Friday, 24 April 2015

Happy Friday,

Well today will see me prepping for my demo day at the Strikes Garden Centre in Clevelys near Blackpool.  I will be travelling up this afternoon to be fresh for tomorrow.  I wanted firstly to say thanx to the lovely women who attended my workshop yesterday for the laughs, cake and Joy's too sugary brownies!  I also wanted to thank them for understanding why I was a little tired and that My top was on  inside out!  I did want to mention scheduling the workshop was booked about 6 weeks ago when I was due to appear on C&C and Ideal world this Sunday unfortunately the dates were changed to Tuesday and Wednesday creating this crash!  Unfortunately the world of home shopping TV moves very quickly! lol

Back to toady and its a quick few pictures and ingredients I'm afraid, normal service will resume shortly!


I wanted to use the alternate die from the Classic adorned rectangle noble die I featured yesterday to the Ornate Pierced rectangle die today. The main difference is that the ornate has pierced detail around all of the cutting lines whereas the classic has a beautiful deep de-bossed design.  Of course the centres are different as are the size of the layers meaning that these can create mats for each other!

I teamed today's noble farmed card with Aqua and coconut white foundation card as well as both the striped and classic weaving dies.  The Nobel dies (all the 4 of them in the current range) make stunning frames which are perfect for framing the weaving!

I finished this card with a die cut form the Greek collection border piece which I cut in two to go arraign the bottom right of the card.  the ribbon is from my stash however the dazzler is CE and the hat pins come form Sue Wilson Stick pin elements set which has teardrop beads that match all the colours we use perfectly!

Ingredients:
Noble Ornate pierced die set
Classic Weaving Die
Striped weaving die
Greek Island collection corner, Border & Tag set
Aqua & Coconut white foundation card


Enjoy...

26 comments:

  1. really stunning card.....beautiful....love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. MorninJohn, absolutely gorgeous and I love these colours and a very pretty bow hope you're going to have a restful weekend after you're demoing in Blackpool.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, what can I say , I love it, love it, love it, brilliant, and am definitely going to try this one with the frame, I have done a few with the embossed frame but not like this. brilliant.

    Have a great Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and great dies. The weaving does look effective.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John.
    Thank you lovely card. Have a good weekend, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello John, another lovely card, with the great weaving dies. Hope you get some time to relax on the weekend. Take care all. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card love the weaving dies can't wait to get mine ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, as were all the samples I saw on the shows you did. You should have lots of sunshine in Cleveleys as i'm further down the coast in Southport and it's been a glorious week so far, weatherwise anyway!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John, Love it !! Love it !! Love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is a gorgeous card John. I do love how you use them dies. I hope you have a safe journey and that the demos go well. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card with beautiful colours and love the bow - the ribbon is lovely xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eh up John
    Yes, it was funny when we realised that you had your t shirt on inside out lol! And Joy's brownies were a joy!
    These Nobel Weaving cards (as I call em) you have been doing are marvellous. Each one as pretty as a picture.
    Safe travels today matey.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning John, Love this card the way you've done the frames inward is very effective, I will be trying this but haven't got the weaving dies yet so will do the centre differently! Have a safe journey up north, wish I was free to travel and see you but hubby in hospital for tests today so can't get away! Thanks for sharing all your ideas, love Junex (Cumbria)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous John I'm still catching up on shows! I bet you were exhausted! Made me smile re T shirt! Can't wait for my Noble dies to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi John,
    It's another beauty!!
    Just waiting on my weaving dies to arrive!
    Lorna D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning John,
    Well it seems you had a senior moment with the shirt before you are a senior, made me smile.
    Love your card today so classy.
    Safe journey to Blackpool.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John,An other beauty again,had a smile about your t.shirt.You must have been very tired.Take Care Jane.B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning John
    Stunning card today, just received my weaving dies so will attempt to try this
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning John, I so love these Noble dies.

    Have a great day.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning John, such a pretty card. My Noble Square dies arrived this morning, such quick delivery so I hope to have a play at the weekend and will use some of your samples as guides which I trust you won't mind. Enjoy your day tomorrow, take time to walk the prom and blow the cobwebs away from being indoors so much this week! love from Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi John. Just wanted to say thanks for the many tips you gave on the various C&C shows. Lovely fresh card today, great.
    CAZ X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi John, a beautiful card. Love the weaving dies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John, beautiful cards, hey what it's like to be famous! You deserve it with the wonderful stamps and cards you make.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John
    Another stunning weaving card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi John,
    I know how you feel - happened to me, too (decades ago in the days when I had to work for my living). I once spent an entire day at work with my sweater on inside out and only noticed at the end of it. When I told my colleague off for not telling me he just said "I thought it was the new fashion" !!
    Anyway, back to the card which is a stunner. I love those weaving dies backgrounds and noble dies.
    You did well there, as you did with all your fab samples on the shows.
    Best wishes, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card John, the colour is gorgeous and the weaving dies are such a brilliant idea. Hopefully you will be able to slow down a bit and recharge the batteries before too long. Pat x

    ReplyDelete