Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Pretty in Lilac?...

Happy Thursday!

Sorry about yesterdays late posting hopefully you all caught it!  Today I was going to post another card made in the same colour combination as Tuesday which was my happy accident of mixing sky blue with sand foundation card however as tomorrow is Blue Friday I thought I should brighten things up a little with a card made using the new lilac foundation card which is fast becoming a new quick favourite!

Again this started as a demo piece on Saturday as I was asked to show how to use the centre filigree section from the Noble ornate pierced rectangle die set from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions.  I stated by die cutting this die from the very centre of the foundation card (this can sometimes be tricky as the pressure is the lightest in the centre however I had to get a new teal calibur last week as I managed to break my old pink one, however persevere with it and the noble is a strong die!)  if you have issues with cutting in the centre of your machine you can cut this along the edge of a smaller piece and mount it onto the centre of a piece of card.

I then added a piece of creative Expressions double sided adhesive sheet behind the operate and brushed over a selection of mica's from the garden florals set to give this faded yet shiny look.  Next I cut the frame that matches from the set in the middle of a piece of coconut white foundation card and foam mounted this on top.

I matted and layered a few pieces of the white and lilac to make a base card and foam mounted the layers .  To make the central element I cut 4 of the delicate fronds from the finishing touches collection in more of the lilac and arranged them around the bottom left corner.  Next I added a bow and 2 roses made using the new satin ribbon packs in Orchid and off white.  The roses are made using Sue and Julia's technique of rolling the ribbon onto red line tape and scrunching the ribbon to make a flower / rose shape (I ma sure there is more info on this on Sue Wilson or Julia Watts blog as I learnt it in a workshop with Julia!)


Finally I added a few 8mm pearls in white just to highlight the design.

Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
ONoble Ornate Pierced die set
Delicate Fronds
CE Double sided adhesive sheets
Garden Florals Mica set
Coconut white & Lilac foundation card
Orchid and off White satin ribbon

Enjoy...



32 comments:

  1. really pretty, these cards that are 'inset' are my favourites.

    thanks for the inspiration john

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card this morning John love the lilac and white card together.
    Best wishes,
    JosieB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, a really lovely card today, great colour combo, and the ribbon flowers are very pretty. Have a good day. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, another gorgeous card today, the colours on this are so lovely, no wonder it is fast becoming your favourite method.

    It is a very wet Thursday here in Kent, hope yours is better, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    Very nice, Thank you Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the lilac card it is beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very delicate and pretty John,
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eh up John
    Well, you know I adore lilac so big √ Not mad for the roses but that's just my well known foible about felt or fabric lol!
    Still love the card mega much!
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card - not my favourite colour combo but then you csn personalise it to suit and the finishing fronds seems to be my go to die at the mo - I still need to have a go at the mica on sticky adhesive sheets as only ever used with Versamark and I think your way makes covering a larger area so much easier xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been in to look at your cards for a few days now, so it's quite a treat to look in this morning. They are just beautiful!! Especially today. This one is gorgeous! I love both the colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colours and dies you have used Just stop it now! Every time I see your creations I get die envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi John, I love today's card !it is absolutely gorgeous and in my favourite colour! take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    Card is sooooooo.. lovely.
    I'm hoping that you will have all these beautiful colours at Ally Pally next weekend.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John, beautiful card. Should use my mica powders more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Gorgeous card, love the colour combination.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning John, Sorry been missing for a few days I have had my grandchildren visiting for a few days and they keep me so busy! They are on their way back to the Forest of Dean today so may find time to make some cards over the Easter hols. As ever your cards are beautiful and give me lots of ideas! Thank-you for sharing.
    Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi John
    What a stunning card, and I'm loving the new lilac colour. I do hope C E bring plenty of stock to Ally Pally of the new colours they do. It's a job I know deciding what to bring with you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi John, I really like this card, and it's soft colours. The star for me are the little fronds, just lovely and will get them from Ally Pally. Have a Blessed Easter. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful John, love the design, colour and use of dies, those delicate fronds are very pretty.
    Have a great day and a Happy Easter

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes John very pretty, super colour, one I think we all like, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card John. Are you sure you didn't deliberately break your old Calibur so that you could buy the new one? That trick wouldn't help me, as I have four of the old ones! (and an Ebosser).

    ReplyDelete
  23. It certainly is pretty in Lilac John. Fabulous design and colours

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a really pretty card, the colours tone beautifully. Anyone would be delighted to recieve this card. I love the Dies and techniques you have used to create your beautiful card. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    beautiful card - I'm thinking of making something like this in dusky pink as a memorial card. You know what they say - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John
    I love the colour combination you've used today it's so pretty. Sometimes when the middle doesn't cut I put a shim over the bit that hasn't cut and 9 times out of ten it works 😊. The Noble dies are my favourite at the moment (it changes each time I use another set) πŸ˜„
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi John,
    very pretty card, nice colour.
    Have this die on my wishlist with so many more
    Take care , Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John, This is absolutely gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty card today John. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card John! I love the effect with the mica powder so thank the for explaining it. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi John, been away for a week enjoying some lovely sunshine, now catching up on your beautiful cards, This is beautiful as are the other cards I have checked out, love the die so must look into getting one, thanks for all your lovely ideas.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete