Monday, 20 April 2015

Sneak Peak Monday...

Happy Monday,
I had a great weekend at daisies in Coventry, if you missed the demo weekend I have added a page to my blog listing where I am planned to be!  Just click on the Workshop and Demo day page above!

I thought it was time I stared to show some of the 50+ cards I have made for the Pick of the Day shows tomorrow on Create and Craft with Sue Wilson.  I feel really honoured to get to do some of the hours on Sue's shows so have probably made too many samples!  I have also prepped at least 12 demo's so there is a good choice I don't think Sue and I will get through them all somehow, especially as I know Sue has so many different things and demos to show us all!





Today's card is using my favourite from the Stamps to die for the current range the Glazed Tile stamp, I think its the repeating pattern that just cries out to be heat embossed and cut out with the matching Kefalonia Die from the Greek Collection.  I stared this card by stamping the image onto periwinkle foundation card and heat set it with true white detail embossing powder.  I then cut it out with the outline die form the Kefalonia set.  I then added a piece of the blue cut with the centre die from the set and added the sentiment, from my butterfly dreams set, stamped onto the Greek collection tag.

Next I cut the Greek border from the periwinkle and placed it onto wider strip of coconut white foundation card onto which I had put a strip pf Creative Expressions double sided adhesive sheet. I filled in the gap with the new large size of Mica Flakes in Midnight Blue which gives a stunning variation of shades and adds a really nice level of detail to the die cut rather than just a solid colour.


To make the card I embossed a piece of the white card using the scored lines 8x8 embossing folder however i cut this down to make a rectangular piece rather than the square.  I added the border and the stamped and die cut topper along with a seam binding bow.

A few layers of the blue and white and the card is finished.  Hopefully you can get the idea of cutting down the embossing folder from this picture.  I really like the way that the scored lines seem to point to the centre panel at the top, focusing the eye on the sentiment!

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Greek collection Corner, Border & Tag set
Kefalonia set
Butterfly dreams stamp set by me
Cosmic Shimmer True white detail embossing powder
Cosmic Shimmer Midnight Mica Flakes
Periwinkle and Coconut white foundation card
Seam Binding.

Enjoy...

36 comments:

  1. Hi John.
    Looking forward to the shows with Sue. Lovely card today, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, love todays card, with your permission please I would love to have a go at trying to do it myself.

    Looking forward to tomorrow's show

    Happy Monday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John. A very smart and stylish card. Lovely.
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really posh card John.....less is more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John, another great card today, and in a favourite colour combo, love the layout, will have to give this one a go. Will have to record the shows, as am travelling away for work. have a great day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card with nice style, love the border .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card-love everything about it!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty simple style, not too fussy. Love the dies and border in these colours. I hope I can catch some of tomorrow and Wednesday's shows.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I am looking forward to seeing you and Sue on the telly tomorrow. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card John, I really like the stamping and the embossing,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John,

    Beautiful card, love all the embossing and die cuts. Thanks for the reminder of Sue shows tomorrow.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    Beautiful card, the embossing folder is so useful, I'm pleased I got it, it's great for men's cards too. Looking forward to seeing your cards on the shows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, Beautiful card, love the ivy border in blue, looking forward to seeing you and Sue on TV, will be recording so I can keep all your tips! Thanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card John and I,m glad you have changed the date of TV 'cos 30th is when I fly, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card ai like the pop of navy too Really like that border stamp

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, a lovely card to start the week, I am looking forward to the shows and have put them to tape already. The patterned border looks great and looking forward to seeing the larger mica flakes. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eh up John
    Understated gorgeousness! Genius idea with cutting down that embossed background.
    50 samples? Is that all? Lol!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John, what a gorgeous card to start of the week !Looking forward to seeing you both on t.v.50 samples you made !?Do you have more hours in a day??lol.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning John, a fabulous card love this embossing folder hope my craft shop has it
    I am off there later to pick up one of Sue,s dies they have in for me so here's hoping.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi John, a gorgeous card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning John, I think a show just devoted to your samples is in order! Liking what you have done here with the embossing folder and the blue is such a pretty colour, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John,
    A great card, really looking forward to the shows tomorrow.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John,
    Beautiful card - looking forward to the shows and your samples.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John,
    Love this card, if this is an example of your samples then bring on the rest!!! PLEASE.
    Looking forward to the shows tomorrow but I will have to record them as it's going to
    be a busy day. Sending my best wishes, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John
    This card us stunning. I'm loving the blue Mica Gilding Flakes. If this is a sample for the shows, I can't wait to see the rest. I'll be recording the shows as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a clean looking card. The simple color scheme makes the card appear simple, but upon closer inspection it is anything but! The care and precision you put into your cards is mesmerizing. Well done - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    glad you are enjoying all the things you do and yes please
    do show us your other cards you made because this one
    is lovely ! so wish I bought that EF now
    Have a nice evening,
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous John
    looking forward to the shows too. everyone will be recorded
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous John
    looking forward to the shows too. everyone will be recorded
    love
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card John and love how you have used the embossing folder and the border is fab xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks so clean and simple and absolutely stunning John. I love the embossing folder you've used and the embossed strip is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing you and Sue on TV. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great idea with the embossing strip.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful, just love it! Enjoy the show, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  34. stunning card John ,boy have your cards improved even in the time since you returned to the UK,Fab card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi John, such a beautiful card, I have the E.F. Would not have thought to cut it down, thanks for the idea.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete