Email ME

Email ME
I love to hear from you! Please email me for any questions I am unable to reply to comments

Thursday, 16 April 2015

In The Pink...

Happy Thursday,

I keep forgetting to mention for those of you who wanted to get to Ally Pally to see the demonstrations I am working with Hels Sheridan and Pauline Wheeler this weekend at Daisies Jewels and Crafts in Coventry all this weekend.  This is one of my local craft shops and so I love demoing there as the people are lovely.  They are having a free demo weekend so pop in if you get chance click HERE for details.

Today's card is another using one of my new striplet stamps, this time the Rose trellis which is designed to match both the new Rosebud elements set as well as the scribble rose from the last release.  I have designed all of my stamp sets to coordinate with each other or to be used separately.  I love the idea of being able to make simple quick cards just by using one stamp.

I stated by stamping the triplet onto a piece of pink card from my stash using perfect medium.  I then added Cosmic Shimmer detail silver embossing powder and heat set it.  Next I die cut an aperture in the centre of  spice of Vintage silver foundation card using the outline die from the Quilted Blocks striplet by Sue Wilson.  I then added this over the stamped using foam tape and cut a larger border around the silver piece.







To finish the card I stamped the Happy Anniversary from my Flower Hearts set ( a sample from this set is tomorrow's card in lilac) in silver again on the pink and die cut it using the medium sized flag from Sue's pierced flags die.  I made a larger mat for it in the silver using the largest size of the flags and mounted the pink on top.  I stuck the flag over the aperture and added a ribbon rose along with some tulle and ribbon for balance to the left hand edge.



A very simple card where I have let the stamp, and a couple of die cuts, do all the work for me.

Ingredients:
Striplet stamps by John Lockwood - Rose trellis
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Quilted blocks striplet 
Pierced Flags
Cosmic Shimmer detail silver embossing powder
Vintage Silver foundation card
Remainder from my stash.

Enjoy...

34 comments:

  1. Hi John
    Thank you lovely card. Have fun take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning John, a fabulous card very simple and elegant just as the stamps are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John,

    Stunning card, love how you have used your stamp panel.

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card I do like the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning John, Beautiful card, love the colours and stamps! love Junex(Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card-your stamp sets are stunning.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John. A lovely card today. I really like the silver and pink combo and also how you have desiged stamps to fit Sue's Striplet dies. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple but very effective. Love your collection of stamps.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John,lovely card with an amazing looking stamp,simple but stunning.I think all of your stamps are lovely and very versatile as one can use them with Sue Wilson,s dies.Take care Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and could be coloured to the couple's wedding theme It may be simple (to you!) but it is so so effective Live these triplet stamps and I've started my collection of them - bought the butterfly one at AP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning John, a really lovely card today, elegant is the word that springs to mind. I received my lovely card giveaway yesterday and the little goodies, thank you it is beautiful.


    Have a great Thursday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning John,
    A beautiful card, love your striplet stamps.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John
    Stunning card, it is so elegant, love the shades you have used and the striplet die is beautiful
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love how the stamp works with the die it is very effective. I tried triple stamping it did not go well but I think I can rescue it. Thank you for all the inspiration. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning John, loving the stamp panel you have created and the pink and silver looks so pretty, love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eh up John
    What a striking colour combo. No whistles and bells required and I can even live with a fabric flower lol!
    Sheer loveliness.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,
    Great card, flower is fabulous.
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! I don't know what this looks like in real life but on screen it has a shiny leather look which is awesome. Great card John! As always :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card John, love this rose stamp it is beautiful. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab card Jihn and fab stamp set too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colour combo on this one, and a very effective style
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John
    Another stunner today using your striplet stamps. I just love the colours you gave used on this one. Wish you were doing Demi's down Oxfordshire/ Swindon way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John. I really like the layout of this card. A few tweaks and it would be suitable for any occasion. Silver and pink sounds gorgeous but for some reason it appears as a green and pink on my phone. However this colour combo looks fab too.
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning John, very pretty card, but it looks pale blue, pink and silver, thankfully I have this silver card so I know how lovely it must look in the hand.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    On my screen I also see pale blue/teak and silver which I thought is a strange colour combo, but when I started reading it makes sense - silver and pink is a beautiful colour combo. As is this card.
    Can't wait for the daffodils striplet stamp to come out.
    HAGD, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi John, boy an I drooling over this card, I LOVE the colour combination you have used, your stamps are magic.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clean and simple and absolutely stunning. I really must get these stamps. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi John,
    what a super creation.
    Love the fab colour pink as it's fave colour.
    Super designing as always.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi John, A gorgeous card, new stamp, gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello John,
    What a stunning card, I love how you do your layers. Silver and pink not a combo I would have used, BUT it works and looks fantastic. Take care, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. great card John ,another stunner ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous. I think you and Hels should come to either Preston or Fleetwood and demo there. Would be there like a shot xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous. I think you and Hels should come to either Preston or Fleetwood and demo there. Would be there like a shot xx

    ReplyDelete