous day here (in Scotland) hope you get to enjoy it.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning John a super stamp you have designed and the red and black certainly brightens up this dull and dreary morning. Have a good day love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John,
    What a fabulous stamp, I think it will find it's way into my collection.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very bright today Love the concept I' a bit confused though The first card appears to have a small white border around the image whereas the second cut image doesn't show a white border Are there two cutting edges in the die set to achieve this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John,
    Love the design and the stamp is lovely. Sorry not too keen on the colours you have used I find it too overpowering.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eh up John
    I'm good with red and black. The second one grabs me more but both hit the top of the drama scale.
    Hope you're having a rest today.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John
    Both cards are stunning - love them
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning John both your cads are gorgeous I love the stamping and the colours are lush. I have made a card inspired by the demo I saw you do at Ally Pally I have just popped it on my blog. http://tinyrosecr.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/scribble-and-scrap-challenge-43.html. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John, strikingly beautiful cards, love them.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jhn
    Two striking cards today. My favourite is the first card as you get to see more of the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John. I have had a lovely time catching upon all of your beautiful cards from the last week as I was away with no internet access! You have shown us some gorgeous cards and you certainly had a very busy week didn't you. I have yet to watch Sue's and your shows. They are waiting for when I attack my very large ironing pile! Two more great cards today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two great cards-this first is my favourite as the details on your stamp is much clearer.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning John, Beautiful design and stamp, to much red for me although it is a colour I love. Thanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This is wonderful. Love the colour scheme as it is so dramatic . I ordered the dies and stamps from the show so can't wait to start.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    both dramatic stunners with my favourite being the red and black card. That is such a brilliant colour combo (at least in my book, I use it quite a lot).
    Well done with drawing the stamp, it's so gorgeous.
    Your card/box yesterday was also stunning and I cannot imagine anyone saying they don't like the colour combo. The noble dies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,

    Two gorgeous cards, prefer the first one as too much Red in the second in the die cut, the sentiment does not show up so well, at least on my computer lol! But do love the Red & Black together, bit of Ooh la la!!!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. two great cards ,lovely stamping ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, Loving your two cards today, very decadent and gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,lovely cards today,love the red and black one.Take care ,Jane.B.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello John, lovely designs, I think the second one is my favourite, I have to say your matting and layering always looks so perfect.
    Hope you are enjoying your day, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous stamp John, it looks like another must have. Love both of your cards, the colour is really striking. Pat x

    ReplyDelete