Saturday, 18 April 2015

SA Crafty 3sum!

Happy Saturday,

No you haven't stumbled onto the wrong web page with the header I'm demoing all weekend at Daisies Jewels and Crafts in Coventry with Hels Sherriden and Pauline Wheeler, therefore the owner Wendy has called the event a crafty 3sum!

I thought you might like to see a couple of the projects I will be demoing over the weekend as well as my usual die fest and playing with Cosmic Shimmer.  If you are in the area pop in and say hi!

This first card is made using both the classic and striped weaving dies from Sue's latest release and the Charming Hearts corner, a beautiful die with stunning detail that can make a card all on its own!  The design is symmetrical as well as asymmetrical as you can clip the flourishes away to make it into a different pattern.  I have done this with the larger ornamental corner for a demo on Create and craft next week, tune in if you want to see how!?!  The centre heart is stamped using my new Flower Hearts elements set and em,based in detail silver embossing powder.


The second card, believe it or not, is made using the waste from making the first!  I needed 4 of the corners and so I cut them laid out in a pattern to make the frame around the stamped sentiment.  I added a waste piece of Creative Expressions double sided adhesive sheet behind, stuck ti a piece of vintage silver foundation card and added in 4 of the corners cut from Coconut white card.  I then covered the aperture in diamond sprinkles which adds a lovely shine to the piece in real life!  Finally a few mats of the silver, lilac and coconut white and a card bank made by folding a piece of A4 card in half and a simple (almost free as its made with scrap) card is finished.

Here's a shot of the two... taken in my cart room so if you look closely you can see one of the Creative expressions Big Boy storage units behind along with my collection of chalk paint!

It would be great to see as many of my wonderful blog family who can make it over the weekend, click HERE for details on daisies!


Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Charming Hearts Corner
Classic Weaving Die
Striped Weaving Die
Ornamental Corner
Lilac, Rich Plum, Vintage Silver and Coconut white foundation card
Diamond Sprinkles (one of the glitter jewels collection)
Creative Expressions Clear Stamps- Flower Heart Elements - by me!

Enjoy...


33 comments:

  1. Hi John great cards Have fun take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cards john.....i could do with one .....or more of your big boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waste not... Two great cards.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John, love the cards and just realised I don't have the corner die, well I have now ordered it, enjoy your workshops/demo today.

    Have a great Saturday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy weekend John, lovely cards too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards John, first time visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards John , have a good weekend,
    XxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning John,
    Two very different card, love the both.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I do like the look of the storage. I hope the demos are going well. Enjoy your day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eh up John
    Both are terrific but love the heart one.
    Will get up close and personal with them in just over an hour lol!
    See you in a bit.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, love both cards.have a great weekend and Take care.Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi John,
    Oh my, both cards are gorgeous, I love your heart stamps they are so ideal for wedding cards. Enjoy your weekend.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, 2 really great cards, my favourite is the first one. Have a brilliant weekend with the demos. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John
    Live both cards but my favourite is the second one. Have a great weekend demoing in Coventry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning John, Love both these cards it's a nice change to see some without ribbons and flowers, yesterdays too! Elegant! Would love to come and see you but it's much to far for a day trip for us up north! Will have to settle for seeing you on TV for now! Looking forward to your shows, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi John, two beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't get to the UK John, but I had a great day out in Belfast yesterday. I could't find any of your stamps, sadly, and I was really looking forward to being able to get the new one you showed us the other day. Dead crafty to cut out in an arranged way, to get a second card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever young John, I must do more of this (cutting out with intention of using the waste). Both cards are lovely, and I can't wait to see more.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great cards & love the clever way you cut out the corners and still used the "waste" piece.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've done it again! Making two delicious cards and one with waste! I really must remember to think more like this Have fun today

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John.
    2 very perfect creations, and to think one used the waste from another is great.
    I so wish I lived nearer your place where you are demoing, as I would very much love to see all of you and the very fab demos that will be demonstrating.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. two fab cards John,love the waste one [shows what can be done with waste when you plan a little bit]Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you John for bringing us two beautiful and very different cards, I love them both, again your inspiration is so appreciated.
    Hope you are enjoying your day, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two gorgeous cards John, it's great to see how to make use of scraps to create something so pretty. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John, Two gorgeous cards, hope the weekend is going great.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two stunning cards and especially the 'waste one' amd really sorry John but can't resist it - love your 'cart' room!!! hope you had a good demo day - I attended a dabble day a couple of years ago and made a tag with Hels so I'm sure it will have been a fab day for all xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. 2 Great cards, you really don't like to waste anything, do you
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful cards John, very pretty.

    Hope you enjoyed today.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, two beautiful cards.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete